Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #541
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian011952 View Post
I haven't ridden the Hussy in a week, the high temp today was 20. I'm ready for sunshine and heat too. Will that solar storm they are predicting help? Hmmm...
i've been waiting for a sub 35 degree (95 f) day to go for a ride. finally got out today, this berg sure puts a smile on the dial every time i go for a ride...
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #542
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Received my seat back today. I know mrt10x had a build date the same as mine but as he has not shown his I will show mine first.

I got suede top/ blue carbon fiber look sides.

Color is not the best match. Should have went with all suede.

Overall build quality looks excellent! I was late a couple of days in getting it sent off so it get got mixed in with orders around Christmas. Still not bad turn around time. Fits great. Still a pain to get on and off! Lol. Seems like it is a dual layer foam. Top layer feels very soft and then a hard layer under that. Got it taller to fit my 6'6", 36" inseam better. Couldn't take it for a ride as the handlebar area is a mess waiting on time for me to install grip heaters, hand guards, led turn signals and a couple of other parts. Didn't feel obtrusive on my legs at all; sitting or standing.

A couple from the side and back.

Only two gripes I have is that I was not sure on the height and asked in an email and in a note attached to the seat for James to contact me so we could discuss this. I never heard from anyone. I understand he was probably extremely busy but I would have appreciated some help on such an expensive item. It would have been nice also if he had told me that his blue doesn't match Husaberg blue (he told me in the initial e-mail that he had a Berg so he should have known the color was different).

All in all I think I will be really happy with the seat. Can't see the color when I am riding it anyway! Height seems about right. If I had got it to him on time and it would have not been around the holidays he may have not been to busy to contact me.

I will post up a ride report on it as soon as I can get the bike back together.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #543
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Sorry for the dark photos. Didn't seem so bad on my Ipad. Will post a better photo tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #544
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chris View Post
For what it's worth, the FE 570 (2012 in Australia at least), does not come with the "secret compartment" on the left, so it looks like Cyborg's except of course without the tank under there.

The side number plate looks a bit stiff but not sure how well it would hold up with much weight, I suppose that's up to the fasteners.
The left side panel holds up very well to a fully stuffed and heavy tool tube, and I've given it a lot of abuse and no problems. I used large but thin flathead bolts I found at a hardware store. No idea what they were for, but they had a brown finish, so maybe some kind of cabinet hardware.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #545
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Received my seat back today. I know mrt10x had a build date the same as mine but as he has not shown his I will show mine first.

Sphincter says YES! My arse is envious. How much (or is it a secret)?
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #546
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,166
I got the full suede.. black on black and I think it was $425? My concern is that I have short legs 30" inseam, despite being a manly 5'11" I am now on my tip toes, I had a Seat Concetps low seat on before.. James refuses to make a "low" seat for Husabergs because he says there just isnt enough padding to keep the seat comfortable. I will post some pics later today..but it looks just like RTF's seat,, only black

mrt10x screwed with this post 01-16-2013 at 08:52 AM
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #547
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chris View Post
Sphincter says YES! My arse is envious. How much (or is it a secret)?
The suede top, vinyl sides runs $375 plus shipping. Put my name on the list around last August.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #548
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I got the full suede.. black on black and I think it was $425? My concern is that I have short legs 30" inseam, despite being a manly 5'11" I am now on my tip toes, I had a Seat Concetps low seat on before.. James refuses to make a "low" seat for Husabergs because he says there just isnt enough padding to keep the seat comfortable. I will post some pics later today..but it looks just like RTF's seat,, only black

I'm so easily flat footed with a bit of knee bend on the Tiger 800 XC, but on the berg I'm noticeably stretching in comparison... to the ground. But to the pegs I'm still cramped (34" or so inseam) so seat height at the cost of ground touch is okay, to gain peg comfort... and less lifting distance when I'm picking my arse up off the seat too.. :-)

That rear view showing the width is really nice. Looking forward to any multi-tank day rides you can share an arse-report on!
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #549
SmileyRider
With lots of Teeth

Oddometer: 37
If you could buy any luggage option what would it be and why?
Ive seen alot of rollie setups and wolfman luggage.

Personally I think the giant loop looks like an excellent option. Does anyone run this?
I know its not waterproof but I am not too concerned about that.

I just bought a 390 and I am going to kit it up for some longer rides and would appreciate any input.

Cheers
SmileyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #550
pinevalley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyRider View Post

Personally I think the giant loop looks like an excellent option. Does anyone run this?

I just bought a 390 and I am going to kit it up for some longer rides and would appreciate any input.

Cheers
Check out the Kriega thread in Vendors. A good discussion starts on post 401.

Feel free to ask questions.

Pinevalley
pinevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #551
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyRider View Post

Cheers
I'm not going to tell you that I know the answer to your delima, but one thing I do know is Wolfmans customer service is 110% awesome. I, through my own misuse of a bag, holed one of my cloth paniers. I contacted Wolfman, and they said send it bac the repair would be $10. I sent it back and they repaired it but they also double lined the bottoms for me, I guess they figured I was gonna do the same thing again or something. Anyway, customer service like that goes a long, long, long ways with me. I but Wolfman exclusively because of the great service.
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #552
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Ok, here is a tech tip I'm thinking is going to work ok and which is cheap. Dog food bags! You say WTF! Ok, ok, I'll explain. A couple of the people I know in our re-purpose everything society have made tote bags out of the new plastic woven dog food bags. The things are tough as nails, have a re-closable zip-loc style seal, and seem to be waterproof too; well, at the least very water resistant.

So, last night, I was going to throw out two empty DF bags, when it dawned on me that they are plastic, ultra water resistant if not outright water proof, and light weight. I thought about that for a minute, looked at them agaian and placed them on my riding gear shelf. I will clean them out very well and then pack my stuff into them before putting it into my cloth panniers. I know it will keep stuff dry and they are free. It may sound kinda crazy, but I'm pretty sure I just found a free waterproof panier liner. BTW, my dog eats Beneful, and no this isn't a drunk posting.
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #553
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinevalley View Post

Pinevalley
I use Kriegas on my 390, 650 Xch before that and a XL600v, very good gear, nil problems, water and dust proof. Come in 5, 10, 20 and 30 litre bags and combos of those bags.

Pics at Post 28 here. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=782994&page=2
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #554
SilveradoTX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
I've only recently found out about the Husaberg, and I like what I see. I know they are built to explore and I'm sure handle off road well, but I'm curious about their on road manners as well.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #555
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinevalley View Post

Pinevalley

Nice setup

for those who havent been there post 415 has pinevalleys berg with the kriega overlander 30(?) setup

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=415

did you have to do anything to stop the plastic pushing onto the exhaust ?

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote