Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #2716
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
I may respectfully disagree. KTM would never approve of this because it basically stamps all riders as hooligans, think about it for a second. Totally puts me off because even such idiots get basic healthcare, most likely public healthcare when they get in an accident, just saying.

Errr... Them boyz in Mattighofen publish hooligan guides, when appropriate:

snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #2717
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,681
Quote:
I may respectfully disagree. KTM would never approve of this because it basically stamps all riders as hooligans, think about it for a second. Totally puts me off because even such idiots get basic healthcare, most likely public healthcare when they get in an accident, just saying.
Well, not that a respectful disagreement after all, eh?

Fortunately not everybody is thinking along these lines, otherwise the time where people who ride bikes will be considered collectively as 'idiots' (and banned from healthcare) by the people who make laws and drive cars, will be here soon.

Go on, its fun. What about the global economy?
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #2718
Tiggersteve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
May I respectfully disagree also :-D
Have you seen their own Ad for the forthcoming 1290 duke if that doesn't promote hooliganism ;-)

Sent from my Sony Ericsson arc s using Tapatalk 2
Tiggersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #2719
DavidD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Am I on a KTM thread here?!? Or have some wierdy beardy BMW riders ventured from their Latte's and Starbucks to troll?!?

KTM's motto is "Ready to Race", their latest offering for this year (which is an official KTM video) is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h1e9oulMd8 Though I have heard it won't be sold in Canada because they view it as too dangerous

What with that and their 12 in a row Dakar victories, I think KTM want to bring out the inner hooligan in every rider. This is a Company that had to stop their annual track bike race between their R&D and Marketing Departments because so many ended up in hospital and was affecting their work!!

You'll be suggesting next that we should all wear flourescent jackets and helmets and have a man walking in front of us with two red flags........................Jeeze, its a motorbike!!

Sure, he was a bit spirited and pushed it more than a few would, but that's down to him, the road conditions etc. You can't tell everything from a narrow angle lens, so just get over it and move on.

Anyway, rant over, let's steer clear of a safety and healthcare debate and get back to the subject in hand - the new 1190, what its like to ride, when are we getting it and will KTM ever build a lightweight adventure bike........................No, scratch that last one, let's not open that debate again
Ducati 998S
DavidD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #2720
Tiggersteve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Its all about the image and perception,
Look at the Charlie Ewan round the world thing, all about image. Very few will see mire than a grassy campsite :-)

Sent from my Sony Ericsson arc s using Tapatalk 2
Tiggersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #2721
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
You guys live in your own world.
I simply don't agree putting other peoples well being at risk.
Just fine doing that kind of stuff on closed roads but on public roads? It's plain stupid and I call it what it is, totally not connected to the kind of bike someone is riding, I know it happens all the time, I just don't feel bad for those guys when getting in an accident.

tallguy-09 screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 02:31 PM
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #2722
Georgios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
... Totally puts me off because even such idiots get basic healthcare, most likely public healthcare when they get in an accident, just saying.
That was also my thought. But I could live with it, because e.g. smokers get healthcare, too, but shouldn´t. But I would be pissed if he would harm others.

You may be a very good driver, but you can´t foresee all things. Sometimes, it will be too late.
Georgios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #2723
DavidD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
You guys live in your own world.
I simply don't agree putting your own and other peoples well being at risk.
Just fine doing that kind of stuff on closed roads but on public roads? It's plain stupid and I call it what it is, totally not connected to the kind of bike someone is riding, I know it happens all the time, I just don't feel bad for those guys when getting in an accident.
I live in the real world, thanks..............where we are free to choose what we ride, where we ride and how we ride. I race as well, but I know when to race and know when to go steady.

There is nothing to see here......................so move on.
Ducati 998S
DavidD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #2724
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgios View Post
That was also my thought. But I could live with it, because e.g. smokers get healthcare, too, but shouldn´t. But I would be pissed if he would harm others.

You may be a very good driver, but you can´t foresee all things. Sometimes, it will be too late.
Agree and I've taken a lot of risk when I was younger, nowadays with family...that additional risk is too much (for me).
We're getting off-topic...what that video shows is an amazing motorcycle, amazing engine performance it seems so I'm tempted for sure. "Superbike-Enduro"
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #2725
GVWR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I think it might be an idea for all the unhappy faces to make a test ride on the 1190 (R) for your own judgement and than I'm sure we'll be hearing more happy stories here about the bike.

Bike is excellent, riding on the highway at close to legal speeds is very relaxing and comfortable. Wind protection of the small R screen at higher speeds is amazinly good. Just rode it for 2 hrs, first time in the dark, light pattern on the road is very good due to the high position of the light.

And of course I love my gerbing gear without which I woulnd't be out on the road at conditions here in Holland (light snow and freezing).

Spring is in the air guys, can't be long now until the ice warming will disappear from my display :-)
Old 03-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #2726
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,212
Quote:
We're getting off-topic...
Yep.
Someone with a 1190 post a pic soon please!

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #2727
igorpetrovich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goti View Post
Yep.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #2728
GVWR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
It's too dark here for pictures :-) I'll try to post pictures of my new 25L touratech topcase tomorrow.

Here's a link to an austrian site that are preparing a test between the new GS and the R. They've posted a short movie with the sound of both bikes. I must say that the sound of the Akra is nicer than the standard exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=J23mJmAE2DM
Old 03-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #2729
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goti View Post
Yep.

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #2730
Georgios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidD View Post
...where we are free to choose ... how we ride.
On the race track, yes, but not as long others are involved on open roads. Some people will never understand.

There is nothing to see here......................so move on.
What we are free in, is to visit the page we choose, so take it easy.

By the way, the R-model is awesome. I hope I can test-ride one in the near future.
Georgios is offline   Reply With Quote