Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #1366
HappyGoLucky
Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Oddometer: 4,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
The new 1190 will cast a shadow on all bikes. If they are on both sides of you. [/IMG]

That IMG is hilarious. Well spotted
Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #1367
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
Can a mod please move this thread to GSpot.

"Oooo, I drove through a puddle! Did you get that on GoPro?"

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #1368
Salvo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin View Post
It's all part of KTMs strategy to go "upscale" and leave their loyal dealers and customers behind. My dealer is awesome, Town & Country in Hamburg, NJ, and can't sell them either. If this is what they are bringing no loss anyway.
If you exemplify "loyal KTM" customers, their better off leaving you behind. Some haters just can't help themselves Sakurama, its an innate dysfunction. KTM is smarter than that, the latte upscale crowd is where the money is, and thats what a business is all about. Just ask BMW.

I agree with Velociraptor, 690r or less for the technical stuff. 1190 is the right bike for ADV touring
Salvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #1369
orange spy
diddly squat

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
KMC1, nice photos, they fail to show any circumstance where more weight, 50% more power and lower ground clearance would be a good thing though!

And Walter, if you are in the saddle of the 990 you know you are pulling a wheelie past anyone on anything! Even a 150 HP DS tired Adv whale!

I'll be LC-8 free for the first time since 2003 later today and there is nothing at the KTM website that even remotely tempts me as I window shop, and I'm a rabid KTMer!

If the 990Adv had become the 995Adv and was a real improved bike, lighter, better ergos, better efficency, rather than a BMW/Triumph?Ducati/ VStrom fighter I'd be looking.

If they built a new SE995 that was lighter and slimmer, and didn't stumble skimmin deep whoops sign me up! I'll pre-order it today!
orange spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #1370
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
KMC1, nice photos, they fail to show any circumstance where more weight, 50% more power and lower ground clearance would be a good thing though!
Yeah! That's why I don't see a problem with KTM making the new 1190 - it's still going to be a better dirtbike than the GSA, but it's really not important since so few people want to take a behemoth like a GSA, the 990 or now the 1190 seriously offroading. I know *some* people do - but it's really not many as a raw number. Would YOU want to build a company on that market?

That's what my point is in posting the pics I posted - I was over 1000 miles from home when I got stuck with the LT... it was the wrong bike for what I wanted to do - but it really got my juices flowing to go out exploring far from home for a week or more at a time. That's why I got the GSA - I'm not intending to really offroad with it (although I have on a couple occasions done trails that really aren't "GS friendly" but I don't have pics) because I want it to be a comfortable and reliable long distance mount, that can take me off the beaten path 1000 miles from home. But when I am 1000 miles from home, by myself, usually in a different country - how hard offroad do I really want to do, anyway? I would prefer to see the OUTSIDE of Mexican hospitals, thanks! And, as I pointed out - that stupid wipe out cost me $1500... how many times a year do you think I'm willing to do that?

That's why I have the EXC - that's the "playbike" that I don't mind being a little rough on - but even then - I have to work tomorrow, I have a real career and people who depend on me so it's not like I'm pretending I'm Travis Pastrana or something.
Anyway, I've have had a lot of bikes in my life and only one KTM (the exc I have now) and this new 1190 has really caught my eye - so maybe KTM is onto something here??

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #1371
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,217
There is good in both sides here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
If you exemplify "loyal KTM" customers, their better off leaving you behind. Some haters just can't help themselves Sakurama, its an innate dysfunction. KTM is smarter than that, the latte upscale crowd is where the money is, and thats what a business is all about. Just ask BMW.

I agree with Velociraptor, 690r or less for the technical stuff. 1190 is the right bike for ADV touring

The 1190 is NOT the bike for me. And I side with Nav's expectations ( although not his advanced riding level), but I want EVERYBODY to love the 1190 for what it is. And for those wanting a full sized adventure bike to get on the waiting list. We need it to fill the KTM R&D coffers so they can add a mid sized SE/ Adventure to the line up.

I think KTM needs a good HOME RUN right now in the street / mostly street category.

It's not a question as to whether they know how to make what we want in a mid adventure bike... It's when.
That's the problem... KTM has created a MONSTER of an appetite for more good stuff.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #1372
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MookieBlaylock View Post
ha ha you are a poser if you don't race 95% of the time, god talk about posers. The good thing about katooms is they crash really good.
Not gonna lie - this really made me

Old 10-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #1373
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrides View Post
This

Please move this to "GSpot" or "Beasts", the metrosexuality is sickening !

Do NOT make me hit you with my purse, bitch!

Old 10-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #1374
dlrides
1:1.618

Oddometer: 5,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Do NOT make me hit you with my purse, bitch!

You beat me to it !

dlrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #1375
ducatistadore
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218

This outta be the UGLIEST adventure bike KTM or any one has ever built!!!
And to make matters worst seems KTM is catering to GS riders, which means less off roadibility and more cruise oriented!
The position of exhaust and higher CG of the Gas tank is also another bad design, everything that made 950 the greatest adv bike of all time!

Not to mention an extra 40 lbs they added to it.... .

Why would any one buy a fat ugly KTM over a super reliable BMW when it comes to comfort and street riding...and less off roading.. ?!
KTM f'ed up big time.... in my opinion...

This for sure is the end of the legend...

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/10/03...re-first-look/

"Some may call the KTM 1190 Adventure an evolution of the species, but I would rather think of it as the Austrian bike makers response to BMWs new R1200GS with an eye toward the Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Pikes Peak."
.......................cycleworld.

ducatistadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #1376
HappyGoLucky
Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Oddometer: 4,310
This thread used to be entertaining...
Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #1377
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatistadore View Post
...Why would any one buy a KTM over a super reliable BMW when it comes to comfort and street riding...and less off roading.. ?!
I dunno, maybe to not fall asleep when riding?

Quote:
.... in my opinion...
And we all know what internet opinions are worth
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #1378
Sporting Wood
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 856
Quote:

Why would any one buy a fat ugly KTM over a super reliable BMW
I gotta agree with most everything you wrote except this part. "super reliable BMW" !!!! BwaHaHaHa
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #1379
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky View Post
This thread used to be entertaining...
+1 I'm gonna go sit on my 2x6 seat, get buffeted by a bunch of wind, listen to weird rattle noises from the motor, while I hold onto a bit of a head shake above 90 MPH, and love every bit of it, just like I always have on my o'l trusty GO!!!!!!!!!!

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #1380
Desmofan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
DAMMIT! I am a poser! Ya got me!

Now give me my mochafrappachaitea super vente on ice and

This is what got me into "Adventure Touring".... This was a TOUGH afternoon. 94 degrees / 80% humidity, by myself and 16 miles from the nearest road.... oh, and the reserve light came on just seconds before this mess happened.... "ooops?"

This is how I learned that even if you are strong enough to lift a 900lb beast, the GROUND may only support 50lbs... I got in position.... gathered all my strength (cause I had already tried lifting it and the mud was sucking it down into the Bermuda Triangle so it would. not. budge...) huffed some 02 a couple times to get ready and then....... heaved like a sumo only to drive my feet down about half the length of my legs.... Awww shit.... So I took off my pants and started working on this problem in my underwear and socks... It was about then I realized the misquitoes were extremly happy with both my arrival and my prodigious surface area... no air traffic control issues with me around - EVERYBODY has a place to land! I also started to hear banjo music playing softly in the woods....

There was mud halfway across the dash after this.. and I had to get my ass moving cause I had a dinner show to get to! EVERYONE laughed at me when I walked into the dinner...

So I went out and bought a basically brand new GSA - this is a couple days afte I bought it :

This was tougher than it looks, everything around the water holes was ice..

A little later : (Prettiest bike there I might add! )

Getting to know the guys... gee, this is FUN! :

And then, just a few minutes later..... on a smooth, flat fireroad....
And yeah, that fucking HURT! Hardest faceplant I've taken in a loooong time... BUT, I got to put new LED lights on it now! it doesn't look like it, but that's about $1500 or so in repairs there....

This helmet was about 5 days old... but, I am Sooooo happy I had this puppy on... I'm already "follicley challenged" as it is! :

I'm smiling because no bones were sticking out!

THIS is why I ride :

Hey KMC1, I used to live in Ogden Valley, and rode around the Wasatch back roads-where is that last photo from?
Desmofan is offline   Reply With Quote