ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #6001
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth View Post
In the above context. A little help please on permanently wiring up a zumo Gps please. Would any of the above mentioned plugs be suitable for this? Also, would it be possible for you to take a picture of the "female spade connectors" you are referring to - i.e. something that guides me where to find these? Thanks
The female spade connectors that I used is 10amps and hot, the other set is switched not sure of the amps. In that picture you can see the hole below the cigarette plug, try and fish out the wires there. The 10amp hot is ziptied to the cigarette plug, the other one is loose in there.

The connectors in the foreground are the switched pair, the other pair is behind the cigarette plugin. If you can not fish them out from the bottom, you have to take the tank and side panels off, plus the splash guard around the forks, PITA.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #6002
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Has anyone figured how to put the clock in 12 hour mode instead of 24 hour?
Old 12-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #6003
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer: 771
I was reading the manual last night. I think if you go into settings, where you set the time there might be an option to choose 12 or 24hr.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #6004
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd-Squad View Post
I was reading the manual last night. I think if you go into settings, where you set the time there might be an option to choose 12 or 24hr.
I have changed the time twice, but can't find the 12-24 mode, gotta be there.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #6005
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapacker View Post
I have changed the time twice, but can't find the 12-24 mode, gotta be there.

I just took another look at the manual. It doesn't mention anything about clock modes.

Try switching between miles/km or changing the language. Possibly the clock is tied into one of those regional settings. Alternatively you could try cycling through the hours.

Hurry and figure this out. I'm supposed to pick mine up on Thurs or Fri. Something tells me I'll want to know this myself.

Todd-Squad
Old 12-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #6006
Tancakar
Banned

Oddometer: 367
Yeah my favourite menu is

Heated grip on/off
Front tire psi
Rear tire psi
Fuel consumption
Fuel range.

Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #6007
Wonway
KTM Fanboi #2

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Has anyone figured how to put the clock in 12 hour mode instead of 24 hour?
I don't think it is changeable. My past 2 KTM's weren't either. I kinda like it though.
1994 Ducati 888 LTD #61
2008 Husqvarna TE610
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
Wonway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #6008
Darth
Darth

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
The female spade connectors that I used is 10amps and hot, the other set is switched not sure of the amps. In that picture you can see the hole below the cigarette plug, try and fish out the wires there. The 10amp hot is ziptied to the cigarette plug, the other one is loose in there.

The connectors in the foreground are the switched pair, the other pair is behind the cigarette plugin. If you can not fish them out from the bottom, you have to take the tank and side panels off, plus the splash guard around the forks, PITA.

Thanks for the feedback Llamapacker - I'll dig around as you suggest - sorry but I can't see the picture you are referring to?
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #6009
Jimkatoom
Not a nOOb

Oddometer: 23
Any 1190's delivered to California yet?

Been following this thread with great interest and finally made it to the last page! Those of us here on the left coast seem to still be waiting for our bikes...
Waiting very impatiently for my R to arrive, and I guess I'm going to have to wait till next year
Getting caught in this perfect storm of holidays/west coast/ late delivery blues shouldn't last too much longer...
I hate waiting...
Those here in the US- is the R model fit with a leading-axle fork, or is it in line with the fork? The R that I test rode in Fresno, in late October had an inline fork, and I really liked the handling (felt just the same on turn-in and holding a line as my '06 950 ADV S... And as nimble as my 990 SMT
Thanks,
Jim
Jimkatoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #6010
BigMan73
Binary Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
Quote:
I cancelled ins on the Griso, and added the 1190, went up $75 a year.
Thanks for this answer and the others.
It seems that the insurance is really great!
Good news, I was afraid the insurance companies classify the KTM 1190 ADV as a sports bike due to its engine size and 150 BHP...
BigMan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:36 AM   #6011
OrangeV
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
Continental TrailAttack 2 Motorcycle Tires Review

http://www.ridermagazine.com/gear/co...es-review.htm/

An interesting review of the Conti TA 2 tyre.
Good rubber for sure, they definitely stick

http://www.roadrunner.travel/2013/12...rail-attack-2/

Lucky Guy....

The tires offer easy turn-in and good grip, enough to lean until parts start to scrape

OrangeV screwed with this post 01-01-2014 at 03:47 AM
OrangeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #6012
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimkatoom View Post
Those here in the US- is the R model fit with a leading-axle fork, or is it in line with the fork? The R that I test rode in Fresno, in late October had an inline fork, and I really liked the handling (felt just the same on turn-in and holding a line as my '06 950 ADV S... And as nimble as my 990 SMT
Thanks,
Jim
It has a leading-axle, I would guess about 14mm.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #6013
soggysandwich
Banned

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raconnol View Post

BTW 83$ for a oil filter... are you kidding me!!! (link below)

Rick

http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-rc8-oil-filter-service-kit

actually that is an oil filter and TWO oil filter SCREENS,,,,,, only an idiot would throw those {screens} away and buy new ones.

the ktm 690 motor has two different paper filters and two screens... about $10 USD for the 2 paper filter [aftermarket]

just shoot the screens with some brake clean or carb cleaner, and re-install.....whomever wrote that web page for a $80 filter kit was an Obama voter [ clueless ]
soggysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #6014
Raconnol
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by soggysandwich View Post
actually that is an oil filter and TWO oil filter SCREENS,,,,,, only an idiot would throw those {screens} away and buy new ones.

the ktm 690 motor has two different paper filters and two screens... about $10 USD for the 2 paper filter [aftermarket]

just shoot the screens with some brake clean or carb cleaner, and re-install.....whomever wrote that web page for a $80 filter kit was an Obama voter [ clueless ]
Fair enough. I was able to download the 2014 owners manual from the link on a previous posting here. As you mentioned, clean the screens and replace the fibre filter.

The manual does state to use reverse pliers to pull the fibre filter out. How easy is it to pull out the filter by hand?

Rick

Btw with the 1190s selling like hot cakes up here, good used 990/950s are queuing up as trade ins. I am starting to see a strong business case for keeping my GW and picking up a nice used 990. I want the KTM to ride off pavement and into high risk counties. Used seems a better choice then dumping a new $18k 1190 or finding it gone in South/Central America ;)
Raconnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #6015
Dearnla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMitchell View Post
I am seriously considering trading for an 1190 adventure R. Any advice on long distance comfort out on the interstate? I want a true "do it all" bike, so that means my bike needs to be able to get me to work in North Dakota when I live in Missouri. Decent mpg's would also be nice, I have read to expect anywhere from high 20's playing off road to low 40's with throttle restraint at speeds below 70. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I'm getting 45 mpg (UK) out of mine - that's 10 miles per litre or around 180 before refill warning comes on. I have the Std. 1190 and the seat is OK for distance, but you always have the option of comfort seats.
Dearnla is offline   Reply With Quote