Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #826
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Just a heads up for everyone. Cyclebuy had three 2nd gen 70 degree sub frame tanks in stock this morning.

http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/gas...#Larger_Images

They now have two! :)
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #827
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Riding

Rebuilt the forks yesterday and I am headed out for a ride this weekend. I'll try to post a picture or two next week. Gotta load the bike today, working the next two days and leaving early Saturday morning. I'm ready for some rough roads and high country.
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #828
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
what I read was that he was retiring from doing any hands on suspension work and moving to online sales.. hence all the great videos showing his techniques.
You're likely correct. My info was just something i read in a KTM forum.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #829
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian011952 View Post
Rebuilt the forks yesterday and I am headed out for a ride this weekend. I'll try to post a picture or two next week. Gotta load the bike today, working the next two days and leaving early Saturday morning. I'm ready for some rough roads and high country.
How much oil did you put in each leg?
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #830
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
How much oil did you put in each leg?
My manual states 400 ML/CC's per leg.
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #831
galbo950
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
I posted this in the other 70degree thread, can anyone here shed some light on the wiring? Oh yeah and the fuse is not blown.

Well I'm now the happy owner of an 09 FE570, took it for a quick lap around the paddock and I'm impressed. Now here's the but.....

The headlight and taillight doesn't work (brake light works) and I have 2 spare wires behind the headlight that I'd like to know what they're for. Ok, 1 of the wires is yellow with a blue stripe and appears to have 12 volts on it when the bike is running, this wire runs back toward the rear of the bike. Wire has no plug on the end and looks like it was either cut or just pulled out of a connector.

The other wire is brown with a black stripe and runs to the rear of the plug that I presume is for the indicator switch block (currently don't have the indicator switch block as the previous owner removed the indicators, switch block and flasher relay).

Now for the headlight questions. On the switch block which wire does what? Pretty sure the green wire and blue wire are for the high and low beam and the white wire is for the park light. The yellow and black wire and yellow wire seem to have 12 volts. Is this correct so far? Which wire is meant to supply power for the headlight? Is one AC for the headlight and one DC for the horn? Is the red wire the horn and the brown wire earth/ground?

Any help would be great.

The bike is an Australian ADR bike as well.
galbo950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #832
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,092
Husaberg Traveler windscreen DIY

For some time I've been wanting to add some wind protection to the Husa for those long days when Traveling. Hoping to take some long rides this fall I figured now was a good time to experiment...
After much searching for a suitable screen and some DIY research I decided to make a screen myself out of a 12" x 12" .1875" Kydex sheet I ordered for $10 on Amazon.
For the initial molding to fit the headlight mask I used a non-stick pizza stone preheated in the oven to 400º, it took about 3 minutes for the sheet to get soft and with my bike gloves on I formed it into the mask and gave it the flat angle up from the mask in the kitchen. I added 4 stainless steel bolts and nuts to attach it to the mask, then measured and marked out the shape. I then used the Dremel with a EZ-lock plastic cutoff wheel to get the shape cut, cleaning the rough cuts and smoothing the edges with a buffer wheel again with the Dremel.
The final angles on the corners I used a heat gun to help shape it and voila!
I now have a windscreen that takes all the highway speed wind pressure completely off my chest, leaving my helmet in relatively clean air with no annoying buffeting, the first test ride was successful and I'm very happy with the prospects of no wind blast on my chest and adding some protection from the elements.

I had added a pipe clamp with rubber around it I had laying around from another project to guide the brake line I now have running behind the mask, using OEM signal bracket and bolt that holds the LED's on that just happen to be in the perfect spot. Everything moves freely back there, having my mask raised and simple brackets (covered earlier in this thread) that makes it stay forward makes this possible. @ 80mph the screen pushes back and rests against the HDB bars and doesn't flap around, overall it feels pretty solid.

It might not be the most pretty thing, but it sure is functional and the price was right!

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 06-20-2013 at 03:07 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #833
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

galbo950, welcome to the party!

You might want to search over on the Unofficial Husa forum, lots of technical info over there. Most folks who are in this thread are in the Owners thread, but not all the folks in the Owners thread participate in this Traveler thread so I'm not sure it's the best thread to get technical answers. My wiring is such a mess in there I doubt I can be of much help, sorry.

Congrats on the new bike though!

http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

LostRider.com
Old 06-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #834
galbo950
Studly Adventurer

Thanks Lost Rider, think I've got it worked out now.. The 2 loose wires are for the flasher relay I believe, as for why the headlight and tail lights don't work, looks like the headlight switch block is permanently open circuited. I'll by pass it later today to see if it all works, if it does it'll be off to the KTM dealer for a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
galbo950, welcome to the party!

You might want to search over on the Unofficial Husa forum, lots of technical info over there. Most folks who are in this thread are in the Owners thread, but not all the folks in the Owners thread participate in this Traveler thread so I'm not sure it's the best thread to get technical answers. My wiring is such a mess in there I doubt I can be of much help, sorry.

Congrats on the new bike though!

http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
Old 06-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #835
galbo950
Studly Adventurer

Electrical issue is fixed

Ok the electrics are now sorted, the culprit is a stuffed headlight switch. As for the 2 loose wires, they are for the flasher relay.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #836
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,623
Sent you photos.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #837
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
I had added a pipe clamp with rubber around it I had laying around from another project to guide the brake line I now have running behind the mask, using OEM signal bracket and bolt that holds the LED's on that just happen to be in the perfect spot. Everything moves freely back there, having my mask raised and simple brackets (covered earlier in this thread) that makes it stay forward makes this possible. @ 80mph the screen pushes back and rests against the HDB bars and doesn't flap around, overall it feels pretty solid.

Finn,

Any chance you could take a couple of closeup pics of the brackets you created to move the mask up & forward? I need to do that to mine and yours looks just about perfect. I see the side ones there in the pic above - how long are they? 2 or 3 inches?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #838
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Here ya go!

LostRider.com
Old 06-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #839
FamilyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
I did something similar on my son's DRZ when I mounted a Trail Tech X2 headlight.

Here is a close up of the bottom bracket.

Each bottom bracket uses a strip of aluminum, a spacer, and a bolt/nut. The top just needs the aluminum strips, but they are longer than the bottom ones (the hypotenuse of the triangle).
Old 06-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #840
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,950
Quote:
It might not be the most pretty thing, but it sure is functional and the price was right! [/IMG]
that looks like the business, lost! must be great in cold weather or on the highway. i went for something smaller so i still had good airflow in summer. it's only bolted to the headlight shroud so no extra bracketing at all. covers up the gps nicely and still makes quite a difference on the highway. the plastic is from a chlorine container and the screws cost fifty cents. love the cheap mods.

B1 is offline   Reply With Quote