Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
TomBigz OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Rebuild thread R80G/S '87

Greetings,

After spending several hours on this forum I came to the conclusion that I want to spend more time scrolling through topics. Which also means I should introduce myself and my ''project''. My name is Tom, 21 years old and from the Netherlands. I own a R80G/S from 87, produced in June. So I guess its one of the latest. Got 102.000km on it right now.

I got my motorbike license for almost two years now which means I may finally ride a more powerful bike than 25Kw (a standard rule around here). My first bike was a R65, sold it a couple of weeks back. Kinda regret it but hey, you cant have it all now can you!

Now that I come close to my full license I am in need for a new bike. I have always loved BMW's so it had to be a real airhead again. I found this beautiful red R80g/s in my dad his old barn which had been there for like 2 or even 3 years straight. After a lot of whining and discussing I finally got what I wanted (after handing a small amount of cash of course).

My idea was to clean the bike up a little, renew the oil and spark plugs and ride on! But no... We found out that the neutral switch inside the gearbox was not working at all so it needed to get replaced. Of course the new switch broke off which ment the whole gearbox had to leave the engine. One thins led to another and before I knew it we had big plans. The idea is to completely renew the engine from the inside, the gearbox, carburators etc. etc.

Enough talking, here are some pictures of what I have done so far.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/TomBigz/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]

free image hosting

As you can see im busy with repainting some parts and cleaning up everything that has been taking off the bike. In some weeks its time for the whole engine (im not going to do that myself).

TomBigz screwed with this post 04-20-2012 at 05:14 AM
TomBigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #2
ontic

Oddometer: 1,037
Hi Tom and welcome,
you almost posted your image right,

you copy your direct link to your image

http://s18.postimage.org/cs2h1wxrd/P1060075.jpg

and then you either press the insert image button (square button with a mountain and yellow sky) and paste the web address into the pop-up window,
or you just manually insert it in between these codes
[IMG] [/IMG]

when you do either this happens

I am not sure where you are hosting your image but there might be a quick way to just copy the right code direct from there- there is on photobucket which is what I use.

Now that is out of the way, your old R65 is nice and all, but post us a photo of your G/S

what are your plans for the rebuild?
ontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 64,720
I think you're fine, Tom. Your post is still there.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
ontic

Oddometer: 1,037
I'm not sure what is happening.
I am not Tom,
I didn't start this thread, I replied to Tom's post. Now his post is gone and it seems like I started this thread?
ontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
TomBigz OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
I already PM'ed an admin about it. I really dont know what happened but indeed, my post is gone! I made a new topic which need to be approved still. So if someone could just close this topic that would be great !
TomBigz is offline   Reply With Quote