Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #301
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
It is kind of expected that you will search the thread before you ask your questions. Try it and cheers for choosing wisely ;)
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #302
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I will be moving to CO next Spring.. Woodland Park to be exact.. I will have two spare rooms and a garage always open to Husaberg riders Well they will be open to all ADV inmates but I may have beer available for Husaberg riders

Sweet! I got to visit Woodland Park and some local inmates last year on a riding trip. Wonderful place, and ever since I've been thinking of moving there myself someday. Good luck, and I might take you up on that spare room offer some day
OhioPT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #303
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,028
flashing light sequences on husaberg FE390 FE450 FE570

on one of the other forums a guy posted info about what the flashing lights mean diagnostically on these models. thought it was a handy bit of info and did it up in various font sizes in a PDF here so you can print it out and put it in your wallet, toolkit, manual etc.

just print it out on an A4 sheet and cut out whichever one is sized best.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #304
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 280
Thanks that's useful info.

Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 AM   #305
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Thanks B1! Printed, laminated, cut it out and will glue it on the bottom of the seat next time I'm in the garage.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #306
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chris View Post
no worries

not my info of course, i can't remember who posted it originally but just thought the different sizes and print friendly format would be handy.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #307
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Well, I'm back from tour and with a lot of work, a little frustration, she's finally ready to go!

A few changes and additions to further the cause.... traveling on a Husa.
CA Cycleworks fuel pump installed, Safari tank from down under, fresh chain and sprockets, valves still in spec after 7500 miles, some bling with the white plastic, and trying out new tires with the Mefo Super explorer rear and an IRC Battle Rally something or other front.
My pack is essentially the same as last time, though I have a smaller tent now that free'd up some space.

I'm leaving tomorrow riding to Baja for the Big Race, should be good times getting all mixed up with the pre-runners. Hopefully I can meet up with Baja Dad.

Went for a short test ride to try her out before I left, it's feeling great and running better than ever, though it's a little too clean right now!

-Finn

Nice work B1, I've printed out one for a backup to the PDF's I have of the whole owners manual, which BTW I have on a hidden page on my website if anyone wants PDF's of the manual to also have available on the road.
They are separated into sections to make small files you can email to yourself, or load into iBooks if you're on iOS.
Here's the link, please don't re-post it anywhere...

http://www.lostrider.com/lost/FE.html

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 01:02 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #308
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,724
Bike is looking very nice, have a great ride.

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Safari tank after the ride.

Is it the photos or does your chain look tight?

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #309
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Well, I'm back from tour and with a lot of work, a little frustration, she's finally ready to go!
Looking good there, Finn.

Any thoughts/feedback on the Safari tank (what is the new fuel capacity with that installed)?
Did you ever have the 70degree subframe tank (I don't remember)?

What size Rollie bags are they? I have a medium & two smalls, but I'm trying to decide whether to "go up" to a large and two mediums or even three mediums. I don't do many rides longer than a couple of days... to I don't want to go too large.

I know... questions, questions...
Old 11-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #310
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
thanks for the link, finn. i'll put those pdfs on the smart phone, could be very handy to have on a longer ride. that mefo rear tire looks good for adventure type rides and road when it can't be avoided, be interested to hear your impressions when you are back. bike looks fantastic (but they always do), enjoy putting some dirt on it.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #311
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Thanks fellows!

The main thing about the Safari that I don't like so far is it restricts how far the handlebars will turn, maybe 20%. It's fine standing up and not in the way, and if the slight reduction in turning is all that's bad, now having 4.2 gallons of fuel effectively doubling my range, I'll live with that downside.
I do not have a 70 tank at this time.

The bags are a Wolfman Medium Rollie on the tail and a Kreiga US 10 strapped to the left side on top of the GL Mojave.

Sleeping bag, pad, and grill in Wolfman. Tent, stakes and stove/pot combo in the Kreiga. Most tools in the secret stash spot, what I need to adjust chain is easily accessible in Mojave along with a spare rear tube and air pump.
I have a front fender bag that wasn't on in these photos with a spare front tube.

Can't wait to go get LOST in Baja, might do a few updates while there in my RR in my sig line.

LostRider.com
Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #312
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
+1 on the chain looking too tight.

I'm still trying to work out chain tension, as my chain keeps eating the inside of my chain guard (towards the tire). It also eats the tire.

Bike looks great Finn.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #313
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

I know what you guys mean with the chain and how it looks....

I too have had problems with the chain rubbing the tire, especially after long highway rides when it gets on the looser side of being in spec, or looking like other dirt bike chains that generally have lots of slack visible.
The chain as it is in spec, and even I took the shock out to move the swingarm through it's motion, where it's at is the tightest it can be without being too tight at the tightest portion or the arc. Me thinks unless you're at the tight end of the slack spec, it's just too loose for DS riding.

While just riding I was looking down at the (new) chain at highway speeds (not recommended), and the chain isn't all flopping around, eating up the chain guard (that I don't have anymore since I ate totally through the old one on my last ride).
It's nice and running straight.

LostRider.com
Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #314
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Finn, I had been running my chain tight as well. Have you considered that the problems are actually due to a tight chain? I'm a physics major, so it pains me to have just written that.
My friend has a FS570 and his chain is way looser than ours, and his stock chainguard is virtually untouched.

The supermoto guys have this issue big time, and most have cleared the issue with one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHAIN-BLOCK-...bd9cf8&vxp=mtr
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #315
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Interesting.

It's always seemed to me that the issue with the chain slapping around comes when the chain is looser, but I'm no physics major.
I know when it's looser and I look down while riding at speeds I can see/hear the chain slapping back and forth, like a bass string, when it's as tight as I feel comfortable with it, it is not moving any direction but forward.

That block looks like it would help, I'm in the wrong business... would love to be selling a simple block of plastic for $39!

I'll keep an eye on it on this next trip with a fresh chain and see what I come up with, thanks for the link.

LostRider.com