Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #661
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Brian, did you never finish your bash plate? Have been waiting patiently on some pics!
I dropped it off at the welder today. Soon, been BUSY!!!!!
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #662
windquest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Husaberg Rally Parts

Thought you guys might find this interesting....

Rally Parts

Old 04-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #663
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by windquest View Post
Thought you guys might find this interesting....

Rally Parts

Very interesting indeed....

The 3 gallon underseat tank and the Oil cooler adaptor cover really catch my eye...

Now I just need to win the lottery so I can afford a kit.

Not much info on this site, where are they out of? I see prices in Euros but most of the links are dead.

neat stuff, one can only dream, thanks for sharing!

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 06:59 AM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #664
milzispete
Conquistador

Oddometer: 191
they have a great facebook page with photos of the kit and car park build. look up husaberg rally. this is the same kit that berglund racing have been competing with this season
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #665
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,320
The kit was developed by Thomas Berglund and Holmberg Motorsports over the last couple of years, they are both based in Sweden. Prices are all in Euro and apparently don't include VAT.

You have to get the front tanks (and all the associated parts) if you want to use the rear tank, it won't work with the stock one. Same with the stock header and mid pipe, they won't work. So even if you are not going for the full rally fairing, to get just the fuel tanks you are looking at a minimum of €4500 (or €5400 for EU buyers) for the basic kit + header parts...

Having competed against a couple of 570RRs in the 2013 Tuareg Rally and seen the bikes up close, I gotta say I love the look and functionality of the kit.

LukasM screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 10:48 AM
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #666
Jonathan75
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Lost Rider

Hey I came in late on this thread. I am curious what type berg you are taking these trips on? I read your earlier posts on taking trips on your berg and I am wanting to do the same thing. Thanks.
Jonathan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #667
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan75 View Post
Hey I came in late on this thread. I am curious what type berg you are taking these trips on? I read your earlier posts on taking trips on your berg and I am wanting to do the same thing. Thanks.
70 in the thread title refers to the 2009-2012 Husaberg 390/450/570 models with the unusual forward tilted cylinder.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #668
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Mine is the FE570S flavor, 2011 vintage. (;

LostRider.com
Old 04-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #669
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:
some guys are using the 390 and 450 for adventure rides too as the engines are pretty bullet proof if the fuel pumps on earlier models are sorted. i think the 570 is more popular though as it has the grunt to sit at highway speeds without breaking a sweat. basic setup would be cush drive hub, repad the seat, gear it up a bit, get some soft luggage sorted.

i've been away for a weeks camping over 1400 miles and it was brilliant, couldn't fault the bike. guys here have been away longer and further i'm sure....
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #670
Jonathan75
Adventurer

So what about the new 501 is it able to do the same thing? As far as an adventure bike. I have a friend who just bought a KTM 690R wondering how a 501 would compare. I have an f800 gs and i love it just want to add another bike and i really like the husabergs.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #671
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,989
Quote:
So what about the new 501 is it able to do the same thing? As far as an adventure bike. I have a friend who just bought a KTM 690R wondering how a 501 would compare. I have an f800 gs and i love it just want to add another bike and i really like the husabergs.
The 501 is the same motor as the KTM exc 500... Slight differences in steering and suspension. But essentially the same bike.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 04-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #672
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Quote:
Since this is the Husaberg 70 traveler thread and most of us in here ride a 70, most any talk about a 501 being compared as an ADV bike is probably just speculation. You could take a look at the KTM 500 owner threads to see if anyone is putting on ten's of thousands of miles without any issues and probably have your answer about the 501.

Seeing how the Husaberg 501 doesn't come as 50 state plated bike like the FE570 and most 70 owners are pretty disgusted with what KTM has done with the Husaberg line I don't see many folks trying to make a 501 into an adventure bike when they could get basically the same thing already with better aftermarket support and street legal in Orange.

We're all about the 70 Husa's in here.

LostRider.com
Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #673
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
some guys are using the 390 and 450 for adventure rides too as the engines are pretty bullet proof if the fuel pumps on earlier models are sorted. i think the 570 is more popular though as it has the grunt to sit at highway speeds without breaking a sweat. basic setup would be cush drive hub, repad the seat, gear it up a bit, get some soft luggage sorted.

i've been away for a weeks camping over 1400 miles and it was brilliant, couldn't fault the bike. guys here have been away longer and further i'm sure....

That is just Awesome B1!!!

Very nice video work, beautiful country you have if but a little wet it seems. I could almost smell those lamb chops, and your video really makes me want to come ride in your country with your crew, I mean with such nice accommodating country folks and smiles all around who wouldn't!

You Aussies sure know how to have a good time and do things right.

BTW, seems like every video I see from down under there are always tons of wheelies, is it in your blood or what!

Thanks again for sharing.

LostRider.com
Old 04-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #674
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:
as per lost's reply, i'll wait a few years and see if the 501 has anything like the longevity and reliability of the 70 degree engines.

the 690r seems to polarize riders. some hate it and some love it. i ditched mine after two months, put my thoughts on it here along with those of a mate who loves his to bits. trying to be objective, the 690r will probably feel more stable on tar as it is 26kg heavier but you won't be throwing it around like a dirt bike. reading posts from the usa it seems a lot of guys do really long stretches of straight tar on their adv rides so certainly the 690r would be better there. here in oz it's usually about 40 mins of tar out from the city then we just stay on the dirt pretty much non-stop, as typified by the vid below (if i can just sneak another one in!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
That is just Awesome B1!!!
I could almost smell those lamb chops, and your video really makes me want to come ride in your country with your crew.... BTW, seems like every video I see from down under there are always tons of wheelies, is it in your blood or what! Thanks again for sharing.
i don't even like lamb chops but they were amazing! then again i didn't like camping either till i met this crew, they are a pile of fun to ride with. tires cost a fortune down under so we do what we can to minimize wear, front tires fitted start at around $100 and head up from there.

if you ever do get over here let me know and we can take you to all our secret squirrel stuff in queensland, then give you the gps files to work your way down through new south wales all on dirt to the amazing high country in victoria. i'd probably wind up going along actually as i haven't done it yet. and at last we'd have some decent photos with you behind the lens...

B1 screwed with this post 04-30-2013 at 01:54 PM
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #675
Jonathan75
Adventurer

Thanks to all who responded. Extremely helpful information.I do not really want an orange bike. Just looking for a dirt bike I can take trips on I am ready to get one asap. Just trying to make the best choice and i really want a husaberg.