Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #6271
veesquared
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Invest in a cheap test light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicoblanco View Post
I wired up my gps today. You might like these pix. I have question about the ACC1 and other "power leads". I can't seem to find in these threads the mention of the option power options. I want to tie into the switched power lead for my zumo mount. I couldn't get the one that I thought was tied to the ignition to work. Ended up using the constant hot lead. I would love insight into which one is switched. I looked through the service manual and couldn't find it there.

Buy yourself a cheapo test light . Very easy to use . Ground the alligator clip and probe your wire . No light with key off is switched and vice versa. Yellow with red tracer is full time hot.Black with red tracer is switched power. So far I have found two locations for both . One set in tail section and one set in the 12volt cigarette lighter housing. If you buy the heated seats the set in back in used but the factory harness supplied with the kit includes a set of jumpers so you still have two sets.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #6272
fhammond
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
I wired up my gps today. You might like these pix. I have question about the ACC1 and other "power leads". I can't seem to find in these threads the mention of the option power options. I want to tie into the switched power lead for my zumo mount. I couldn't get the one that I thought was tied to the ignition to work. Ended up using the constant hot lead. I would love insight into which one is switched. I looked through the service manual and couldn't find it there.
I did something similar recently. ACC2 is want you want: it only supplies power when the ignition is on. It should be right where ACC1 is: right under the cigarette lighter is. Here's a post I made describing my GPS installation:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=947084

Good luck!
fhammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:40 PM   #6273
OrangeV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Attention Two Tigers.

Are you in a position to make the heatshields for the 2013 and 2014 1190 Adventure.

If you coud do some photos of the 2014 1190 and post it to the forum members.
I am from Australia and would like to buy it, you would need to set up a PayPal account and just send us a link.
Also would you be able to give a price to all of us.

What you have made looks excellent ..
Old 01-19-2014, 06:05 AM   #6274
QuicoRR
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Hola a todos, me presento desde Mallorca, España.

QuicoRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:51 AM   #6275
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Oddometer: 346
Heat shields for KTM 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeV View Post
Attention Two Tigers.

Are you in a position to make the heatshields for the 2013 and 2014 1190 Adventure.

If you coud do some photos of the 2014 1190 and post it to the forum members.
I am from Australia and would like to buy it, you would need to set up a PayPal account and just send us a link.
Also would you be able to give a price to all of us.

What you have made looks excellent ..
Hi OrangeV ... Its me not Two Tigers ... send me a PM and will quote.
Cheers,
Roberto
Old 01-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #6276
Chicoblanco
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by veesquared View Post
Buy yourself a cheapo test light . Very easy to use . Ground the alligator clip and probe your wire . No light with key off is switched and vice versa. Yellow with red tracer is full time hot.Black with red tracer is switched power. So far I have found two locations for both . One set in tail section and one set in the 12volt cigarette lighter housing. If you buy the heated seats the set in back in used but the factory harness supplied with the kit includes a set of jumpers so you still have two sets.
Thank you. I used a test light on the two unused wires near the cigarette housing. One is brown and does not supply power. The other is the red/yellow and is constant hot. In the tail section, I found the black/red you mentioned. It is switched and works perfect.

What's the deal with the brown? I thought it might be the heated grip wire and only hot when its switched on through the menu. Not so. I turned on the option for the heated grips and the brown wire still isn't hot.
Chicoblanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #6277
Chicoblanco
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
[QUOTE=QuicoRR;23259818]Hola a todos, me presento desde Mallorca, España.

Hola QuicoRR de Espana. Yo estaba en Espana en Octubre passado.

I like the options you've installed on your 1190R. How do the extra lights work? I imagine not so good when caked with mud. I want to put a pair on mine too.

The front tire - how do you like it in the slick stuff? Does it grab, provide enough traction?

I took my off-road a bit yesterday and I still have the stock tires. wow. They SUCK in mud. I'm not really telling you guys anything you don't know. Just saying.

What do you guys think is the best long mileage tire that also provides good traction off-road?

I'm going through Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Costa Rica, etc this Summer.
Chicoblanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #6278
QuicoRR
n00b

Buenas,
Las luces extras se las puse por decoracion, con el faro que lleva ma basta y sobra, ilumina muy bien...
En cuanto a los Pirelli Scorpion MT90, muy bien, los llevo desde hace poco, y de momento me van muy bien, tanto por carretera como por campo...
Saludos,
Old 01-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #6279
QuicoRR
n00b

Piezas de una GS que van bien a la nueva 1190 Adventure...

Old 01-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #6280
Audun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Thank you. I used a test light on the two unused wires near the cigarette housing. One is brown and does not supply power. The other is the red/yellow and is constant hot. In the tail section, I found the black/red you mentioned. It is switched and works perfect.

What's the deal with the brown? I thought it might be the heated grip wire and only hot when its switched on through the menu. Not so. I turned on the option for the heated grips and the brown wire still isn't hot.
The wiring diagrams are in the repair manual which you will find linked some pages back in this thread.

Audun
Audun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #6281
Master
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuicoRR View Post

What on earth is that and why would you want to have it?
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #6282
schoals
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
I have always wired my GPS through the front brake light switch, never had any problems doing it that way although some guy once told me my bike would catch fire, been doing it for probably 15 years now and still waiting for my bike to self combust!
Old 01-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #6283
veesquared
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Andun is right on.

Quote:

Brown is a groundwire and hopefully you will never have power there. Look again and youll find the live pair. Whenever you see a tracer color it means there is switched power there. And unswitched.

Get a wiring diagram . A multimeter with a continuity buzzer is handy . Harbor freight, has cheapo meters that work fine.

There is a post here about the heated grip connection. It is white and can be found behind the headlight near the rightside fork stanchion.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:41 PM   #6284
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
What on earth is that and why would you want to have it?
They loosen the handlebars without tools. Use them to adjust your handlebars when standing offroad.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #6285
JBird
Retriever

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoals View Post
I have always wired my GPS through the front brake light switch, never had any problems doing it that way although some guy once told me my bike would catch fire, been doing it for probably 15 years now and still waiting for my bike to self combust!
Has GPS been around for 15 years?????
'08 Goldwing
'98 Golden Retriever
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote