User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #16
lechien2
Lechien

Oddometer: 4
Tech Day Rookie

guys, I'm new to the site and the bike but would really like to learn some ropes. Need to replace a rear tire and help with a loose chain issue, but I can't make the second weekend of May. Do you guys do this often? I'll keep an eye on the site and maybe catch on the next one, thanks.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #17
FlyRescue
Support S&R, Get lost!

Oddometer: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechien2 View Post
guys, I'm new to the site and the bike
Hey "The Dog", a few of us saw you when you putted through the AK leather parking lot Saturday, you have an F650GS right? Both of your issues sound like safety of flight things, and I would be happy to help you out sooner than mid May. Let me know when is good for you, and we can try to meet up and clear those issues up!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #18
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechien2 View Post
guys, I'm new to the site and the bike but would really like to learn some ropes. Need to replace a rear tire and help with a loose chain issue, but I can't make the second weekend of May. Do you guys do this often? I'll keep an eye on the site and maybe catch on the next one, thanks.

Were you the one looking for the shop manual on CL recently? If so you find one?
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #19
lechien2
Lechien

Oddometer: 4
Makeup Tech Day...

Yup that was me putting, that's what I do best, kind of like a lost puppy most of the time. The rear tire has about 9K on it and looks okay, no flight risk yet but I don't need the excitement of finding out I waited too long. The chain is okay just haven't adjusted it yet (seems simple, but...)

I haven't found a manual for the G650GS yet, too new or maybe they don't do that for the 'entry' bmw-types. I did find a set of CDs that tell the detail stuff but not the little putzy stuff like how to adjust a clutch, or when to tighten a chain and the best time, electrical layout etc. junk like that.

Thanks for the responses, maybe I can hook up with someone sooner than later on these issue but I don't think they are an issue yet. But a tire changing machine now that is sweet, that's worth a six-pack to get into that shop...
Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #20
ThatGuy
Brownie

I assume you are pushing a Sertao? That being said a manual for a Dakar may work for now.
This thread maybe helpful if you hadn't seen it yet: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747861
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #21
marbee40
Some Fear is Good

Oddometer: 1,091
Valley Tech Day

SAT, MAY 12th

Mike's got a tire machine, so load em up!

Easy to find and roughly in the area of N61° 33' 13.8204", W149° 31' 0.1014". Look for a big white sign on the right side of the road that says "THE ABBEY".

See ya!

I'll be there! Will you?

(Sorry, Mike, thought you were doing it 1st weekend. I didn't read all the post thoroughly).

marbee40 screwed with this post 05-02-2012 at 05:10 PM Reason: Corrections
marbee40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #22
AKmud
Muddy Gruver

Oddometer: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbee40 View Post
SAT, MAY 12th

Doors open at 10:AM. Bring yourself, a bike if you have one, parts if you need parts changed. Even if you don't need maintenance and just wanna tell sea-stories for a few hours, c'mon up!

I ain't got a tire machine, just a plum reliable tire stand that's been successful at well over 100 changes.

Please PM for details on address/phone #. Easy to find and roughly in the area of Mile 6.2, Wasilla-Fishhook.

And don't worry...if you miss this one, FlyRescue and Friar are still open for biz-nay-nay.

See ya!

Love ya man, but I think I'll be en route to the Abbey that day.... (he has a REAL tire machine!)
AKmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #23
friar mike
IronButtGruver

Oddometer: 4,909
I didn't want to step on any toes I didn't mean to take over Marbee's get together so if you want to do tires or do something over here on another day that would be ok even the next day.
Good-Bad-Iam the guy with the gun "evil dead"
God's speed Rommel run free my dog
friar mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #24
ThatGuy
Brownie

Dual Tech Day!!!

Friar would that be a good time for me to stop by with my brake/clutch issues?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #25
marbee40
Some Fear is Good

Oddometer: 1,091
Valley Tech Day (EDIT)

SAT, MAY 12th

Mike's got a tire machine, so load em up!

Easy to find and roughly in the area of N61° 33' 13.8204", W149° 31' 0.1014". Look for a big white sign on the right side of the road that says "THE ABBEY".

See ya!

I'll be there! Will you?

(Sorry, Mike, thought you were doing it 1st weekend. I didn't read all the post thoroughly).
Old 05-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #26
Alaskajeff OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,126
I'll be there! All I really need is a valve adjustment. But I will be helping anyone who needs it.
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
2011 Verys ADV
92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
Alaskajeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #27
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbee40 View Post
Look for a big white sign on the right side of the road that says "THE ABBEY".

I’ve missed it & gone right by. Now I just watch for the three phase power lines crossing over the road.

Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #28
ThatGuy
Brownie

I'll be at the hose dragger's open house from 10-12 then head out there.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #29
ThatGuy
Brownie

Is this being held at Mike's the whole time and how in depth is the "teching"? Besides doing some electrical work (adding lights and light bar) I'm looking to be able to bleed my brakes and flush the clutch fluid.....
Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #30
friar mike
IronButtGruver

Oddometer: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Is this being held at Mike's the whole time and how in depth is the "teching"? Besides doing some electrical work (adding lights and light bar) I'm looking to be able to bleed my brakes and flush the clutch fluid.....
it depends on how much of the prework you are willing to do.
Good-Bad-Iam the guy with the gun "evil dead"
God's speed Rommel run free my dog
friar mike is offline   Reply With Quote