74 Honda MR50 - Sold and I wish I hadn't
Eldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #62
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfeldy View Post
Just ordered my first half of this system yesterday. I'm really excited to get the bike dialed in.
Sweet!

Welcome to the Kriega Krewe!

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:47 PM   #63
WillyD
Just Relax

Oddometer: 10
Ammo Cans

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm cheap, but I'll upgrade when I get serious on long travels. But weekend trips around the Ozark's back roads these work just fine for $20 each and $10 on paint.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #64
Wantajustride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post

Hello gents,

This thread - and request in particular - just popped up on my radar, so I hope you won't mind if I chime in with the requested photo of the arse-end of an Overlandered 990:

(photo credit Inmate Wantajustride. More here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...878&page=1057)

Got more shots of the system on my 2010 990, but apparently not one from the rear, it seems. Happy to share if you like.

Clearly, I might be considered a tad biased, so I'm not going to push it. But I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the Kriega set-up. And, by all means, feel free to post them in my Vendor's thread, if you'd prefer.

Cheers,

Michael
I just wanted to update Michael,

I have now had the OL 60 on my 990R almost a year and a half. A few drops here and there and the kit is holding up well. 1 drop on the pavement and a couple others on the trail.
I've done a few extended trips with the Kriega system and I think it works well. I do throw on a large capacity rear soft bag on the for additional gear.

I think some of the advantages to the Kriega system is you have 4-15L bags to load thus making it easier to keep things more organized. Other factors I considered were weight and overall width of the system. Then the fact that you have a viable way to carry extra fuel and water made it a system that made sense for my needs.
When I looked at cost vs hard luggage it was almost a wash either way.
I'll be putting the OL 60 to good use this year riding the CDR.

Michael,,Maybe you can cut me a deal on a drypack 50 system since your using my bike as one of the Kriega 990 show bikes! Just kiddin',,

WJR
"Walking thru life to an unknown destination and trying to enjoy the adventure getting there"
Wantajustride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #65
Bowser
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianuk View Post
I've got Gobi's panniers on mine at the moment which have been great but I'm now looking for a narrower set up with more space. After clouding a couple of cars this summer...

Has anyone had any experience with Vern's panniers at http://http://www.projectvnd.com
I know this is an old post, but yes have verns on my BMW and sorting out fitting for my 990, only real difficulty is that since they were originaly for the bm they have an exhaust cut out which is a bit of a pain for fitting on the 990.
Have to be the best panniers I have ever used, way better than metal mule, TT, Gobi, and Jessies. The lids open rear to front lifing up, which is great for me, I strap a bag accross the top of the panniers and seat, when I need access open up both and just lift. I personaly cant abide the Jessi style where they open to the side, means unpacking to get to them, and you have to lean over the lid to get into the panniers, (never understood that idea).
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote