Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #3091
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay View Post
I am (impatiently) waiting for my luggage, gps holder and other accessories from the kTm powerparts catalogue to arrive at my dealer, in Dublin, Ireland.

Is there a shortage, europe wide, of these accessories?
Same issue here mate.. Waiting for the gps holder, brake and clutch levers, windshield high and tank protective film (hopefully helps to avoid scratches with the tank bag I have "enduristan one).
Also I'm waiting for the mounting rack from Hepco & Becker for the Globescout panniers. and the Touraltech skid plate and back luggage rack !
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 AM   #3092
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

tyres again!

Pirelly scorpion rally looks quite good and apparently have a good review on the 990 owners.
I' planning a 3 day light off road trip as soon I have at least the engine guard, but hopefully sometime this year a bigger trip on and off road.. Probably Melbourne.
Any tyre suggestions?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #3093
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,353
Well today was a bit of a sad day for me when I was reminded that I run a bike shop and we buy, and perhaps most importantly, sell bikes for a living.

My 1190R is just on a month old and in that time we have covered over 2,000 miles together. Bits and pieces have been added, and it was just getting towards being an ideal long distance adventure touring bike.

This afternoon a customer comes in wanting an 1190R - I checked with KTM and there are no more available from KTM until the end of the year..................he then made me an offer I couldn't refuse on mine and will pick it up on Friday

Never mind I thought, I can always fall back on my old faithful 990 Adventure that has been in the showroom for sale. But then an hour or so later the guy that test rode it a week or two back, said he wanted it, but then did not answer phone calls or come back with the deposit he promised to drop off, walked in, paid cash and rode it away

So now I am a little stuck - got a 125 scoot for running about on but need to track something else down before setting off on a trip away at the end of the month

We have got a standard 1190 in silver in the showroom

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #3094
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
Well today was a bit of a sad day for me when I was reminded that I run a bike shop and we buy, and perhaps most importantly, sell bikes for a living.

My 1190R is just on a month old and in that time we have covered over 2,000 miles together. Bits and pieces have been added, and it was just getting towards being an ideal long distance adventure touring bike.

This afternoon a customer comes in wanting an 1190R - I checked with KTM and there are no more available from KTM until the end of the year..................he then made me an offer I couldn't refuse on mine and will pick it up on Friday

Never mind I thought, I can always fall back on my old faithful 990 Adventure that has been in the showroom for sale. But then an hour or so later the guy that test rode it a week or two back, said he wanted it, but then did not answer phone calls or come back with the deposit he promised to drop off, walked in, paid cash and rode it away

So now I am a little stuck - got a 125 scoot for running about on but need to track something else down before setting off on a trip away at the end of the month

We have got a standard 1190 in silver in the showroom
Don't worry!. At least you have the opportunity to "test" the beast!. More sooner than later you will be riding a shiny 2014 one!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #3095
Redxjs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by umitc View Post
I am waiting things too. GPS holder they had 15 may delivery, last week. :-(((
Ive got my GPS bracket but still waiting for my top box, seats, auxiliary lamps, brake lever and clutch lever. Since early March. Disappointed.
Redxjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #3096
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoktm View Post
Pirelly scorpion rally looks quite good and apparently have a good review on the 990 owners.
I' planning a 3 day light off road trip as soon I have at least the engine guard, but hopefully sometime this year a bigger trip on and off road.. Probably Melbourne.
Any tyre suggestions?
Didn't like the scorpion on my 1200 Multistrada, worn our in 4,000 klms, I rate it as average road tire and not the best on gravel ! Others may have differeing ideas and ride different to me , I'm old and slow.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #3097
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
[IMG][/IMG]

This is what always happens.
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #3098
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
snip

This afternoon a customer comes in wanting an 1190R - I checked with KTM and there are no more available from KTM until the end of the year..................

/snip
can this really be true? no more "R" in 2013?
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:23 AM   #3099
igorpetrovich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Quote:

It tend do do the same to me too, by keeping the cain very lubrificated it dosn't happen.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #3100
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Does the chain scratch the swingarm somewhere?
Nomada panniers, Holan crashbars, Remus silencers etc. Worldwide shipping. Better deals for ADVriders
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:08 AM   #3101
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorpetrovich View Post
It tend do do the same to me too, by keeping the cain very lubrificated it dosn't happen.
Mine returns to this scene after a short time of lubrication.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #3102
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyxl View Post
Does the chain scratch the swingarm somewhere?
I couldn't see any interruption Oleksii, but obviously there is.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #3103
mobileman
West Lothian

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
I couldn't see any interruption Oleksii, but obviously there is.
Isn't this just the big chain guide on top of the swingarm?? It does it on my 1190R, but it looks like its juts the chain getting "wiped" clean in that guide

The guide is really deep and looks quite solid, i cant see any stepping in the side-plate of the chain so it doesn't look like wear.

I have had a good crawl along the whole chain run and cant see anything else that would/could cause it, i can happily live with a plastic chain guide polishing my chain, dont think there is anything to worry about
mobileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #3104
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
Isn't this just the big chain guide on top of the swingarm?? It does it on my 1190R, but it looks like its juts the chain getting "wiped" clean in that guide

The guide is really deep and looks quite solid, i cant see any stepping in the side-plate of the chain so it doesn't look like wear.

I have had a good crawl along the whole chain run and cant see anything else that would/could cause it, i can happily live with a plastic chain guide polishing my chain, dont think there is anything to worry about
Oki doki then :-)))
Old 05-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #3105
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
can this really be true? no more "R" in 2013?
My dealer said sold out until September :)
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote