User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #1621
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider

Oddometer: 271
Honda XR 650

Khoopes, I use to have a 86 Honda xr650. I never took it on a motocross track, just trails. The one thing I remember most about that bike was the lack of brakes. Hopefully the newer XR's have better brakes. Lol
Other than the brakes, I loved that bike.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #1622
Firestone
RFVC Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdirtbikerider View Post
Khoopes, I use to have a 86 Honda xr650. I never took it on a motocross track, just trails. The one thing I remember most about that bike was the lack of brakes. Hopefully the newer XR's have better brakes. Lol
Other than the brakes, I loved that bike.
The brakes on my 13 seem quite adequate, but I don't have much to compare them to.

I changed my handlebars, and although that was not the problem (wheel crooked in forks, swift kick put it back in place) I am really digging the new bars. They are aluminum pro taper CRF highs and are swept farthur forward than stock and are 1 1/4" wider also. The new geometry works much better for me and my balance is much improved.

Going to Sundog Thursday holiday riders!
13' XR650L --> TrailTech 8" Race Light, Symtec Grip Heat, Acerbis 5.8 Tank, CycleRacks Tail Rack, Corbin & Toolbag "Seat", Wolfman/Pelican, XR's Oil Temp, Moose XRR Sprocket & Chain, 4 Yr. old mod, Dave's Mod, Acerbis handguards
Firestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #1623
Mental3dge
Based

Oddometer: 69
I'll come to sundogs on Thursday, I think I might even stay the night!
Mental3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #1624
rustytigwire
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Santa time

Merry Christmas everyone.
Hope you and all your loved ones are safe and warm.
rustytigwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #1625
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider

Merry Christmas Okie Riders!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #1626
Mental3dge
Based

Oddometer: 69
Sundogs

I didn't make it out until 4 so I guess I missed you khoopes. I definitely need a dedicated dirtbike, the DR took several naps and is a huge pain to yank out of the mud. It's late but merry Christmas to all of you!
Mental3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #1627
Firestone
RFVC Adventurer

Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental3dge View Post
I didn't make it out until 4 so I guess I missed you khoopes. I definitely need a dedicated dirtbike, the DR took several naps and is a huge pain to yank out of the mud. It's late but merry Christmas to all of you!
Sorry, yes we rode and worked on bikes from about 10:30 till around 3:30, so I just missed you. Yes the XR went down two or three times it was crazy slick. It was not as bad in the afternoon as in the morning the frozen mud stuff was just melted this morning and it was like snot.

I really wasn't that you needed a dedicated dirtbike as much as the right tires. I had two other riders on moto-x bikes and one broke down the other just got tired of the mud and pulled out his 4-wheeler..

My boy was on a CRF 50 and there was so much mud his entire front wheel was a solid disk. The spokes were all full of mud.

Couple of shots:

13' XR650L --> TrailTech 8" Race Light, Symtec Grip Heat, Acerbis 5.8 Tank, CycleRacks Tail Rack, Corbin & Toolbag "Seat", Wolfman/Pelican, XR's Oil Temp, Moose XRR Sprocket & Chain, 4 Yr. old mod, Dave's Mod, Acerbis handguards
Old 12-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #1628
Firestone
RFVC Adventurer

Supposed to be beautiful tomorrow

I'm planning to ride from Blanchard area (Dibble) to:

Clemscott.. Just south of fox near hwy 76 and 53
Ardmore
Durant
Atoka
Back to Blanchard area

I will do the first two legs for sure. The last two if I don't take too long. If anybody wants to catch lunch or ride for a bit call me. 580-467-0288 I plan to leave around breakfast
Old 12-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #1629
Firestone
RFVC Adventurer

Lunch

Bills Fish house lone grove, OK
Old 12-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #1630
kobyp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Been there many times, good stuff
kobyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #1631
durtrider
adventure sow

Oddometer: 663
Christmas Ride

I loaded up and drove down to SE Okla for the DayafterChristmasride and had a blast! We started out the day in the fog, but when we got up on top of the mountains it was clear skies!

From up on the mountain at "Darrels Lookout" this is what is normally looks like

And this is what it looked like above the fog

The temps were in the high 20's when we started but climbed to the mid 50's by the end of the day. The only cold part of the ride was the first run to the top. Here is a shot of Darrel and Craig:

And here is my son Kagen. He's been off to college and this was his first ride in several months. He's a happy camper!

We rode single track for 2 days and it was freakin awesome! i didn't get any shots of the really good stuff because I was too busy riding. This is one of the only shots of a wider part of the trail. I was trying to capture the sun beaming in from behind but it didn't come out right.

As a Heads UP, we are going to be offering a guided ride service in SE Oklahoma for Dual Sport bikes starting this early spring. If any of you are interested shoot me a pm. We will set a date in early spring for 12 riders, and it will be with the bigger tagged bikes like KLR's and GS 800's. It will be a 2 night, 3 day ride of mostly back roads, fire and logging roads, and some mild two track. Of course there will also be the hero sections if anyone wants to attempt them! Lodging and food will be provided. Again, shoot me a message for more info and pricing if you're interested.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #1632
kobyp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
PM sent
kobyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #1633
Firestone
RFVC Adventurer

Great shots

Nice I wish we had been with you. Sundog was too muddy. I may be interested in a ride early summer but march-April ill probably be overseas makin a buck.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #1634
redleger
Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by durtrider View Post
I loaded up and drove down to SE Okla for the DayafterChristmasride and had a blast! We started out the day in the fog, but when we got up on top of the mountains it was clear skies!

From up on the mountain at "Darrels Lookout" this is what is normally looks like

And this is what it looked like above the fog

The temps were in the high 20's when we started but climbed to the mid 50's by the end of the day. The only cold part of the ride was the first run to the top. Here is a shot of Darrel and Craig:

And here is my son Kagen. He's been off to college and this was his first ride in several months. He's a happy camper!

We rode single track for 2 days and it was freakin awesome! i didn't get any shots of the really good stuff because I was too busy riding. This is one of the only shots of a wider part of the trail. I was trying to capture the sun beaming in from behind but it didn't come out right.

As a Heads UP, we are going to be offering a guided ride service in SE Oklahoma for Dual Sport bikes starting this early spring. If any of you are interested shoot me a pm. We will set a date in early spring for 12 riders, and it will be with the bigger tagged bikes like KLR's and GS 800's. It will be a 2 night, 3 day ride of mostly back roads, fire and logging roads, and some mild two track. Of course there will also be the hero sections if anyone wants to attempt them! Lodging and food will be provided. Again, shoot me a message for more info and pricing if you're interested.
I wish I could find a service similar for smaller dual sports. I need to get out on my Drz.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #1635
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider

Wicked

durtrider, thanks for posting about the ride. Looks like a lot of Fun! That's my favorite part of Oklahoma. pm sent