Old 06-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #3466
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyxl View Post
oh great!
I will order it for my 1190
Ktm is silly to not list it and make some money because everyone need it regardless even in city the bike digs the Tarmac and wants to lie down
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #3467
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Tigers View Post
Umtic, do you think you get more bottom end power / torque with the Akro on? And have you found any fix for the heat yet?
I find it better with Akra; the first acceleration got better. There is not much change in sound and the heat; as per consumption, not yet a reliable figure, but in the weekend, I am planning to ride it more or less a 1000 km. I can be more precise.

About the heat, it gets worse everyday as the summer speeds up around here. Today in the morning, I stopped by a long time red light; I seriously thought of stopping and leaving it on the sidestand for that wait. Sometimes, I sit on the rear part of the seat, it's simply cold. Maybe I am too heavy and compress the seat a lot.

By the way, sidestand is really terrible. Although I have an enlarger from Motech, I scare to park it, at even a very small side angles.
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #3468
AdvIvan
Rock on!

Oddometer: 75
Jerky

My 1190Adv is a bit jerky at revs ranging 1500-3000; lots of "humps and bumps" from the engine at about 2000 rpm. How are yours? Not even the dealer knows if this is normal or not. Grrr. Otherwise the bike is awe--some!!
AdvIvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #3469
CBR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Thank you so much Sir.. :) appreciate the effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyxl View Post
This measurements are made on 1190 Adventure (non R model):
While on center stand with the standard windshield in the lowest position the height is around 150 cm, when off the center stand the height drops by 3-5 cm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #3470
Audun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvIvan View Post
My 1190Adv is a bit jerky at revs ranging 1500-3000; lots of "humps and bumps" from the engine at about 2000 rpm. How are yours? Not even the dealer knows if this is normal or not. Grrr. Otherwise the bike is awe--some!!
My bike is the same, and so was the test bike I rode if I understand your description correctly. Apparently this is the best you can get from a large hi powered twin, since everybody else is raving about perfect fueling...
Maybe it will become better after run in. Both bikes I have tested are less than 1500 km worn.

Audun
Audun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #3471
okeanis1234
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
I have the bike for about a month now.i have an one and only issue:when the "low fuel" message is on,the automatic light doesn't turn on even though it is night!!!!when i refill the tank the light is "on" again!has anybody the same problem....?
okeanis1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #3472
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeanis1234 View Post
I have the bike for about a month now.i have an one and only issue:when the "low fuel" message is on,the automatic light doesn't turn on even though it is night!!!!when i refill the tank the light is "on" again!has anybody the same problem....?
That seems like a recall coming.! I didn't notice anything like that but again didn't ride at night yet.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #3473
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by umitc View Post

About the heat, it gets worse everyday as the summer speeds up around here. Today in the morning, I stopped by a long time red light; I seriously thought of stopping and leaving it on the sidestand for that wait. Sometimes, I sit on the rear part of the seat, it's simply cold. Maybe I am too heavy and compress the seat .
This heat issue is a problem really , last week London was 25 degrees for the first time and I really felt it in traffic . Ducati diavel used to have this but ktm engine do create a lot heat some how :)

Did you put some shield for heat protection Umit?
Old 06-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #3474
mcmann
Motorcycle Maniac

Oddometer: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorpetrovich View Post
in Italy we are finnaly getting some warm weater and I started to feel the problem of the heat, on the left leg only.
I put a small plastic barrier and the situation inproved a lot.

Try this idea . . . Get a carbon fiber shield.

2011 DL650 V-Strom "Real World"
2014 FZ-09 for the "WOW World"
mcmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #3475
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmann View Post
Try this idea . . . Get a carbon fiber shield.
Wondering how hot the rear shock would become with the exhaust header running parallel to it. Can't be a good solution having heat transfer to the damping system?
Old 06-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #3476
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audun View Post
My bike is the same, and so was the test bike I rode if I understand your description correctly. Apparently this is the best you can get from a large hi powered twin, since everybody else is raving about perfect fueling...
Maybe it will become better after run in. Both bikes I have tested are less than 1500 km worn.

Audun
I found it to be a little bit better after Akra; maybe psychologically. However, if you ask me, Akra doesn't worth the price except giving a better look than the OE muffler.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #3477
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeanis1234 View Post
Oops, this is a real problem man; I wonder how it's on mine, will try to check tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #3478
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
This heat issue is a problem really , last week London was 25 degrees for the first time and I really felt it in traffic . Ducati diavel used to have this but ktm engine do create a lot heat some how :)

Did you put some shield for heat protection Umit?
I have tried many things, first I thought that the reason for the seat becomes hot is the manifold; wrapped it up using DEI copper wraps, notuch improvement. The seat gets very very hot. Than I have covered the bottom of the seat with an aluminum foil, fibre shield again from DEI; I have noticed that the seat become very hot that on the bottom shield I could cook eggs benedict without a problem. Hehehheheehrh. Now I have stuck a rubber sticker from KTM, they are called exhaust shields; can't say that I am happy. I not happy with the heat, I could get on better even with the headlights, not turning on at night because my tank is empty or the bike consumes 10 lt/100 km; but man, this is wild, gets real hot.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #3479
AdvIvan
Rock on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audun View Post

Audun
Thanks for your info Audun! I've been riding mine for about 2500 km now, and It's not getting better.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #3480
AdvIvan
Rock on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
Looks like the KTM one - part no 60103923050

KTM don't list it as fitting the 1190 - but it does ............fitted it to my 1190R
Just plain awesome! Thanks! Paid and waiting for delivery!