Old 08-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #3871
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
but the tank is only 23ltrs?

I agree, the computer calculates the l/100km quite accurately

My mom always told me: "son, stop sleeping on the algebra classes. someday you'll gonna need it!"
Nomada panniers, Holan crashbars, Remus silencers etc. Worldwide shipping. Better deals for ADVriders
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #3872
rompe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Some treatment against heat.

On one hand, exhaust wraps

On the other hand, KTM dealers are installing a heat shield under the front seat.

Well, you still feel the heat, but believe me, the combination of both solutions make a HUGE improvement.

Tested in a really hot day . . .

Regards.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #3873
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
I have both of them, but not much improvement; so today I have decided to try an old version way to avoid heat. :-))))) very ugly, looks like medieval, but I will give it a chance tomoroow morning.
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps2a28f7c6.jpg
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #3874
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
I have read in the past a story about Ferrari paying the customer and getting back the car, because the owner has installed an LPG system on the vehicle. :-)))) Maybe KTM does the same to me. :-)))))
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #3875
shay
reading is hard

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzgnilek View Post
thanks for the info this screen is the KTM option screen?
thanks
yep, it's the optional touring screen listed in powerparts.

shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #3876
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by umitc View Post
I have read in the past a story about Ferrari paying the customer and getting back the car, because the owner has installed an LPG system on the vehicle. :-)))) Maybe KTM does the same to me. :-)))))
Yeah you will have a letter from ktm soon :)
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #3877
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCattledog View Post
First post so please take it easy.
I got my 1190 800mls ago, just had the first service done in Perth, Scotland at 700mls. I traded in a 3 year old 990SMT for this bike, the SMT had no issues, no probs at all, great bike all round.
The problem I'm having with the new 1190 is vibration through the bars; particularly the throttle grip, enough to make it very uncomfortable on a trip of 60-70 miles.
I mentioned this at the service, the mechanic rode the bike and reconed it felt same as all the other 1190's he had ridden. Fair enough I thought it was just me and bought an expensive set of handelbar damping system clamps, they help but it's not the answer. The checked and tightened all the engine mounts... any thoughts, anyone had similar?
I have read the Vibrations post prior, it's a new bike should not need same.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks.
No problems here either, I would suggest taking it to a decent tyre shop and getting them to rebalance the wheel. Theres a few people who have had the same issue because of the balancing that comes from the factory.. or maybe the dealer does the balancing but didnt?

anyway balance it n try again.. I was suprised at how smooth the whole bike felt for a twin. better than my old BMW
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #3878
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoktm View Post
A few pages ago, someone post a link with the RUMBUX crash bars (http://rumbux.co.za/products%20continue.html). Looks very nice!
I'm already contact them. Posted here to Brisbane will cost $930.
They also mentioned the price (not sure if the retail price or shipping) will reduce if I order 3 or more...
Anyone in OZ interested on this ones?
Let me know. I'm planning to order one soon...
I would but not for $930.. Thats a def rip.. Give it 6 to 12 months and touratech will have a set, Not even touratech would be that much.. Look at the f800gs stuff for eg..
Old 08-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #3879
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milli13 View Post
I have read alot on this thread about the 1190 and the "heat coming out the sides of the seat, can I offer you a alternative solution?

For 25 years I have always wore black or at least dark motorcycle clothing, and I have always suffered in the mid summer sun, and during the last 5 years I had an R1 that really did give off heat under the right leg. So last year as part of taking a ride across Peru and specifically down the Ica dessert I decided to buy some light coloured adventure riding gear. It is brilliant, it reflexs heat instead of absorbing it, so it doesn't matter if the heat is comming from the mid day sun, or from the bike when sitting in city trafiic, you dont feel the heat. I now have the 1190, and just did a trip from Germany to the Orkneys during the few days it got to 40'C, and I didn't experence any issues with heat from the bike

Yes, there is the sheer embassment of wearing pale colours, and I have heard all the jokes, "Elvis has left the biulding", but for summer riding, I can reccomend it,

Once I work out how to add a photo, I will

http://www.louis.de/_200a9a75ef766c3...rtnr_gr=208847
I just picked up my bike which is the 2nd new batch from KTM. and I'm wondering if they sorted it as it looks like it has a gold coloured coating over the header pipes (could be ceramic? ) I havent experienced any of the heating issues anyone has talked about..
Old 08-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #3880
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyxl View Post
About consumption: interesting thing I got yesterday while riding - computer was showing 5.6 l/100 km, I covered 320 km when the reserve fuel light went on and then after 50 km I stopped to fuel up and I could tank only 21 liter. Meaning the consumption was shown correct, but fuel range was wrong. I had more then 3.5 liters (real reserve) still in the tank. Maybe the computer is showing fuel range till the reserve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyxl View Post
My mom always told me: "son, stop sleeping on the algebra classes. someday you'll gonna need it!"
I just can't understand how you can put 21lt into a 23lt tank that still had 3.5lt in it....
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #3881
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi all

Bad news from me !:(

Yesterday I parked in Mayfair/London as usual and come back afternoon to get on my bike to go home. But it was stolen. While I was calling my wife and trying to walk to train I saw my bike in a very quite street all hidden in a corner . I run near it no scratches ,no damage on the body however they cut some cables and put a screw to my ignition to break my steering lock.
I recovered by ktm recovery which cost me 190! Yes ktm recovery only covers if you got a puncher or side road fix they don't recover your bike be aware!
This morning I am going to recover it again which is private recovery 45 ! I said great Ktm fucks me over from recovery as well!

I am not going to report to my insurance fuck them , they are legal gangsters anyway ,they pay your claim today next year they put your premium up so much that you wish you paid it your self !

So what do you guys thing I am looking for paying for ignition?
500? 600? 1000

Well shit happens at least I got the bike .
Old 08-07-2013, 02:40 AM   #3882
Bonsai Elephant
Banned

Oddometer: 18,756
Bike thieves are all cunts.

Glad you got it back.

Bonsai Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #3883
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai Elephant View Post
Bike thieves are all cunts.

Glad you got it back.

Thank you mate !
Old 08-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #3884
Milli13
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milli13 View Post
Hi All,

I got my 1190 6 weeks ago, put it thought it's first service then went on a 4500 km trip to Scotland, the bike is great, but:-
200 km into the trip the engine just cut out in the fast lane of the motorway, when i pulled over on the side, i round the side stand spring had failed (brittle) and the side stand had killed the engine, I tapped up the side stand and continued

Then for the last 3 days onf the trip the engine would only run on tick over for about 20-30 second, before shutting down, when on the open road it was OK, just tickover. The fault was intermittent, and some times it would work for OK for a few hours, i took it to the KTM dealer in Scotland, but by then it was running fine. we tried a few things, but could not get it to repeat the defect.

and finally, yesterday pull I pulled into the petrol station and openned the filler cap, fuel sprayed everywhere, they was only about 2 bars left when i pulled in, and at least a liter was sprayed out, it was a hot day (about 38'c), but I have never seen this happen before

The bike is now back at the dealers to find out what the problem

Cheers
Milli

I got the bike back yesterday, under warrenty they have replaced the fuel pump and the ECU to holefully solve the tickover problem, and replaced the side side spring, but no mention of the tank pressurisation.
Milli13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #3885
cladv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rompe View Post
Some treatment against heat.

On one hand, exhaust wraps

On the other hand, KTM dealers are installing a heat shield under the front seat.

Well, you still feel the heat, but believe me, the combination of both solutions make a HUGE improvement.

Tested in a really hot day . . .

Regards.
I rompe..in your second pic I'm seeing a chain cleaner system. How do you installed it? I have an scottoiler system (not electronic version ) but I dont know how to connect with the bike's system.

Thanks