Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #1756
Mental3dge
Based

Oddometer: 65
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKDQ View Post
In a word, Great! Rear tire felt like it was in constant contact with the ground no matter how rough the terrain. After riding it for quite a while, I realized I wasn't thinking about how the bike was going to handle a hard hit or a section of whoops because it was, as they say, soaking up the hits! Really pleased with the set up and the bike as a whole now. Next up, Rekluse!
I thought you wanted both tires off the ground as often as possible .
Mental3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #1757
durtrider
adventure sow

Oddometer: 652
Riders are awesome folks...

So today I enter the interstate in traffic, and in the far left lane a couple of sport bikes go by. I crank the throttle and fall in behind them. The three of us were cooking along in perfect formation at a pretty good clip for 10 miles or so, going from lane to lane working around the cages. I'm keeping pace, but staying in the back out of respect. I mean, I didn't know these guys from Adam and here I had joined their party! But the middle guy gives me the thumbs up. Maybe they didn't expect that a big ass dirt bike would be able to keep up with them.

Then we come up on a split. I'm thinking they are both going to go right, and it turns out only the lead rider breaks off. He doesn't wave, which makes me think neither one of these guys knew each other after all!

Me and the other guy keep in formation for about another 5 miles, then my exit comes up. I pull up next to him to wave. He waves back, salutes, and we part ways.

Just a random ride. Awesome.
durtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #1758
Dirt2007
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,668
It is fun playing with the sportbikes, especially the squids.
Dirt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:10 AM   #1759
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,837
I think we all do that when we see the chance. I followed a couple of Harleys from north of Edmond to Midwest City one day, I was about ready to drop way off because we were really cutting through traffic. (But I didn't ) They were together but I got the feeling one of them was friendly, the other not so much, something about not being able to shake something looking like a dirt bike (800GS) I supposed.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:37 AM   #1760
Firestone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytigwire View Post
Except Firestone, you can do the cold thang. Nice sticker job on the tank.
Woodzrider you beat me by five minutes, OKDQ suspension report?
Are still out there enjoying the new set-up.......
Haha, I wear my longjohns EVERY day..

It was 21 this morning. Much easier than the 9 ride. I don't think I'll do that again anytime soon.

Have any of you guys shopped for gloves at cycle gear? I have been looking all over the place for good middleweight waterproof riding gloves and about all I can find is.. Nothing.
RIDE RED 2013 XR650L. Acerbis-Valdez, Renthal RC High, TCI Windshield, Symtec Heat Demon Grip Heaters, Wolfman Racks and Packs, SW-Motech Tail + Pelican, Rotopax Mounts, Laminar Lip, XR's Only Thermometer.
Firestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #1761
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post

It was 21 this morning. Much easier than the 9 ride. I don't think I'll do that again anytime soon.

Have any of you guys shopped for gloves at cycle gear? I have been looking all over the place for good middleweight waterproof riding gloves and about all I can find is.. Nothing.
Good and waterproof don't really go together when it comes to motorcycle gloves...or so it seems to me. Check out webbike world for reviews of waterproof gloves, good luck on your quest!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #1762
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post

Does anyone buy anything from Cycle Gear anymore? I stopped in there last week looking for a balaclava, didn't see anything I liked. This has been my experience with them since they came out with that Bilt brand.
I do have a "dual sport" Bilt helmet that I wear on shorter rides but I don't like it for all day wear.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Old 01-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #1763
Firestone
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKDQ View Post
Good and waterproof don't really go together when it comes to motorcycle gloves...or so it seems to me. Check out webbike world for reviews of waterproof gloves, good luck on your quest!
I've been lookign at these:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rukka-vauhti-gloves

But I want to try someting on in person.
RIDE RED 2013 XR650L. Acerbis-Valdez, Renthal RC High, TCI Windshield, Symtec Heat Demon Grip Heaters, Wolfman Racks and Packs, SW-Motech Tail + Pelican, Rotopax Mounts, Laminar Lip, XR's Only Thermometer.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #1764
rustytigwire
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Cycle Gear

CG has a lot of gloves but all similar. short tight cuffs and a gauntlet that MIGHT fit over a thin long sleeve dress shirt cuff. oh and check the prices! does it cost that much to waterproof a shipping container??
Good place to do hands on for the stuff that they do have though for a noob like me to go look see feel. I got my Fox body armor there.
My glove search will continue elsewhere.
For the same money First Gear glove page is interesting...

rustytigwire screwed with this post 01-27-2014 at 12:51 PM
rustytigwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #1765
Firestone
Gnarly Adventurer

That's kind of what I thought. Does anybody feel like we've gone full circle? 100 years ago people ordered stuff by mail because the local stores could not stock much. Montgomery Ward, Sears Roebuck became big names. Then the mail order business got slow.. Economy was good and stores popped up everywhere. Big brand names made in America built expensive but top quality gear.

Now, back to the future. Good stuff is only available in select places and usually must be "mail ordered" from the intranet.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #1766
OKlr
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Does anyone buy anything from Cycle Gear anymore? I stopped in there last week looking for a balaclava, didn't see anything I liked. This has been my experience with them since they came out with that Bilt brand.
I do have a "dual sport" Bilt helmet that I wear on shorter rides but I don't like it for all day wear.

i complained to the regional manager about the overwhelming bilt brand on the shelves and not having any of the competitors. He basicly said there was nothing he could do. If something doesn't sell they don't keep it on the shelves. He said that the bilt stuff sells.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:52 AM   #1767
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer: 1,893
I signed up for the Grand Tour of Oklahoma last Saturday.

Last yearI did all but the north western part of the Oklahoma Adventure Trail. It should be renamed the Oklahoma Ride. I only encountered about 100 yards of trail the whole time. Most of it was droning along with no real destination. Lots of dead ends and locked gates.

Lots of backtracking too.

This seems like a much better endeavor.

Grand Tour | Del City Oklahoma Honda Suzuki

I have my waypoints entered in the gps and routes planned. It would be easy to include many dirt roads in these loops. The loops are 5 to 6 hundred miles each and I will probably do each one in a weekend. There are 5 loops.

mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #1768
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKlr View Post
i complained to the regional manager about the overwhelming bilt brand on the shelves and not having any of the competitors. He basicly said there was nothing he could do. If something doesn't sell they don't keep it on the shelves. He said that the bilt stuff sells.
Yeah, I know it's out of the local stores control, I wonder if they pass comments up the chain that "we" would like better quality stuff to chose from.
But if the bilt brand keeps their doors open and they do stock some better stuff I suppose that's better for us than them closing their doors.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Old 01-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #1769
OKlr
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Yeah, I know it's out of the local stores control, I wonder if they pass comments up the chain that "we" would like better quality stuff to chose from.
But if the bilt brand keeps their doors open and they do stock some better stuff I suppose that's better for us than them closing their doors.

the good thing about cg is because of the return policy you could basicly see anything you wanted on the shelves. just have to front the money to get it there (order it) and then say it didn't meet your expectations once you look at it.

I was planning on doing just that when i go to get new boots. My A* tech 3 boots are near the end of their life.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #1770
rustytigwire
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
OKlr Tech 3

I think thats what I have, hard to learn to like them. Size 10.5, Interested?
rustytigwire is offline   Reply With Quote