ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #31
crashman44b OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Here's the plan guys for the weekend.

Friday is when the camping spots open up. I should be there by 1pm and set up. Camp fires and cooking that night. I may go for a spin or two.

Saturday is wide open so far.

Sunday. We will eat at noonish. I will furnish the burgers and salads. Then we will hit the road. We are going to ride the river to Orleans and stop for a break and a beer at Pattingtons. Then its Lewis and Clark time to Oxford. We have satellite maps and that's about it.

Im not worried about when you guys show up but try and be on time Sunday. I know this isn't really organized very well and Im sorry. Expecting 4 bikes as of now. Maybe 5.

my is #three zero eight three seven nine seven two one nine. Call or text me. Tony
crashman44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #32
nefj40
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
All fixed (for now)

'05 Dakar
nefj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #33
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,622
Well, how did it go fellas?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #34
Tallboy
hiding in the tallgrass

Oddometer: 12,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post

I plead ultra crappy weather on Saturday pushing much needed house/yard chores off on Sunday as reasons for not making it. And overall laziness.

Todd Snider
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #35
crashman44b OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
4 bikes showed. Randy (XR),Nefj40(Dakar),Doug(DR),Crashman44b(DR).

Camping was good except for a storm sunday night and the wind Saturday. Heavy rain for a few minutes and small hail. We ducked into the camper for a while and then under the awning when it finally let up. The other 2 were home by then.

We went to Orleans and down some dirt roads that followed the river. Also some weedy single track walking pathes. The core had put dirt piles on the trail to keep vehicles out. It didnt work. Found some decent little camping spots off the main dirt roads. We got off the river and hit some gravel and MMR's. Randy thinks we got into Kansas as do I. Got on the south side of the river and headed back to Alma. Nice dirt roads by fisherman's gate south of Alma. You could fly. I came around a corner and there was a tree down in the middle of the road. Doug was looking at it shaking his head. I just went around it. I later found out that Doug was shaking his head because Randy had jumped it. It was rather funny the way Doug told the story. We then went to the ice cream shop in Alma and parted ways. Nefj40 and some magic smoke and broke tail light bracket. Hope it was just a fuse. Bungee Cord put the tail light into place for the rest of the trip.Sunday was about 45 miles in 4 hours or so. Lots of hydrating and talking. And a few tip overs.

Randy and I then rode Monday. We took the low road to Rep City. We then went to the dam and spill way. ORV trails were closed because of the rain. There is some good views on the ORV trails so I was rather upset. We checked out all the camping spots and watering holes on the south side of the lake. We then took a gravel road to Naponee and then to HW136 and back to camp. We went about 45-50 miles in 2 hours.

I was impressed with Randy's XR and Goldwing set up. It was really neat and not what I was expecting at all. I was expecting a pick up full of camping gear and a bike I guess. He has many good riding stories and I learned alot. A true ADV'er. Nefj40 had about 100 pounds of weight on everybody with his Dakar but did just fine off the beating path. His Land Cruiser is a BEAST also. I enjoyed seeing it. I would have loved to rode more but had to balance riding time with family time. Sorry about this. Wife got testy with me a few times but thats about it. Enjoyed talking to everybody and hanging out. It was a good time. Heres a few pictures

crashman44b screwed with this post 05-29-2012 at 06:28 PM
Old 05-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #36
nefj40
Adventurer

I had a good time. I had two wires frack in my wiring harness and I spent all of Monday fixing that. I'm lucky as hell that the bike continued to start and run Sunday.

'05 Dakar

nefj40 screwed with this post 05-30-2012 at 06:19 AM
Old 05-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #37
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

I am bummed I missed out this time. Sound like fun riding.
You guys should consider coming to Fifth Fest (link in my sig). It sounds like it would be right up your alley ;)

Sent from my Razr MAXX.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #38
nefj40
Adventurer

I saw that, looks like a good time. The calender is marked, just have to wait and see what happens with work.

'05 Dakar
Old 05-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #39
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefj40 View Post
I saw that, looks like a good time. The calender is marked, just have to wait and see what happens with work.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #40
crashman44b OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The steaks alone almost make the trip look worth it! Maybe next year. We already have camping plans for that weekend.

Nefj40, our June ride is the 11th. Doug and I are meeting at the Pioneer Crossing Historical maker on the Ragan spur. TIme depends on you. If you can make it after work, great. If not, we are just going to lunch.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #41
nefj40
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman44b View Post
The steaks alone almost make the trip look worth it! Maybe next year. We already have camping plans for that weekend.

Nefj40, our June ride is the 11th. Doug and I are meeting at the Pioneer Crossing Historical maker on the Ragan spur. TIme depends on you. If you can make it after work, great. If not, we are just going to lunch.
I have Doug's bungie in the garage. I'm working the "Faces" rally that weekend. You can ride over that weekend, you'll have alot of fun, but your brain will hurt in the morning.

I worked everything out to drive out to Parks this weekend, even loaded the bike tonight. I found I got a couple of slipped cords on the rear tire, spent 3 hrs on the phone between Lincoln and N.P./ McCook and unless I wear ass-less chaps and a pirate outfit, I'm screwed. Budke asked what I needed when I called at 6:30, I said a DS tire size XXxXx, Budke says they've never heard of that make of motorcycle. Dual-sport is make?

'05 Dakar

nefj40 screwed with this post 06-01-2012 at 07:15 PM
Old 06-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #42
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,052
If it's an 18 x 130 or 140 I have some takeoffs with some life left. D606's you can have. But I'm in Bixby MO for an AMA National Dual Sport Ride this weekend. 80 miles of goat paths to ride Saturday!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #43
crashman44b OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Dual-sport is make?
I hate clowns. Call Kaufman. He'll get you lined up with a tire before the 11th. We were going to make you lead the ride this time in your neck of the woods. I was just talking to Doug about having a spare bike to avoid down time. Sounds like you may be in the market also? I can get a little pickup. Lets just load up and go buy a couple spare bikes in Colorado some weekend. I would like another DRZ or DR350
Old 06-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #44
nefj40
Adventurer

Thanks for that offer Randy, but I need a 17. I was hoping someone had one on hand so I could still enjoy my bike this weekend.

Tony, did you see that DR650 on craiglist? I think it's at Rep. City. I'll either call Kaufman, or stop by today on my way through.

I just noticed that I was looking at the wrong month, the 11th is a monday. I'll have to see, but it might be doable.

'05 Dakar

nefj40 screwed with this post 06-02-2012 at 07:35 AM
Old 06-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #45
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Quote:
Budke says they've never heard of that make of motorcycle. Dual-sport is make?
Sounds like the check in guys a the ABATE bike show. We tried to tell them we were in the "Adventure" category. Got some funny looks