Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #4711
harryzgnilek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAnCrazymtl View Post

Where were you quoted these prices please?

No one has called me back yet!
Moto Duroy
talk to Gaetan tel 450 632-9871
harryzgnilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #4712
dman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
Multi vs KTM

To each his own, but I'm not sure why anyone would consider the 1190 if they don't plan to go off road. But based on my brief experience riding the 1190's last week, I think rider skill and confidence in the front end grip is the only factor in saying one is better than the other. The 1190 was so fast I don't see how one can use any more power or acceleration below 100mph ... unless you're very comfortable cornering on the rear wheel only. The feel and power of the KTM brakes were fine, and again, unless you're on a track and at the limit of front tire grip, I just don't see how one could brake significantly better than the other. I own an older Ducati, and I very much want to like the Multi, but I think the KTM is a better package, unless you prefer a physically smaller bike, for a better price in the US

-dman
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #4713
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 693
On the road they are very close. Off-road they are light years apart. Winner.....KTM. Period.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #4714
Espada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
I currently own a Multistrada 1200S Touring, and I frankly couldn't understand getting an 1190 ADV over the Ducati. I am only saying that because I already own the Multi. If I was coming in not owning either, I'd most likely go for the KTM. The ADV-R us another story altogether. I am trying to sell my Multi because I want the R model. I think it is different enough to justify making the change.

While the pre-2013 low end fueling is rough, the bike is not wanting for power/torque, so I'm not too sure what some of you folks are talking about.
Espada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #4715
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
KTM 1190 vs Multi 1200 (and GS1200)

Since there is interest here in how the Duc compares, here's a link to my take on the two, posted in the 2013 Multi 1200 thread. Plus some remarks on the waterboxer.

Executive version: KTM if you want to have fun on unsealed surfaces. Duc for road use or two-up. BMW if the windscreen is the deciding factor. IMHO.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #4716
Corsica101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
a +1 from me too..

theres no chance i would even think about a multi engine in comparison...

I raced a multi on a traffic light take off to about 80ish *wink*
we were side by side up to around 70ish cos i couldnt keep the front wheel on the ground due to my bum being too far back when i initially took off, after that though i positioned up the front a bit more and i was pulling away...
...and you probably didn't even had it in Sports mode right?
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #4717
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Since there is interest here in how the Duc compares, here's a link to my take on the two, posted in the 2013 Multi 1200 thread. Plus some remarks on the waterboxer.

Executive version: KTM if you want to have fun on unsealed surfaces. Duc for road use or two-up. BMW if the windscreen is the deciding factor. IMHO.
Well like Moronic I was a Multi Owner, and would almost agree . I trialled the KTM, wanted to buy but thought I'd have some similar experiences to the Multi. For the best all round I'd go, and did go the GS , after this it would be the KTM and then Ducati . I am thinking the second or third iteration of the 1190 might be the one I will consider. When I test rode the bike I would have purchased on the spot if the dealer could have fitted the bits I consider essential, mainly heated grips and GPs mounting. The whole deal came unstuck when I started getting answers the factory doesn't know when they can supply, the sort of half arse answers, I used to get from Fraser's about my Multi.

In the bush the KTM will run rings around the GS , but for me it is gravel roads and tracks so the GS will do ! The majority of my riding is on the road and in this area the BM leaves the other in its shadow.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #4718
Alarm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Off Topic:

According to a reply i received from KTM, on 4th of November will be released the differences between the 2013 and 2014 model.

I want to see what they have fixed and if its worth waiting the 2014 or to go for the 2013 model 6 months earlier.

Untill now the only known difference is the new braking system.
Alarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #4719
Stromcat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
The MSC can be retrofitted to the 2013 model,it is a software update only.About £350 in the UK I believe.
Stromcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #4720
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromcat View Post
The MSC can be retrofitted to the 2013 model,it is a software update only.About £350 in the UK I believe.
I though the same thing it's a software update.
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #4721
WildAnCrazymtl
Political Prisonor

Oddometer: 6,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzgnilek View Post
Moto Duroy
talk to Gaetan tel 450 632-9871
I will go see this morning!

Old 11-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #4722
harryzgnilek
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I will go see this morning!
you will go see what? they only had the bike last saturday..demo day.. but Gaetan can tell you the prices
you an pm me if u want to talk about it
Old 11-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #4723
WildAnCrazymtl
Political Prisonor

Quote:
you will go see what? they only had the bike last saturday..demo day.. but Gaetan can tell you the prices
you an pm me if u want to talk about it
Ouais, un bit en calvaire que je n'ai pas été appellé pour le demo ride, j'avais laissé mon info avec Gaetan cet été.... Mais bon!

The bike is still there, one of them anyway, the non R model... I got to sit on it with my navigator in the shop... First impression is that it is much smaller than my current GS. Not to say I don't like boobies in my back but on a warm day, all day.... My co pilot says the hand grips are a problem, she is comfortable but feels lower than on the GS and cannot see the bike speedo like on our current ride. The sales girl who spoke to us could have been more helpful but seemed more concerned with her friend's friday nite.

It's a really nice bike but I was expecting more... I think I am just really pissed off that I was not called for the demo ride... And every time the sales girl opened her mouth with inacurate info made me steem even more. On the up side the parts kid was really helpful and knew the product.

She tells me there are only two 1190's non R version left for next year out of their allotment of bikes... I for sure am not going to bid on a bike I wasn't called to demo...

I will get to see them au salon de la moto, side by side!

WildAnCrazymtl screwed with this post 11-03-2013 at 09:57 AM
WildAnCrazymtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #4724
harryzgnilek
Gnarly Adventurer

You need to talk to Gaetan, he is great.
as far as the bike, I'm getting the comfort kit which will raise the seating by 20mm and the seat is already adjustable from 860/875 mm so you can get a hight of 895mm.you can also adjust handle bars and foot pegs . i believe that it is taller then the R(890) and BMW GS.The comfort group also comes with the Heated Grips.. that might have a better fit feeling. passing hand grips are a problem? they can me removed i believe .. its an incredible bike

Quote:
Ouais, un bit en calvaire que je n'ai pas été appellé pour le demo ride, j'avais laisser mon info avec Gaetan cette été.... Mais bon!

The bike is still there, one of them anyway, the non R model... I got to sit on it with my navigator in the shop... First impression is that it is much smaller than my current GS. Not to say I don't like boobies in my back but on a warm day, all day.... My co pilot says the hand grips are a problem, she is comfortable but feels lower than on the GS and cannot see the bike speedo like on our current ride. The sales girl who spoke to us could have been more helpful but seemed more concerned with her friend's friday nite.

It's a really nice bike but I was expecting more... I think I am just really pissed off that I was not called for the demo ride... And every time the sales girl opened her mouth with inacurate info made me steem even more. On the up side the parts kid was really helpful and knew the product.

She tells me there are only two 1190's non R version left for next year out of thier allotment of bikes... I for sure am not going to bid on a bike I wasn't called to demo...
Old 11-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #4725
WildAnCrazymtl
Political Prisonor

Quote:
You need to talk to Gaetan, he is great.
as far as the bike, I'm getting the comfort kit which will raise the seating by 20mm and the seat is already adjustable from 860/875 mm so you can get a hight of 895mm.you can also adjust handle bars and foot pegs . i believe that it is taller then the R(890) and BMW GS.The comfort group also comes with the Heated Grips.. that might have a better fit feeling. passing hand grips are a problem? they can me removed i believe .. its an incredible bike
You don't have to convince me, I have been on the KTM cool-aid for a while now... Just curious, do you ride with a passenger or do you usually ride solo? I am 6'2 240 and she is 5'6 135, the bike felt small when we were both on it.... It also sat down a lot but I don't know how the suspension was set up... Could be I was still "en calvaire" for not being notified for the demo ride.... My co- pilot/finance director would prefer I kept the GS one more year and she will probably get her wish cause no test ride no purchase...

You did your test ride in the rain? Did you feel the heat from under the seat as others have mentioned. Did KTM let you have a little fun with the bike or were you watched like the NSA watches the americans...