Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #466
RogerWilco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsnowball View Post
This Saturday...............good ride for a good cause. Any OKC guys/gals and those west want to join in on the fun?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ight=snotcicle
What is your game plan?
RogerWilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #467
gmsnowball
Black Bear Pass

Oddometer: 882
Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWilco View Post
What is your game plan?
Plan..................I have no plan. If I go by myself I will blast up on I40 to Henyretta then to the Creek Nation Turnpike and over to Inola. I will probably leave SE OKC around 9:00-9:30am

Spanky said we may hook up if we take hwy 62. Check the snotcicle post for late details. Maybe more from OKC will join in.

12 Super Tenere
gmsnowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #468
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 582
Quote:
Weather is going to be great. 65 and sunny. It just doesn't get any better than that for mid January.

The horses will love the gifts and the food is fantastic...
You're breaking my heart! i need to go on a ride, just can't do it this weekend... hope some you all go and have fun...
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #469
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider

Oddometer: 265
Just got all my parts in for the Ktuum. Going to start by removing emissions system
And decat mufflers. Then start on the carbs.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #470
gmsnowball
Black Bear Pass

Wicked Ahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
You're breaking my heart! i need to go on a ride, just can't do it this weekend... hope some you all go and have fun...
There were over 25 riders that donated allot of goodies and almost $2,500 in cash. Good day for a ride.

12 Super Tenere
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #471
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer: 1,896
headed to Baytown

Heading to Bayton Texas for some day trips around the coast this week. Blood sugar is thru the roof and I need some R&R. First excursion will be from Galveston to Beaumont along the beach, I need some ocean wind in my face along with some good seafood.
I am amazed what stress does to diabetes. un-stressing is in order!

regards
john
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #472
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
Heading to Bayton Texas for some day trips around the coast this week. Blood sugar is thru the roof and I need some R&R. First excursion will be from Galveston to Beaumont along the beach, I need some ocean wind in my face along with some good seafood.
I am amazed what stress does to diabetes. un-stressing is in order!

regards
john

Baytown? I went to HS there.

Not too long ago!

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #473
gmsnowball
Black Bear Pass

Eek Not too long ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Baytown? I went to HS there.

Not too long ago!

Not too long ago... I guess if you compare it with the Roman ruins ....

12 Super Tenere
Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #474
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 582
SLAP Rally in May

Anyone been to the Slap rally? I'll post the link down below. I am really thinking of going, but the forum site is a bit overwhelming. Wondering if anyone could break it down into basic terms for a dumb okie like me?

Anyone from the city thinking of going?

I have been to a couple of similar rallies like this and every one of them has been a blast. Usually they break up into small groups for the rides and i'm guessing that Slap is the same.

My goals this year are to hit a couple of rallies, do the Oklahoma Loop... and maybe a big trip to Colorado.

SLAP LINK
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #475
gmsnowball
Black Bear Pass

slap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
Anyone been to the Slap rally? I'll post the link down below. I am really thinking of going, but the forum site is a bit overwhelming. Wondering if anyone could break it down into basic terms for a dumb okie like me?

Anyone from the city thinking of going?

I have been to a couple of similar rallies like this and every one of them has been a blast. Usually they break up into small groups for the rides and i'm guessing that Slap is the same.

My goals this year are to hit a couple of rallies, do the Oklahoma Loop... and maybe a big trip to Colorado.

SLAP LINK
SLAP is a fun dual sport rally. There are rides for all skill levels from single track to pavement. Good group of guys and gals that come from all over. Food is great as well. This year SLAP will be at a new location but it will be fun... I know the Tulsa crew will be there in force and there are usually several from the OKC area as well.

The Hillbilly Dual Sport ride in Eureka Springs is also a good ride with good folks. There is information about this ride on the Back Road Touring Kansas web site and advrider. There is a group of Super Tenere's going to Colorado in June. Clayton Lake has a good ride in October every year that you might like as well.

12 Super Tenere

gmsnowball screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 08:06 PM
Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #476
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Quote:
Not too long ago... I guess if you compare it with the Roman ruins ....
Spent today resting ad trying to get my blood sugar level down. Going for a ride tomorrow. My wife grew up here and graduated HS along with her 3 brothers. They are the Dickersons. It was in the 80's today and felt great.

bought a verizon prepaid hot spot to day for internet. It is working great.

Visited the Trophy barber shop in downtown BT today. A good place to go if you want to see about every animal in the world mounted on the wall. I hope no one wants to do the same to me some day. Debbie who cut my hair spent about an hour telling me her life story. TMI but I guess she just wanted to talk and I didn't look like I had anything else to do. She did give me a good buzz cut that I have been wanting, wife wasn't too impressed.

pictures tomorrow.
john in Baytown.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #477
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
Spent today resting ad trying to get my blood sugar level down. Going for a ride tomorrow. My wife grew up here and graduated HS along with her 3 brothers. They are the Dickersons. It was in the 80's today and felt great.

bought a verizon prepaid hot spot to day for internet. It is working great.

Visited the Trophy barber shop in downtown BT today. A good place to go if you want to see about every animal in the world mounted on the wall. I hope no one wants to do the same to me some day. Debbie who cut my hair spent about an hour telling me her life story. TMI but I guess she just wanted to talk and I didn't look like I had anything else to do. She did give me a good buzz cut that I have been wanting, wife wasn't too impressed.

pictures tomorrow.
john in Baytown.

Have to compare Baytown notes someday. Don't remember any Dickersons. Got a few haircuts in the Trophy barber shop when I was in high school, it was full of trophys then, had elephant feet ash trays. One of my best friends ended up being a barber there for many years until he had a fatal heart attack about 4 years ago.

Used to ride my cushman all over town on weekends. Gas up for a quarter and ride all day. Lived way out in the country off a little 2 lane road called Garth Road, just a few houses and 1 stop sign between town and I-10

The loop through Galveston, across the ferry east and back around should be a good ride, after you get past the first 35 miles or so.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #478
mars
Starbucks anyone?

When I used to work for Real Stories of the Highway Patrol we spent days driving the topless beaches east of Bolivar. It was a gold mine for tv reality show stories. That was last century.
Blood sugar was still high this morning (275) and my medicine arrived. Thanks Rukes Pharmacy. Eyesight is already clearer and the grogginess is lifting. Taking wife to move this afternoon and will take a ride tomorrow. The weather is perfect in the 70's. I am in real need of a new doctor in the OKC area if any one has a recommendation please pm.
later.
john in Baytown.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:55 AM   #479
mars
Starbucks anyone?

blood sugar was 380 last night it has dropped back down to 240's this morning, hopefully the new medicine is working. I was going to head back to OKC if it was over 300.
Ride this morning, I have got to get back on a bike. The last ride I took was a 20 minute sprint race at Miller Motorsports in 2011. Clipping along at the speed limit seems to be what is in order, everything else is falling apart.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #480
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Great ride to Galveston yesterday, ended up spending the afternoon chatting with some locals at the Starbucks on the Strand. Ferry ride was 2 hour wait and bikes don't go to the front . Clutch started slipping, I figured out the previous owner had put the wrong clutch lever on. A little quick adjustment made it work.
Blood sugar was down to 197 today. Took another trip to Pasadena to Cycle Gear, that was the one lever they didn't have so it's off to Stubs cycle tomorrow. The DRZ is a great urban bike.
Off to get my passport updated tomorrow. Still planning a trip to Mexico this year.
later.
john in Baytown