Eject! Eject!

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by dab68 View Post
Thanks.
Some other pics

Once again...it looks fantastic!
Thanks for the new pics.
Now I'm just wondering what it might cost me to have something similar done to an 1190 here in the States...hmmmm
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #3857
DavidD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6USMC6 View Post
If there is no solution to the handle bar vibration, then that is a deal killer for me. Due to an accident, I've had to have my right wrist fused. The frequency of the vibration on my 950 treated the steel bar in my wrist like a tuning fork and after 60 miles, I was very uncomfortable. I ended up selling the 950 at a considerable loss and replacing it with an 05 BMW that causes absolutely no problem but I was really looking forward to getting back on a KTM.
I genuinely hope it won't be, as you would be missing out on a great bike. Not that the 950/990 isn't a great bike, it is. It's just that the 1190 moves things on in every department.

I would suggest you wait until you get to ride a demonstrator on a decent test ride, the dealers offer that here and hopefully they will Stateside too. Riding at normal speeds up to 90 Mph there is no problem at all, its only if you go over that speed for a prolonged period (say 15 minutes or longer) that you start to feel it.

if it becomes a problem I am sure there will be a work around solution - OC and KTM have fixed far worse

The bike has too many positives to let this become an issue, but I very much appreciate you have had an injury so the new 1190 will need careful consideration...........and a long and very fast test ride
Ducati 998S
DavidD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #3858
dab68
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Once again...it looks fantastic!
Thanks for the new pics.
Now I'm just wondering what it might cost me to have something similar done to an 1190 here in the States...hmmmm
I spent 500 - 650$

Inviato da mio iPhone usando Tapatalk
dab68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #3859
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidD View Post
I genuinely hope it won't be, as you would be missing out on a great bike. Not that the 950/990 isn't a great bike, it is. It's just that the 1190 moves things on in every department.

I would suggest you wait until you get to ride a demonstrator on a decent test ride, the dealers offer that here and hopefully they will Stateside too. Riding at normal speeds up to 90 Mph there is no problem at all, its only if you go over that speed for a prolonged period (say 15 minutes or longer) that you start to feel it.

if it becomes a problem I am sure there will be a work around solution - OC and KTM have fixed far worse

The bike has too many positives to let this become an issue, but I very much appreciate you have had an injury so the new 1190 will need careful consideration...........and a long and very fast test ride
Getting a test ride should be easy. Going over 90 can be problematic. In Virginia, 90 or better is one day in jail for every mile per hour over 90. I know a place in West VA though....................

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #3860
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6USMC6 View Post
If there is no solution to the handle bar vibration, then that is a deal killer for me. Due to an accident, I've had to have my right wrist fused. The frequency of the vibration on my 950 treated the steel bar in my wrist like a tuning fork and after 60 miles, I was very uncomfortable. I ended up selling the 950 at a considerable loss and replacing it with an 05 BMW that causes absolutely no problem but I was really looking forward to getting back on a KTM.
then you should use these on any bike you own
http://www.vibranator.com/default.asp
they really do work!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447393
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com

eakins screwed with this post 08-05-2013 at 04:19 PM
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #3861
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
then you should use these on any bike you own
http://www.vibranator.com/default.asp
they really do work!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447393
Thanks!

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #3862
shay
reading is hard

Oddometer: 257
The high, touring, screen arrived this morning:

Just had a short spin and it's definitely worth the money. If Givi make an airflow for the kTm, I would try that but this will do fine for the moment.

shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #3863
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Rumbux crash bars

A few pages ago, someone post a link with the RUMBUX crash bars (http://rumbux.co.za/products%20continue.html). Looks very nice!
I'm already contact them. Posted here to Brisbane will cost $930.
They also mentioned the price (not sure if the retail price or shipping) will reduce if I order 3 or more...
Anyone in OZ interested on this ones?
Let me know. I'm planning to order one soon...
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #3864
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay View Post
The high, touring, screen arrived this morning:

Just had a short spin and it's definitely worth the money. If Givi make an airflow for the kTm, I would try that but this will do fine for the moment.
I would buy it if it helps in motorway . Would you mind writing a quick review about the screen and how it is in motorway.
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:34 AM   #3865
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Just bought a goat skin :-)))) tomorrow will ride to south; at least 40 c. Can't resist all week
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #3866
Milli13
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Cool2 1190 hot leg

I have read alot on this thread about the 1190 and the "heat coming out the sides of the seat, can I offer you a alternative solution?

For 25 years I have always wore black or at least dark motorcycle clothing, and I have always suffered in the mid summer sun, and during the last 5 years I had an R1 that really did give off heat under the right leg. So last year as part of taking a ride across Peru and specifically down the Ica dessert I decided to buy some light coloured adventure riding gear. It is brilliant, it reflexs heat instead of absorbing it, so it doesn't matter if the heat is comming from the mid day sun, or from the bike when sitting in city trafiic, you dont feel the heat. I now have the 1190, and just did a trip from Germany to the Orkneys during the few days it got to 40'C, and I didn't experence any issues with heat from the bike

Yes, there is the sheer embassment of wearing pale colours, and I have heard all the jokes, "Elvis has left the biulding", but for summer riding, I can reccomend it,

Once I work out how to add a photo, I will

http://www.louis.de/_200a9a75ef766c3...rtnr_gr=208847
Milli13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #3867
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by umitc View Post
Just bought a goat skin :-)))) tomorrow will ride to south; at least 40 c. Can't resist all week
Hey Umitc! Post the photo fit on the seat please!
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:04 AM   #3868
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
I still haven't figured out how to fit :-))) it's a thick fur :-)))) very soft indeed can make my seat softer. :-))) I will look like a medieval hunter, but a cheap compromise to save my future. Hehehhehehehehheehheh
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #3869
shay
reading is hard

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
I would buy it if it helps in motorway . Would you mind writing a quick review about the screen and how it is in motorway.
With the standard screen in it's highest position, the airflow was directed just under my helmet. It was unbearably loud without earplugs. I used a Touratech screen extender to lift the airflow over the helmet

The touring screen, on it's highest setting, directs airflow just over my helmet. I'm 5'11", there's no buffeting and I can move my head to direct airflow onto the visor to move water away, if it's raining. It's a lot, lot quieter and isn't too expensive.. very easy to fit, use the tools in the kTm tool kit, remove 4 screws and fit new screen.

I haven't tried the touratech extender on the new screen, I don't think I will need it.

hth,

shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #3870
harryzgnilek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay View Post
With the standard screen in it's highest position, the airflow was directed just under my helmet. It was unbearably loud without earplugs. I used a Touratech screen extender to lift the airflow over the helmet

The touring screen, on it's highest setting, directs airflow just over my helmet. I'm 5'11", there's no buffeting and I can move my head to direct airflow onto the visor to move water away, if it's raining. It's a lot, lot quieter and isn't too expensive.. very easy to fit, use the tools in the kTm tool kit, remove 4 screws and fit new screen.

I haven't tried the touratech extender on the new screen, I don't think I will need it.

hth,
thanks for the info this screen is the KTM option screen?
thanks
harryzgnilek is offline   Reply With Quote