Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2014, 06:14 AM   #6376
Camo Jo
a lotta Mojo

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapacker View Post
You must have a 2013, think there is a software upgrade that will show actual PSI below those numbers. I run 33/37 unless 2up, no alarm and shows correct pressure, until a few miles then they both warm up and go up higher, like maybe 4psi each.

It is a new 2014 , It does show the actual values. I would just like to set the default value to whatever I like, without having the low pressure alarm the whole time. The standard pressures are fine for tarmac but lower pressures work a lot better on gravel and sand.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #6377
okeanis1234
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Jo View Post
It is a new 2014 , It does show the actual values. I would just like to set the default value to whatever I like, without having the low pressure alarm the whole time. The standard pressures are fine for tarmac but lower pressures work a lot better on gravel and sand.
There is no choice to change the "alarm" values...the only choce is to switch between bar and psi.
okeanis1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #6378
Camo Jo
a lotta Mojo

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by okeanis1234 View Post
There is no choice to change the "alarm" values...the only choce is to switch between bar and psi.
Thats what I thought, So this will give you a low pressure alarm all through Africa,
well done KTM....

Or just remove the TPMS ,,,, PMS etc etc ,decide on the required pressure and ride the bike.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #6379
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Jo View Post
Thats what I thought, So this will give you a low pressure alarm all through Africa,

well done KTM....

Or just remove the TPMS ,,,, PMS etc etc ,decide on the required pressure and ride the bike.

I agree it seems like a bit of an oversight, but come on, how many software Programers are adventure riders. Don't whine about it, turn in a suggestion and maybe they will add this to the next software release, along with cruise control.

These are cheap things to fix, with minimal cost to owners to retrofit. I'd gladly pay an hour of shop time for a reflag with these features.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #6380
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,391
There is one problem with your statement Todd -

KTM boasts that all of their employees - especially their designers and engineers - are riders. There should be no problem like this. Or, the offset valve holes in the rims making using a tube in an emergency nearly impossible.

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:04 AM   #6381
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvm View Post
there's also this one, anyone tried it?

wow. That is ugly.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #6382
Rjatr
Sideways Sid

Oddometer: 4
Thumb Thanks

Picking my new grey 1190 standard up at the end of the month, "R" was to tall for me!
Remus Titanium can
Black KTM Eng Bars
KTM Bash
KTM alloy Top Box
Givi Tank Bag

Just finished reading this entire thread, really useful and informative, I hope to make some useful additions in the future, only 4 weeks to go.....
Rjatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #6383
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,165
Report on the Gobi H&B pannier mounts:

My SO is 5' 2" and cannot get on and off with the panniers mounted. Hell, I barely can, and no way can you swing your leg over, must punch through or across the seat. I do like them mounted like that tho, can't even tell they are back there while riding.

So, I am going to lower the exhaust 4" at the rear, and lower the pannier mounts. No small job, I need to go get some more argon before I can start.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #6384
Dirty bike
EVal Innovations Inc

Oddometer: 752
Quote:

My SO is 5' 2" and cannot get on and off with the panniers mounted. Hell, I barely can, and no way can you swing your leg over, must punch through or across the seat. I do like them mounted like that tho, can't even tell they are back there while riding.

So, I am going to lower the exhaust 4" at the rear, and lower the pannier mounts. No small job, I need to go get some more argon before I can start.
First, consider more foreplay to help you both get off.

As for getting on, try stepping on the left foot peg, then swinging your leg over. Have the SO get on that way first, then slide back onto the Pillion seat, then you get on. Think of mounting a horse, (not during foreplay).
Dirty bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #6385
aspaldo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:

I certainly appreciate the heads up. I've been considering the H&B mount with the Xplorer cases. I was more worried about my SO not having any space with the bags mounted so high. Does your SO have any issues with the panniers getting in the way of her knees or causing a cramped space?
Old 02-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #6386
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspaldo View Post
I certainly appreciate the heads up. I've been considering the H&B mount with the Xplorer cases. I was more worried about my SO not having any space with the bags mounted so high. Does your SO have any issues with the panniers getting in the way of her knees or causing a cramped space?
There is plenty of room once we are up, just very hard to get on and off. I didn't want to risk breaking the sidestand mount (mounted on case) by climbing up on the rider peg, but may try that.

Also, we didn't try, me scooting forward to the tank and her using my peg to get up or down on.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #6387
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post
First, consider more foreplay to help you both get off.

As for getting on, try stepping on the left foot peg, then swinging your leg over. Have the SO get on that way first, then slide back onto the Pillion seat, then you get on. Think of mounting a horse, (not during foreplay).
LOL, yep that would help.

We are going to get fully geared up and try again, but if it is a major, can't imagine the scenes we will cause at every gas stop.

I could always ask a nearby stranger to take the pannier off so she could dismount. LOL
Old 02-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #6388
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,391
My daughter is 4'8" short.

She get's on the bike first whether it's loaded or not.

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:13 AM   #6389
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,249
Free to good home

I have a brand new (in the bag) 13 UNI filter in the bag. I have a 14 and it was replaced by UNI with the one that fits my bike. Pay the shipping and take it home

pm me
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:25 AM   #6390
numbutt
john

Oddometer: 96
Roadtest

My march ''Cycle World '' arrived today and for those who haven't seen it there is test on the 1190, good reading for those with a 1190 and for those with funds to buy, as after reading the test they will feel its money well spent . quote ''Is KTM's 1190 the best all-round bike in the world. ? ''
On a horse of another colour my bike came up with the '' danger service warning '' nuisance at 10k, and following the double press both buttons etc I reset to wanting it to warn me at another 20k Km [ I don't intend to dealer service I can just imagine an apprentice fiddling with that ''needs to be right'' air filter ]......but my bike would not cancel until I set to a lesser Km [10k I used ]...guess there is a software ''block '' as service intervals are supposed to be 15k Km max.
numbutt is offline   Reply With Quote