Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #46
Renner
combustophile

Oddometer: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymindsok View Post
... please note that, since our removal from OC I almost never visit the other sections.
+1

'course if enough inmates wandered up to the Old School Flea Market and complained about the excessive Airhead content... we may have our sticky imposed.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #47
Beater
Blinded by Science

Oddometer: 2,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renner View Post
+1

'course if enough inmates wandered up to the Old School Flea Market and complained about the excessive Airhead content... we may have our sticky imposed.
Too True.
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #48
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,188
So... are we violating something by posting links to the Old School flea market in this thread? It would practically get us what we're looking for.
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #49
SOLO LOBO
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,518
It makes more sense to have an Airhead flea market than the existing regional forum markets.

The majority of people who would look at an airhead flea market would be owners who are looking to buy, not true in the local fleas... I think a dedicated group of buyers makes a much stronger argument than a proximity one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:10 AM   #50
ontic

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymindsok View Post
Also please note that, since our removal fron OC I almost never visite the other sections.
+2

An airhead flea market just makes sense now, and I was against the split in the first place.
I also support the proposal of letting the airhead vendors in.
I've also deleted most of this post before posting it because I don't want to be argumentative
ontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #51
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,284
An airhead flea market makes a LOT of sense. If we do it, it should be like the one in orange crush, where you nuke your post when it sells. That way everything in the thread is still for sale and you don't have to wade through a million listings trying to figure out what's still for sale and what isn't.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #52
pit0rz
Off on a bimble...

Oddometer: 701
If the mod wont sticky one for us then just start the thread and subscribe to it! Put a link to it in your sig so others see it.

I'd like to see one stickied but if the mod wont do it, we can sorta do it ourselves.

take the long way home
pit0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #53
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

I'm not sure kbasa would respond well to a flea market mutiny. I think relentless bitching and moaning are probably the best approach.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #54
blaine.hale
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,857
Lemme sell my god damn tractor parts in the tractor forum!
1969 Bultaco Bandido MK2
2013 Husqvarna Terra TR650
blaine.hale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #55
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 65,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirespokes View Post
kbasa - what's the reasoning for rejecting an airheads flea mkt sticky? It can't be more bandwidth. Are stickys trouble in some way? Are they an added expense?

It doesn't seem logical, so could you help us understand?
It's mostly moderation load and, in my opinion, further stratification of the forums. From a marketing standpoint (which is kind of what I do for a living), you want to get your parts in front of the largest number of potential buyers. There's more traffic at the higher level forum than there is down here, so you may likely not have as high a potential of actually selling your parts.

I think we've also got a Flea Market sticky for Old's Cool, we've got a fully functioning flea market with subs for gear, bikes and other stuff, as well. I think we've got plenty of options to sell stuff to each other here and am concerned that splitting things too finely will be counterproductive.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #56
Beater
Blinded by Science

Oddometer: 2,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
It's mostly moderation load and, in my opinion, further stratification of the forums.
The current stratification was forced upon us ... and to be honest with you ... I kind of like it (yes, I was opposed initially).

Quote:
From a marketing standpoint (which is kind of what I do for a living), you want to get your parts in front of the largest number of potential buyers. There's more traffic at the higher level forum than there is down here, so you may likely not have as high a potential of actually selling your parts..
A guy (or gal) with 4 Triumphs couldn't care less if you have a SMW seat to sell ... which is the problem in Old's Cool. Putting the sticky in the Airheads forum would probably INCREASE the market that sees it ... by decreasing the noise, and making a specific place for people to go and shop ... and for people to sell. Just my opinion of course ...
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #57
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Quote:
It's mostly moderation load and, in my opinion, further stratification of the forums. From a marketing standpoint (which is kind of what I do for a living), you want to get your parts in front of the largest number of potential buyers. There's more traffic at the higher level forum than there is down here, so you may likely not have as high a potential of actually selling your parts.
I'd disagree with that. I think airheads probably has at least double the traffic (at least as far as number of posts is concerned) that old's cool has. More to the point though, airheads has infinitely more airhead traffic and thereby people looking for airhead parts. That's the exposure they need. Volume of views doesn't matter if it's not directed at the right audience.

If it's moderation load that worries you, maybe appoint a separate airheads mod. I'm sure you could find someone willing to do it.

Airhead Wrangler screwed with this post 05-03-2012 at 10:03 AM
Old 05-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #58
Houseoffubar OP
fine beer sampler

Oddometer: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
I'd disagree with that. I think airheads probably has at least double the traffic (at least as far as number of posts is concerned) that old's cool has. More to the point though, airheads has infinitely more airhead traffic and thereby people looking for airhead parts. That's the exposure they need. Volume of views doesn't matter if it's not directed at the right audience.

If it's moderation load that worries you, maybe appoint a separate airheads mod. I'm sure you could find someone willing to do it.
My Thoughts exactly, though more eloquently written!

Houseoffubar screwed with this post 05-03-2012 at 09:48 PM
Houseoffubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #59
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
...it should be like the one in orange crush, where you nuke your post when it sells. That way everything in the thread is still for sale and you don't have to wade through a million listings trying to figure out what's still for sale and what isn't.
Wholeheartedly agree with this - whatever "marketplace" it may apply to.
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #60
Mane
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
After reading all the arguments in favor and against a "Airhead Flea market", I'm ready to cast my vote...
+1 Please let us have our sticky for a flea market!
'03 BMW R1150GS Adventure (Death because of hopistalary infection R.I.P.)
"Never wrestle with a pig. You both get all dirty, and the pig likes it".
Mane is offline   Reply With Quote