Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #511
Gany
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Bend27 runs a coyote over the rear tank on his ktm, maybe ask his opinion on how it fits for a rough comparison? Will try fond one of his pics.
Gany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #512
Gany
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Gany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #513
waldecker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Thanks guys,

Appreciate your input; that gives me some peace of mind to go and try something like the Coyote...

Cheers
waldecker
waldecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #514
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 275
Where do you hide stuff on your Husaberg?

Gents, in the spirit of sharing cool and useful info I'm looking to learn where you stash tools, spares, tyre pump, etc. I see on Finn's pics some little bits here and there which greatly interest me to know more. Also I think I saw some sort of hand fasteners on the bash plate or some such (those yellow things), what are those?

In other words, I'm accumulating spares and bits for proper trail riding, such as grip wire + glue, spare levers/pedals, a hand pump, tyre irons, patch kit, tyre valve tool, spare throttle cables, cloth tape, tow rope, chain breaker -- some of these are just backpack fodder but if it's all in the pack I'm using up all my pack space and I'd rather be able to hide stuff around the bike. Also my geigerrig is not the biggest one so I don't have a large backpack space after the bladder is full and I would like to avoid having the two "bike rolls" to put into (and fill up) the backpack, but that's all I have been able to do so far. Been leaning towards building two bum bags and just strapping on the one matching the bike I'll be taking.

Unfortunately my FE570 Australian version does not have the "secret compartment" along the left rear there, so I'm looking for sneakier places to stash things like the hand pump. I've seen people wrapping rope around their bars and such for tow ropes. I even bought one of those fender-top-bags but that needs to go somewhere else when I need the light...

What tricks do you guys use to stash things around your berg?

Chris
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #515
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chris View Post
Gents, in the spirit of sharing cool and useful info I'm looking to learn where you stash tools, spares, tyre pump, etc. I see on Finn's pics some little bits here and there which greatly interest me to know more. Also I think I saw some sort of hand fasteners on the bash plate or some such (those yellow things), what are those?

In other words, I'm accumulating spares and bits for proper trail riding, such as grip wire + glue, spare levers/pedals, a hand pump, tyre irons, patch kit, tyre valve tool, spare throttle cables, cloth tape, tow rope, chain breaker -- some of these are just backpack fodder but if it's all in the pack I'm using up all my pack space and I'd rather be able to hide stuff around the bike. Also my geigerrig is not the biggest one so I don't have a large backpack space after the bladder is full and I would like to avoid having the two "bike rolls" to put into (and fill up) the backpack, but that's all I have been able to do so far. Been leaning towards building two bum bags and just strapping on the one matching the bike I'll be taking.

Unfortunately my FE570 Australian version does not have the "secret compartment" along the left rear there, so I'm looking for sneakier places to stash things like the hand pump. I've seen people wrapping rope around their bars and such for tow ropes. I even bought one of those fender-top-bags but that needs to go somewhere else when I need the light...

What tricks do you guys use to stash things around your berg?

Chris
Giantloop Mojavi bag
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #516
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,623
A small/medium sized tank bag carries all my bits and pieces in one place including tool kit, pump/levers/tyre repair kit and tape and zip ties etc, with room for wallet and a small bottle of water. With the Berg being light on the front end it doesn't affect the steering or seat space and I can still refuel without removing the bag.

http://www.motorradgarage.com.au/man...&product_id=76
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Cruz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #517
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,934
Chris,

The FE Bergs have very little empty space anywhere on the bike.

I did a tool tube mod to carry my tools off my back, and always have them with me whether trail riding light, or packing heavy.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=2337

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #518
Dukehunt

Oddometer: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
A small/medium sized tank bag carries all my bits and pieces in one place including tool kit, pump/levers/tyre repair kit and tape and zip ties etc, with room for wallet and a small bottle of water. With the Berg being light on the front end it doesn't affect the steering or seat space and I can still refuel without removing the bag.

http://www.motorradgarage.com.au/man...&product_id=76

+1 Bruce, I use the small Wolfman tank bag and it works a treat.

BTW a new 2012 FE390 70deg snuck in to my garage for XMAS replaing the 2010 model. Very subtle improvements but noticable.

Dukehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #519
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,092
Besides the good posts above, I stash me tire irons/wrench combo tools here:

For those folks that do mixed dual sport riding, you might want to stay away from Dirt Tricks front sprockets and get a cush hub...

See the Husa owners thread for the full story.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #520
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukehunt View Post
+1 Bruce, I use the small Wolfman tank bag and it works a treat.

BTW a new 2012 FE390 70deg snuck in to my garage for XMAS replaing the 2010 model. Very subtle improvements but noticable.
Nice one, what improvements are there. My 2010 has needed a new battery and that is it.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #521
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Nice one, what improvements are there. My 2010 has needed a new battery and that is it.
hey cruz
so sounds like about two years for the stock battery (assuming it's been regularly charged)? good to know, with the rekluse there's no bump starting the bike so i'll probably replace the battery before it dies, although i carry jumper leads around.

only thing on mine has been the countershaft seal has started leaking.
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #522
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

After the t/a I didn't get near the Berg for months and it can't be set up for a tender so it wasn't well looked after. It was fine before then.

George Carlin
Old 01-04-2013, 03:33 AM   #523
bend27
by hook or by crook

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Bend27 runs a coyote over the rear tank on his ktm, maybe ask his opinion on how it fits for a rough comparison? Will try find one of his pics.
Great fit and no problems so far..I carry 2 tubes, 2 litres of water, pump, tool and some clothing. Done 12000+Klms.. Oh, nearly forgot, and 450ml of oil...
bend27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #524
Bluetonguejak
Adventure Seeker

Oddometer: 79
GL Coyote

Rear clips on fender - tighten this strap before tightening front straps.

Straps around plastic frame guards. Too close to exhaust if wrapped around frame. partially melted strap on old loop bag!

Picture of bag on bike in Post #476

Carry tools/tube in/on bum-bag. Spare filter etc in back-pack. All gadgets in GL tank bag PUT IN PLASTIC/DRY BAGS - drowned 2 cameras the first time i used the tank bag in a whole day torrential rain.
Bluetonguejak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #525
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,343
Which size dromedary bag for the back of my 390?
Leaning toward the 6L but the 4L may fit better
I'm also using a Mojavi Bag which I really like.

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote