Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #6391
fhammond
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbutt View Post
and following the double press both buttons etc I reset to wanting it to warn me at another 20k Km
Hey Numbutt,

What reset process did you you? I had one written down that I got from this forum but it didn't work.

Thanks!
Fergus
fhammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #6392
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhammond View Post
Hey Numbutt,

What reset process did you you? I had one written down that I got from this forum but it didn't work.

Thanks!
Fergus
Try this. Works for me.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:14 AM   #6393
fhammond
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Thank! I'll give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fhammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:55 AM   #6394
numbutt
john

Oddometer: 94
warning reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhammond View Post
Hey Numbutt,

Thanks!
Fergus
I used that reset just ''relinked'' by other inmate ..press both up and down [push hard !] switch on ignition will cycle to menu relating to service, release buttons for me it would not work when setting max amount of Km but worked on a lesser amount, think I put 8 0r 10k km then bingo no more irritating warning . [ now I will have to tie a knot in my tie to help me remember when 15K Km comes up !!!,,,,,,,]
numbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #6395
DRster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Short Inseam- Lowering options????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesopotamia View Post
Life can be so unfair... I'm 5'9", desperatly wanting an R but struggling with the height of the beast. 6'8", you dont need all that (except if you are a professional basketball player)! And your struggling with your machine because you dont have enough leg room! So let's make a deal: give me 3" of those 40" legs so we can both fit perfectly on our bike.
I am 5'6" with a 30" inseam. Test rode a 1190 Adventure and fell madly in love with it within minutes. Felt like the bike was made for me in every aspect.....except the tall seat height. I had to literally move my butt off the seat to reach the ground each time I stopped.

Does anyone know of any lowering options? The dealer didn't know much about the bike overall so they were clueless.

Wrote to KTM Austria enquiring about a possible factory lowering option. No response yet. Any suggestions would be a great help.
DRster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #6396
ChrisK7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRster View Post
I am 5'6" with a 30" inseam. Test rode a 1190 Adventure and fell madly in love with it within minutes. Felt like the bike was made for me in every aspect.....except the tall seat height. I had to literally move my butt off the seat to reach the ground each time I stopped.

Does anyone know of any lowering options? The dealer didn't know much about the bike overall so they were clueless.

Wrote to KTM Austria enquiring about a possible factory lowering option. No response yet. Any suggestions would be a great help.
I know it can be done. Talk to Kurt over at Blackdog cycle. I know his wife has a lowered Adventure 990 that just about anyone could ride.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #6397
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,294
KTM Twins sells kits to lower the 990 Supermoto and the 990 Adventure. I had my forks and shock lowered by a MotoX shop and I don't see any reason why you can't do it.

If you do lower your 1190 I'd sure like to know how it came out. I'm 5'5" with a 29" inseam.

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #6398
DRster
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK7 View Post
I know it can be done. Talk to Kurt over at Blackdog cycle. I know his wife has a lowered Adventure 990 that just about anyone could ride.
Thanks Chris. Will check with them.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #6399
DRster
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6USMC6 View Post
KTM Twins sells kits to lower the 990 Supermoto and the 990 Adventure. I had my forks and shock lowered by a MotoX shop and I don't see any reason why you can't do it.

If you do lower your 1190 I'd sure like to know how it came out. I'm 5'5" with a 29" inseam.
Thanks Mike. Checked with KTM Twins already. Guess the bike is still new in the market for anyone to produce a lowering kit yet.

Probably will consider lowering the forks and shocks as a last resort. I am a bit concerned whether it will compromise the excellent handling and balance of the bike. Did it work well for you?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:12 AM   #6400
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer: 751
Quote:
Thanks Mike. Checked with KTM Twins already. Guess the bike is still new in the market for anyone to produce a lowering kit yet.

Probably will consider lowering the forks and shocks as a last resort. I am a bit concerned whether it will compromise the excellent handling and balance of the bike. Did it work well for you?

You might try adjusting the triple tree by sliding the forks up by a 1/2" and getting the lower seat. These are not major adjustments, but might be enough to justify you buying what you previously considered too tall of a bike.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:27 AM   #6401
grizzlyj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:

I went from boots with a hinged plastic ankle to leather Altberg bike boots which had more flex, and instantly could put my toe down more easily.
grizzlyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:01 AM   #6402
DRster
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd-Squad View Post
You might try adjusting the triple tree by sliding the forks up by a 1/2" and getting the lower seat. These are not major adjustments, but might be enough to justify you buying what you previously considered too tall of a bike.
Thanks.

I believe only Touratech sells a single piece low seat produced by Kahedo. But they don't say how low it is. Will be writing to them.

I will consider lowering the forks only if I am able to adjust the rear shock as well. Want to keep the original geometry of the bike as much as possible.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:51 AM   #6403
PVRnick
Pennsy Flyer

Oddometer: 171
lowering your KTM

Might want to contact this shop in SE Pa. First rate suspension guy before
becoming a KTM dealer last year.

http://www.solid-performance.com/

I was sitting on a new 1190 Adventure the other day at this shop.
Cannot wait for the roads to clear up so I can test ride !
'06 Wee Strom
'95 XR650L
PVRnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #6404
Davy F
Pro Goolie Fiddler

Oddometer: 213
Inevitably some people are just too short to ride a certain model....

A friend of mine who was a shortarse bought a 12GS. I can't remember how many times he dropped it. He ended up writing it off and then with the insurance payout, bought a 12GS Adventure. First thing he did was spend about 1500 on Ohlins suspension to lower it and the lowest seat he could get. Still didn't stop him dropping it umpteen times either before he gave up and bought an 800GS (which he drops far less).
Old 02-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #6405
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,294
It worked quite well. The loss in ground clearance was only noticeable in a rock garden or trying to cross bigger logs (where the 1.5" I lowered it wouldn't have made a difference.

Quote:

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote