Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #2146
450kid
XC racer

Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodzrider View Post
Kid-You mentioned you used to race OCCRA. When was that I raced OCCRA from 1995 to about 2002 or so.
I raced in 2005 and 2006, and then hit a couple sparingly after that.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #2147
woodzrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
DRAPER (crosstimbers Sunday)?

Wellllllllll-I gotta work tomorrow so it looks like it will be sunday for me at draper. I'll be there by 9am if anybody is interested........
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500314
Baja report http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641219
woodzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:34 AM   #2148
Mental3dge
Based

Oddometer: 66
Draper

I'll be at Draper around 10ish on a DR, if you see large white vans I'll be posted up near one of them.
Edit: Ok, later than 10ish, the broken cord on my rear tire finally gave so I'm sitting at Ajax waiting for a ride to draper xD, should have addressed the issue sooner but I do have fresh tires waiting at the house.

Mental3dge screwed with this post 05-31-2014 at 08:01 AM
Mental3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #2149
redleger
Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
For you guys who are serious about riding I would highly encourage you to attend one of these classes; Hallet Their only requirement is good tires and no fluid leaks.

This will probably double your confidence, safety and ability to navigate your bike properly.

If you think you are too cool or advanced to take this course you are probably the most in need of it.

I already have a commitment for that day but if any one wants to attend from OKC I have a trailer for two and would be happy to beg off my commitment in order to help some one become a much better rider. This stuff is life saving in my opinion.

I would recommend at least 2 weeks of motorcycle experience or 100 miles minimum.

This could be the best money you ever spent.
Got any leads on a good dirt course? I have been googleing it a lot and can find none around here.

Sent from my galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:15 AM   #2150
450kid
XC racer

Hey mental, it was nice meeting you guys out at Draper Saturday. Hope the bike treated you well, and hope the JD kit makes it right!

Here's the link to part 1 of several helmet cam clips I took on the blue trail riding the 690 with my brother behind on his KLX450.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:37 PM   #2151
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450kid View Post
Hey mental, it was nice meeting you guys out at Draper Saturday. Hope the bike treated you well, and hope the JD kit makes it right!

Here's the link to part 1 of several helmet cam clips I took on the blue trail riding the 690 with my brother behind on his KLX450.

That's cool... i've always wondered what that place was like.
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #2152
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Crosstimbers...

I was looking the place up online... what does the color of the trail signify if anything?
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #2153
450kid
XC racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
I was looking the place up online... what does the color of the trail signify if anything?
It's just an identifier for the trail mostly. The red, blue, and black trails are motorcycle only and mostly single track. The black trail is the only one that's very difficult. The green is open to quads, and the shortest in length, and the fastest to ride. It's a pretty nice place to ride. One way trails, and luckily at least most people I've seen actually observe at least that rule.

I put up two more parts of the trail on youtube last night. I'll be putting a few more parts up throughout the week when I have time.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #2154
Mental3dge
Based

Oddometer: 66
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450kid View Post

It was nice meeting you too, that bike treats me a lot better than the mule does on the trail. I'll pull the carb off and get everything cleaned up when the kit arrives, should be good as gold afterwards.
Mental3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #2155
Somber
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
A bit more info: almost everyone starts at the same place, I am sure some people go around back and cut into the trail to avoid buying or showing a permit, but the formal/official start of the all the long trails at Crosstimbers is shared. After a short jaunt you can pick Green or Red. Most people find Green the least intimidating because it is open to ATVs (though not side-by-side UTVs) so you have more room to feel like you can have an oops and not be in the trees. Others don't like it as much because it is designed more for ATVs and doesn't always offer clear lines for where to position the bike. Red is longer single track, and it flows pretty well throughout. When you complete the full Red trail you have the option to tie back in and run a fair amount of the Green trail on the way back to the entrance/exit.

About 2/3rds of the way through the Red trail you can split off to the Black. Black is marked "expert" and it is the most challenging as previously stated above.

About half way around Green there is a Grass Track that runs around a smaller circuit in a big clearing in the woods that motorcycles and ATVs all can use. Some folks short cut out to this area and blitz around in this area a bit then short cut back out again, nothing like a motocross track but very different from the other trails. Just after the Grass Track on the Green you can split onto the Blue. The Blue isn't really much harder than Red, but it isn't ridden as much and it is more varied, some very slow tighter sections, some flat (no banking) turns, bit more up/down mixed into the tighter turns in places.

Blue reconnects back into Green in an area where there are some jumps and bigger whoops in a section you can turn out into that some guys practice on. Then Green leads back to the exit.

In general the trails are pretty well marked, and there are many short cuts offered throughout the trails if you are getting tired or losing light.

On my way home from work I typically run all of Red, followed by a run around the Grass Track, and then finish Green. On the weekends I mix it up and hit blue more. I don't usually mess with Black personally because I enjoy the other trails enough and can challenge myself on them by increasing pace, where I find the Black Trail to be tiring for a rider of my meager skills.

Hope this helps
Somber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #2156
woodzrider
Studly Adventurer

Posted this in flea market! Hate that I have to do this.....
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983252
Old 06-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #2157
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Posted this in flea market! Hate that I have to do this.....
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983252
Great bike, sure wish I knew someone in the market for one, but I don't right now. I'm sure it will sell quick, sorry you need to move it out.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #2158
Firestone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Nice Woods what are you going to next?
Old 06-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #2159
woodzrider
Studly Adventurer

Gotta heal up first and take stock of long term damages.
Looking at either a 990/1190 or a starbucks special (800).
Old 06-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #2160
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,891
Quote:
Gotta heal up first and take stock of long term damages.
Looking at either a 990/1190 or a starbucks special (800).

My starbucks special but with an aux tank so you can make it to the starbucks in LittleRock easy is for sale. Make you a really good deal.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote