Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #6196
Jensdccom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjeu View Post
I know the 'plastic' KTM ones are rubish, but -although not proven yet- it seem to be the best width/volume deal for the moment. The panniers will be on the bike a lot. I'll use the bike to visit costumers and to transport materials to my collegues on construction sites.
So i need a big volume and they can't be to wide for in traffic jams.

Also, when visiting costumers, i must be able to put my helmet in the panniers. With the plastic ones, thats possible. Don't know if it is possible with the touratech cases aswel?
It's a 45/31 combination. The 45 fits a helmet, the 31 doesn't.
Jensdccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #6197
Ossie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Windscreen

Orange V - Using a blank Madstad that is 20 " tall. Drilled the holes and mounted it to the original KTM brackets using nylon spacers from hardware store. It has seen 100mph.

STrider - Ordered a bulk piece and cut out this shape for the tank. Allows me to grip the tank with less effort.

The LED lights are Model 50 from MonsterADV. Just put them on yesterday so I have not gotten them adjusted yet. I am using the billet mounts they sell, minus the small black part screwed to it. Just attached the light right to their mount. The lights are well protected by the crash bars, at least as far as street riding goes.

Really getting into this bike. All I need to do is raise the bars and I will be set.
Ossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #6198
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,354
With a 40" inseam, has anyone found a peg lowering kit ? I think with the taller Touratech seat and maybe a 1" peg lowering kit the 1190 Adventure R would fit me better. I'm also looking to put the pivot pegs on it to make it a little more comfortable while off road with my size 15 boots.

Ridden so many bikes I lost count ! ! !
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #6199
strider.deano
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave-gs View Post
With a 40" inseam, has anyone found a peg lowering kit ? I think with the taller Touratech seat and maybe a 1" peg lowering kit the 1190 Adventure R would fit me better. I'm also looking to put the pivot pegs on it to make it a little more comfortable while off road with my size 15 boots.
Damn Dave,
40" inseam . You must be 6'10" or more!
The stock peg height is adjustible and Pivot Pegs would help with those snowshoes. I think you are a perfect candidate for a custom seat with a buildup. Maybe a Russell Day Long or Rick Mayer.
strider.deano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #6200
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,168
Ah cool, the shift light at 6500 rpm goes up to 10250 rpm automatically at 1000k/620 miles. Now, we can start going supersonic.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #6201
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,218
2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider.deano View Post
Damn Dave,
40" inseam . You must be 6'10" or more!
The stock peg height is adjustible and Pivot Pegs would help with those snowshoes. I think you are a perfect candidate for a custom seat with a buildup. Maybe a Russell Day Long or Rick Mayer.
lol. He's a damn big feller, that's for sure. With any hair, he'd probably be 6'10. ;)
He makes his 1150 GS Adv look like a 650 single.
slowoldguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #6202
LAKEMONSTER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird View Post
This is exactly what mine looks like. No bolt or threads in that hole! So is this where the KTM skid plate mounts to? I have B&B Offroad plate and it is supposed to mount to that hole.
Have an 1190 R on my lift right now. Same, same, no threads in the Cases, so of course no Bolt. I'm sure KTM must have a run of Frame, or Motor #'s that have had this missed. Am wondering how many though...
LAKEMONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #6203
Wonway
KTM Fanboi #2

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Wow! Can't help with the lowering pegs, but I will say that I wear size 13 shoes and have a problem with my heels hitting the passenger pegs if I try to ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs. I was thinking of removing them for that reason. I can imagine you would have even a bigger problem with that.
1994 Ducati 888 LTD #61
2008 Husqvarna TE610
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
Wonway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #6204
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,535
Quote:
The bikes seem to come out of the create with the peg bracket in the low position to begin with....(they are can be flipped over)...add to that the Black Dog wide-low foot pegs....and you have a good start....

Also ....FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BUY TOURATECH....hahaha....come on these aren't GS's.....buy something that wont break if you stare at it to intensely.....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #6205
OrangeV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Cool2 Not 1190 related-

Hi

Just a small update, we have a very scorching week ahead of us here in Canberra.

It's the first time in 35 years, that the week's temps will all be over 35 degrees.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/act/act/canberra

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/ check out Adelaide 45 whooping degrees

Not nice riding in this at all, rider's get dehydrated and delirious and can prove deadly. Its so important to have a summer jacket, so big thanks to AlpinsStars for mine.

Im hoping to get to the coast on saturday to my favourite beach, so will have some photos for you all..
OrangeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:52 AM   #6206
Dearnla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Eek

Quote:

Tnx for the GPS tip! Will check it out!!!!

I know about the reputation of the KTM panniers. But they still offer the most space for a minimum of width... And with the traffic here in Belgium, that is important.

Topcase will only be just for trips 2 up, so we can storage our gear en both helmets in the bike. I don't have the intention (yet) to stuff it up with luggage.
The KTM panniers (Touring Cases) when fitted are no wider than the handlebars. Buy some Silicone spray when you get then and coat the catches and locks with it. That frees them up nicely!

And you will need one top case and the Left pannier in order to fit two helmets..and you can always get a backrest for the top case too.

The KTM Sat Nav mount gets a bit wobbly and vibrates at speed.....
Dearnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:02 AM   #6207
Dearnla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Quote:
I was going to buy the 2013 model (only one more in stock), but after all the horror regarding the airbox, i've choosen to go for the 2014 model. It does cost an extra 1000 painfull euro's...

But if i'm not mistaking, it's more then just the airfilter. There is also something with some fuel tubes, a difference on the springs (although i can't find any information regarding that) and the side stand.

Does anyone have a list with all the differences between the 2013 and 2014 models?
Airbox, side stand foot, MSC fitted standard. All the others are recalls to check correct fitting/alignment. They don't cost 1000 Euro's to fix......
Dearnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:23 AM   #6208
BrandtSA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearnla View Post
Airbox, side stand foot, MSC fitted standard. All the others are recalls to check correct fitting/alignment. They don't cost 1000 Euro's to fix......
Sorry, what is a MSC?
BrandtSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:52 AM   #6209
Tjeu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandtSA View Post
Sorry, what is a MSC?
Motorcycle stability control :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AAR-BZ8_W4
Tjeu is offline   Reply With Quote