User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #46
ADV67
Alsace rider

Oddometer: 110
France is awake

Any more french riders here? It's been pretty quit here in this post since a year. I am based nearby Strasbourg and ride various bikes but my main ride is a 950 super enduro.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:41 AM   #47
TimoTheFrench
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Hello ADV67, I'm French too. I live near Lille (Belgium border).
My bike is an KTM 990 ADV black 2007.

I love the US parts (black dog, baja design, pelicase, adv decal )

My first connection on the adv forum was in 2007 but my registration was too late.

Tim
Old 02-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #48
PHILinFRANCE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,119
Still here ADV67
Hope to catch up in the Balkans
Old 02-14-2014, 12:13 AM   #49
scb27
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Cool2 Greetings from the Midi-Pyrenees

Hello all,

I'm living in the south-west at the moment in a small village called Marciac (between Auch and Tarbes) so if anyone is ever down this way while out for a spin, let me know.

I now have some SMC wheels for my 690 Enduro so can do on and off piste

ATTL!
scb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:18 AM   #50
kejago
Kev. Haute Savoie, France

Oddometer: 1,175
Thumb

Still here near Annecy... still on the KTM 950 Super Enduro

K: Kejago - That's me!
T: Travel - Go on a journey, go on a voyage, go from one place to another
M: Machine - Man-made device made up of interconnected parts that work together to perform a given task or function
kejago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:00 PM   #51
scottyaustria
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Wicked lookin for advice....

Salut to everyone!

I'm looking for some help .....

We are planing to go to the pyrenees for 8 days. Since we live in Austria the way there is quite a strech (1200km oneway).
So we are thinking about getting there with the car an a trailet with two bikes on it.
Now we are looking for a place where we could park the car and the trailer while we discover the pyrenees. We were thinking about asking a hotel or a farmer but I really dont know where to start.
Specificly we're looking in the Perpignan aerea or somewhere around there.
Any ideas?

merci beaucoup!
RR to Montenegro
scottyaustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #52
MeinMotorrad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,261
I don't know why I never posted on here before

I've been in Monflanquin in the SW since the beginning of last October and leave on 1st or 2nd June. I found a nice looking route for a tour of the Pyrenees on a gps track website. So, I'll be heading off in that direction if the weathers good. And then on to Spain or somewhere.

I've been trying to find some hydraulic fluid for my clutch and wondered if people can point me in the right direction for a French brand and a likely source for the stuff. I'm not keen on the baby oil work around. I was going to try LHM but really I want to be sure what I put in.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:08 AM   #53
Wolf Tohsaka
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Thumb Help is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyaustria View Post
Salut to everyone!

I'm looking for some help .....

We are planing to go to the pyrenees for 8 days. Since we live in Austria the way there is quite a strech (1200km oneway).
So we are thinking about getting there with the car an a trailet with two bikes on it.
Now we are looking for a place where we could park the car and the trailer while we discover the pyrenees. We were thinking about asking a hotel or a farmer but I really dont know where to start.
Specificly we're looking in the Perpignan aerea or somewhere around there.
Any ideas?

merci beaucoup!
Scotty,

Hotel parking in france is about 10 € a night (which is hella expensive) and parking a trailer during a few days, you have hefty risks of theft.

If the trailer is less than 2m wide and 5 meters long, it should fit in my garage for a few days, and you can park your car in the street if for less than 7 days (for free). If needed, there might be some long-term parkings worth the try. SNCF (French Rail company) has a long-term parking for 65 Euros a month.

Austria to Pyrenées, you have some nice winding roads in between if you take thru italy, then you get on the mediterrean side. Boring national (either 2x2 or classic) and highway all the way up to Le Boulou.

Nice to Perpignan is about 4-5 Hours. The french highways are 130-restricted, you have petrol stations every 40Km.

Once on the mediterranean coast, weather should be fair from the end of april to mid-october.

Do not hesitate to PM me for more details,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinMotorrad View Post
I don't know why I never posted on here before

I've been in Monflanquin in the SW since the beginning of last October and leave on 1st or 2nd June. I found a nice looking route for a tour of the Pyrenees on a gps track website. So, I'll be heading off in that direction if the weathers good. And then on to Spain or somewhere.

I've been trying to find some hydraulic fluid for my clutch and wondered if people can point me in the right direction for a French brand and a likely source for the stuff. I'm not keen on the baby oil work around. I was going to try LHM but really I want to be sure what I put in.
Well, LHM is not clutch fluid, it is Citroën-Fluid (Liquide Hydraulique Minéral), Mineral brake fluid (dangerous!!! eats joints)

In all supermarkets (E. Leclerc, Auchan, Carrefour) you can find ditributor and often Motul/Total branded gearbox fluid, albeit only limited viscosity choices (80W90 or 75W90).

If you are searching for brake fluid (used in some hydraulic commands), you have Lockheed in all supermarkets also.

If you need a specific oil (Motorcycle engine+gearbox oil for example) you can go to any motorcycle garage.

Well-known shops are :

- Dafy Moto
- Maxxess

Which have part shop, part workshop, pinpoint whatever you need, if they don't have stock, they will order (usually takes 2 days)

the nearest dafy moto for you is unfortunately Agen, (1h drive), you really are in a lost part "Ravitaillé par les corbeaux" as they said ("Feeded by Ravens", as is, only thing around are fields)

You can also order everything and have it delivered at home,

Should you need infos or translations, feel free to ask,
Wolf Tohsaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:31 AM   #54
MeinMotorrad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Tohsaka View Post
Well, LHM is not clutch fluid, it is Citroën-Fluid (Liquide Hydraulique Minéral), Mineral brake fluid (dangerous!!! eats joints)

In all supermarkets (E. Leclerc, Auchan, Carrefour) you can find ditributor and often Motul/Total branded gearbox fluid, albeit only limited viscosity choices (80W90 or 75W90).

If you are searching for brake fluid (used in some hydraulic commands), you have Lockheed in all supermarkets also.

If you need a specific oil (Motorcycle engine+gearbox oil for example) you can go to any motorcycle garage.

Well-known shops are :

- Dafy Moto
- Maxxess

Which have part shop, part workshop, pinpoint whatever you need, if they don't have stock, they will order (usually takes 2 days)

the nearest dafy moto for you is unfortunately Agen, (1h drive), you really are in a lost part "Ravitaillé par les corbeaux" as they said ("Feeded by Ravens", as is, only thing around are fields)

You can also order everything and have it delivered at home,

Should you need infos or translations, feel free to ask,
Thanks for all the info. I've got to take the bike for a service at the KTM dealer in Agen next month. The KTM dealer didn't even have the recommended oil, but the shop next to the BMW and MV Augusta dealer was pretty well stocked with goodies.

My bike has a Magura hydraulic clutch that uses mineral oil. The recommended Motorex stuff is horribly expensive and almost impossible to find. My research has identified LHM as the best alternative with many riders having used it for years without problems. I bought a half litre for 4 or 5 euros or something (Motorex 75 is E10 for 100ml), and put it in when I installed a new clutch slave cylinder - very smooth and the LHM looked to be about the same viscosity VG of 18 at 40C (recommended is VG 15).
Old 04-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #55
Wolf Tohsaka
n00b

You're in Citroën-country, it would be a shame if LHM was expensive ! In your case should you need to find some more, supermarkets, Feu Vert, Norauto and Carter-cash shops should carry some :) (Carter-cash is usually cheaper)
Old 04-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #56
kristof-lars
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Living around puget-theniers in the south north of Nice just buying a bike was wondering if anyone knows of any good online stored for aftermarket parts for a dr650 stuff like a bigger tank and other farkles, I have a sister in Lorraine near the alsace border so I'm up that way a fair bit oh and preferably a site that doesn't kill you in shipping I maybe receiving a few packages my host is a motorcycle mechanic so we maybe be tearing the whole thing apart lol
kristof-lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:06 AM   #57
Wolf Tohsaka
n00b

Dear Kristof,

For brand new parts, You can try http://www.adventure-spec.com/ (lots of custom/adv parts) and http://www.louis.de/ (mainly stock parts and universal, but friendly prices).

If you are searching for second hand parts, http://leboncoin.fr might suit you (french craigslist). Lots of people are also selling bike parts on http://ebay.fr the key to find what you need is to use the proper word (in french) to describe it, a lot of times, you will also encounter poor descriptions like "Djebel for parts" but no details, should you need a translation, feel free to ask.

A place you can look onto if in the Nice area is the nice area motorcycle junkyard : http://www.casse-moto-nice.com/

There should be no more pick your part style junkyards in france for security purposes, you'll encounter a nice big shop of second hand parts,

PS : I dunno if you know about the DR 650 Djebel, but it already has a big tank maybe it will suit you,
Old 04-15-2014, 08:56 AM   #58
kristof-lars
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Tohsaka View Post
Dear Kristof,

For brand new parts, You can try http://www.adventure-spec.com/ (lots of custom/adv parts) and http://www.louis.de/ (mainly stock parts and universal, but friendly prices).

If you are searching for second hand parts, http://leboncoin.fr might suit you (french craigslist). Lots of people are also selling bike parts on http://ebay.fr the key to find what you need is to use the proper word (in french) to describe it, a lot of times, you will also encounter poor descriptions like "Djebel for parts" but no details, should you need a translation, feel free to ask.

A place you can look onto if in the Nice area is the nice area motorcycle junkyard : http://www.casse-moto-nice.com/

There should be no more pick your part style junkyards in france for security purposes, you'll encounter a nice big shop of second hand parts,

PS : I dunno if you know about the DR 650 Djebel, but it already has a big tank maybe it will suit you,
Awesome I will check them out I'm familiar with leboncoin but not the others and I'd be looking for a 96 and up dr think when they changed the style the down sized the tank that's ok there are a lot of aftermarket ones
Old 04-15-2014, 09:26 AM   #59
PHILinFRANCE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,119
Hi Kristof
My 97 is loaded to the gunnels but I, m in the UK for another 5 days so all my info is at home in France but I did get my 20ltr tank from the usa, I,, ll get you the info when I, m back
Phil
Old 04-15-2014, 11:37 AM   #60
kristof-lars
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILinFRANCE View Post
Hi Kristof
My 97 is loaded to the gunnels but I, m in the UK for another 5 days so all my info is at home in France but I did get my 20ltr tank from the usa, I,, ll get you the info when I, m back
Phil
Hey phil thanks yeah all is working out here so I'm pulling the trigger on a dr as soon as I get back to the south, then it's time to tinker on it a bit my host is moto mechanic and has all the tools and space needed for me to work away on one, a tank is a must some other things I'm sure too but I good place to go to for aftermarket parts would be nice.