Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #886
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
is there a big difference in fuel economy? on an easy adventure ride i normally get around 200 km or 120 miles before she runs out completely. definitely drops in gnarly going or pushing the bike though. cruz i think you mentioned what you get with the 390 before but can't remember....
I have a 570. Cyborg has a 390. I'm only assuming it gets better mileage, but don't know how much.

My stock FE570, I only get 90-100mi until running dry.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #887
getset
----GO----

Oddometer: 92
Took the 570 on the first over nite trip. Impressive to ride even loaed with gear. Very pleased with the Wolfman luggage. Need a spacer between the plastic and muffler, but other than that I was able to get everything loaded easily using two medium rollies and a medium duffle. Looking forward to the new seat, as that blue board is horrible.

getset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #888
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,099
nice one, getset. how did you find the handling with the luggage on the rear? i've got the heavier stuff in a tank bag but it doesn't do much to fix the rear weight bias the berg already has. be a good excuse to lash out on a safari tank....
Old 07-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #889
getset
----GO----

Oddometer: 92
I found wheelies are easier!

I don't really notice it much. It is so above and beyond what I have been riding, that I am not really aware of the weight issues. As long as the gear stays in place I am pretty happy. We used 6L MSR bladders to extend our range and could travel an easy 260k.

I also use a Klim pack for my daily gear as opposed to a tank bag, as I feel like they just get in the way, and make it all cramped. I move forward and back on seat quite a lot when riding. I tend to slide forward and weight the front more when coming into tight corners, so that may be why I am not noticing the weight biased issues. The bike does tend to leave the earth a little ass heavy now that I think about it....
getset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #890
KTMInduro
Off Road Montster

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
Other than more grunt, and less fuel range, I can't really think of why the 570 is all that different or better. People with 390s seem to think their bikes are better and easier to ride in the tight stuff due to how the power comes on. However, if you're like me and will always wonder and look, you might as well get it and sell the one you don't like. All the bolt on parts are swapped across.

Well it seems there's no major plus's for the 570 v the 390, so I think I'll stick with what I've got for now and see how I get on. Mrs Induro will be happier also. Cheers Rensho.
KTMInduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #891
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Two Weeks of Being Lost

Saturday, I'm taking the Hussy for a two week ride into as much back country as I can find. I've routed Northern Nevada, parts of Utah, the T-1 trail through Idaho, some Washington, and a return through Nevada. I'll post some pics and a short write up when I get back.

Quite excited to be leaving civilization for two whole weeks, Yipee!
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #892
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMInduro View Post
Well it seems there's no major plus's for the 570 v the 390, so I think I'll stick with what I've got for now and see how I get on. Mrs Induro will be happier also. Cheers Rensho.
Hey, I was looking though your 2 trip threads and noticed you are running a LHRB, with no rear foot brake lever. How's that working for you? Any problems/regrets?

Sweet epic trips you've got there!
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #893
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,978
Quote:
Monty, 390's can carry luggage just as well as the 570's, just less overall power, but still plenty to get the job done -- and better fuel mileage.

I've ridden at least 4 different 570's over tough technical and also dual-sporting roads and trails. The 390 is just less work for my aging, slightly busted up body and I enjoy it more once the going gets tough. The 390 has had plenty of power and grunt to get up all the biggest hills I've been willing to attempt with it, with luggage on it. It's a strong running 390.

Chris Vestal RallyMoto Kit or here makes a nice very lightweight Rally/Adventure kit that fits on the FE's. I've ridden Pinevalley's 570 with one on it and it's nice.

I have bigger bikes for popping those big wheelies at speed
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #894
KTMInduro
Off Road Montster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
Hey, I was looking though your 2 trip threads and noticed you are running a LHRB, with no rear foot brake lever. How's that working for you? Any problems/regrets?

Sweet epic trips you've got there!
The LHRB is a really great addition to my bikes. Much more control and feel when on the brakes everywhere, especially on steep down hills. It makes the bike feel like a MTB.

I have a Rekluse Z start so cannot run a clutch lever on the bars which might be a sight drawback , but to be honest I've hardly ever missed having it for the type of riding I do. If I did I would upgrade to a Rekluse Pro. The set up of Rekluse & LHRB just works.

One thing I guess I should mention is that jumping off the Berg and straight onto my GS with a standard setup (or vice versa) can be slightly problematic if I'm not concentrating ! .
Old 08-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #895
KTMInduro
Off Road Montster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post

The 390 is just less work for my aging, slightly busted up body and I enjoy it more once the going gets tough. The 390 has had plenty of power and grunt to get up all the biggest hills I've been willing to attempt with it, with luggage on it. It's a strong running 390.
Thanks Cyborg. I was hoping you would chime in

As an aging fairly busted up rider your justifications for the 390 have hit the nail right on the head.

My 390 is therefore going to be my ADV project bike

Quote:
Chris Vestal RallyMoto Kit or here makes a nice very lightweight Rally/Adventure kit that fits on the FE's. I've ridden Pinevalley's 570 with one on it and it's nice.
Have you ridden on single track with the fairing ? How did you get on ?

The reason I ask is that on my ride in Flores a few months ago, my Africa Twin had a Rallye Fairing and I had some real problems seeing where I was going on rocky single track, even when standing.

KTMInduro screwed with this post 08-02-2013 at 03:58 AM
Old 08-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #896
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,978
Quote:
Thanks Cyborg. I was hoping you would chime in
As an aging fairly busted up rider your justifications for the 390 have hit the nail right on the head.
My 390 is therefore going to be my ADV project bike

Have you ridden on single track with the fairing ? How did you get on ?
The reason I ask is that on my ride in Flores a few months ago, my Africa Twin had a Rallye Fairing and I had some real problems seeing where I was going on rocky single track, even when standing.
Hi Monty, no I have only ridden pinevalley's bike a bit on smooth road. You can PM pinevalley and ask him about his setup and how he likes it offroad.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #897
wy4tt
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Has anyone had trouble with water with the FE570? I just picked mine up last week. After taking the rad shrouds off, it looks like water could get in and have nowhere (good) to drain. Is this any issue for anyone? If so, what have ya'll done to help reduce the issue?

Much thanks in advance.
wy4tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #898
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by wy4tt View Post
Has anyone had trouble with water with the FE570? I just picked mine up last week. After taking the rad shrouds off, it looks like water could get in and have nowhere (good) to drain. Is this any issue for anyone? If so, what have ya'll done to help reduce the issue?

Much thanks in advance.
The 70 Berg is one of the best bikes for going through deep water with its high air intake that is completely shielded all around, much better than the other KTMs with the rear air filter box that is lower and leaks in everywhere.

If you do get some water in the air filter area it can drain at the rear side of the airbox, the tank has a cutout there.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #899
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Just Back!

An amazing ride is all I can describe it as, 12 days, 3313.5 miles, and over 80% of those miles off of the pavement. I'll try to post some pictures in the morning. The Hussy was flawless, not even a broken lens, just some worn out tires.

Anyone feel like reminding me how to post pictures on here, and I'll see what I can do to get a few photos posted in the morning.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #900
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

10228 Feet

This is one of the passes we rode over, the Hussy was flawless at altitude.

http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/br...8854383http://