Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #3406
cladv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorpetrovich View Post
in Italy we are finnaly getting some warm weater and I started to feel the problem of the heat, on the left leg only.
I put a small plastic barrier and the situation inproved a lot.

I feel at the right leg (in heavy traffic on city)...
Old 06-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #3407
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoktm View Post
I"m looking for the fog lamps from Power parts. Here in Australia they cost almost $800.00. Do Any of you guys know if those ones are different than the Touratech ones? And if so, which ones are better?
Touratech ones are hella micro de as far as I know. Looking at the photos; I can say that the powerparts lampscare the same as bmw offers and they are LED. I am planning to purchase from sw-motech Hawks LED version.
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #3408
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cladv View Post
I feel at the right leg (in heavy traffic on city)...
Hehehehehhehe one by one people start to feel the heat. :-))) howcome KTM engineers haven't felt. First left, because I guess the radiator pipe heat goes there. For me, right side after a longer time. But the seat eventually becomes warm; this is problem.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #3409
Tails_KTM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Yes UMITC, we don't get so much summer heat in Holland. But now the weather is really nice and I have been riding in the city and with normal pants on ... the left side of the bike is really getting hot!
Not so much of an issue for me as it's often not so hot here and I wear leathers or a Goretex suit as often as I can.

On a more general note, I rode with a passenger yesterday. My wife always rides her own bike but I wanted to see how the 1190 does two-up.
I figured our feet would touch, as the passenger footrests seem very close to the rider's. But we did not have that problem.

The passenger grips that are part of the standard luggage rack do vibrate a lot. Just try it by riding solo and grabbing backwards to the handgrip. Wow.

Also, the EDS is very slow. I can only set the EDS suspension to two people when stopped, not riding - the menu is not there. The solo rider icon in the speedo will blink until you see the two-rider icon. This takes quite long, about two minutes I think.
Since the 1190 is just fine for short rides with a passenger in the solo setting I'll not mess with that again. I love electronics but not if they're that cumbersome.
Tails_KTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #3410
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails_KTM View Post
Yes UMITC, we don't get so much summer heat in Holland. But now the weather is really nice and I have been riding in the city and with normal pants on ... the left side of the bike is really getting hot!
Not so much of an issue for me as it's often not so hot here and I wear leathers or a Goretex suit as often as I can.

On a more general note, I rode with a passenger yesterday. My wife always rides her own bike but I wanted to see how the 1190 does two-up.
I figured our feet would touch, as the passenger footrests seem very close to the rider's. But we did not have that problem.

The passenger grips that are part of the standard luggage rack do vibrate a lot. Just try it by riding solo and grabbing backwards to the handgrip. Wow.

Also, the EDS is very slow. I can only set the EDS suspension to two people when stopped, not riding - the menu is not there. The solo rider icon in the speedo will blink until you see the two-rider icon. This takes quite long, about two minutes I think.
Since the 1190 is just fine for short rides with a passenger in the solo setting I'll not mess with that again. I love electronics but not if they're that cumbersome.
As much as I know and remember from owners manual you have to start the engine and NOT ride to change settings in EDS (solo, solo and baggage, two up, two up and baggage)
If you will be riding - changing the preload is not available and even doesn't show on display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nomada panniers, Holan crashbars, Remus silencers etc. Worldwide shipping. Better deals for ADVriders
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:08 AM   #3411
dultanur
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Were you both sitting on the bike while cahnging preload settings? This may be the reason for the sluggishness.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #3412
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Well all bikes got little problems my ktm 1190 adventure isn't perfect.but she is a very good bike.
-the suspension change seems to take ages :) but it does work.
-petrol tank is a problem for me to put petrol you need to be very careful .
-The side stand is the worst side stand I ever have on a motorbike.but I order big foot. Extension.
-my bike seems to burn a lot petrol. Fr the time being its a very new engine . 29.8 mpg two up city riding. My 2012 zzr1400 used to spend 34mpg in city.
-there is heat, but hopefully we can sort that out as wel :)
-abs is great but I rather they didn't do linked brakes.

I still got comments on the street about my bike which is great. Every one looks at it . And who ever hears the v twin they just look at it .
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #3413
Viajaendl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by umitc View Post
Hehehehehhehe one by one people start to feel the heat. :-))) howcome KTM engineers haven't felt. First left, because I guess the radiator pipe heat goes there. For me, right side after a longer time. But the seat eventually becomes warm; this is problem.
Maybe an adapter could be done for this http://www.advmachines.com/product_p/rallyfan-1001.htm
Viajaendl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #3414
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,402
Quote:
I"m looking for the fog lamps from Power parts. Here in Australia they cost almost $800.00. Do Any of you guys know if those ones are different than the Touratech ones? And if so, which ones are better?

I don't know if you can get them in OZ but the PIAA 530 LED lights - in both spot and fog - are very good lights. IIRC, mine draw 10 watts total for two lights.

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #3415
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
they are far too expensive for a set of lights god sake are they gold !
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #3416
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
Quote:
Based on experience with the 990 the powerparts lights were on my shopping list when I ordered the bike. But they were not available when the bike was delivered so I had to use it with 'just' the standard lights.

The standard light is way better than on the 990 - so the powerparts light order was cancelled ................I would suggest that you try living with the bike for a while first - perhaps you will find the standard lights are ok ?

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #3417
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
Well all bikes got little problems my ktm 1190 adventure isn't perfect.but she is a very good bike.
-the suspension change seems to take ages :) but it does work.
-petrol tank is a problem for me to put petrol you need to be very careful .
-The side stand is the worst side stand I ever have on a motorbike.but I order big foot. Extension.
-my bike seems to burn a lot petrol. Fr the time being its a very new engine . 29.8 mpg two up city riding. My 2012 zzr1400 used to spend 34mpg in city.
-there is heat, but hopefully we can sort that out as wel :)
-abs is great but I rather they didn't do linked brakes.

I still got comments on the street about my bike which is great. Every one looks at it . And who ever hears the v twin they just look at it .
+1 for most of it; however last week I have used 1190 2 up + luggage suspension setting, never taken 2 minutes to raise. Indeed it was faster than my good old GSA.. On the other hand, stopping for red light, I felt that it's trying to level up with tiny movments; found it odd.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #3418
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes a lot
Old 06-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #3419
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails_KTM View Post

Heheje 35 40 C days coming; riding with leather is impossible. Need to find a solution
Old 06-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #3420
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,402
Quote:

The PIAA 530 LED lights are $237.99 for a complete set (plus $7.00 shipping) in the US and Canada.

http://piaalights.com/details.php?pr...S%20LAMP%20KIT

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote