Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #901
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chuck View Post
I heard that, too, they were going to picket some little boy's funeral? I know Fallin signed a law Monday restricting picketing funerals, so we shall see what happens. I know a lot of people are preparing to be there in case there needs to be a blockade or something. Two or three families make up that nutball group...hardly what I would dignify by calling a church, considering their actions, lol.
Given the state of emotions in central Oklahoma right now I would fear for my life if I was in the area with that group.

It's really sad because there are many other church groups that have traveled a long way to come here with all kinds of help.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #902
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 411
True, Bill. Last night we sent a bunch of packets with my son to our church and they were setting various things aside for Shawnee, Carney/Harrah, and Moore. Plenty of places to be recipients. Glad you were ok.

When I was in college back in 77 a carload of us were coming back from Spring Break in Florida, and as we got just east of where the Honda place is now located, I started seeing the funnel cloud lowering. I'd been around tornados so I knew what was happening but couldn't stop, so I floored that little Renault LeCar...the perfect car in a storm, not :). I was going about 90, maxed out, and we just tucked in past the cloud as it got down to the road, but it slowed me down to about 45 and tore off the CB antenna and bulged up the little vinyl moon roof like a hot air balloon above me. I saw cars and trucks going off the road behind us, and then the suction seemed to ease and we picked up speed, man that was close, lol. I hold that part of I-40 in special regard when I pass through there :).
Old 05-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #903
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer: 1,897
I am getting out of town for the weekend. Hopefully I wont have to deal with any tornado.

Moore tornado survivor horse from john marshall on Vimeo.

mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #904
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 411
Have a great time :).

Only an Okie would have gotten this video...well, maybe some Aggie down by Lubbock...

http://petapixel.com/2013/05/22/man-...nado-up-close/
Old 05-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #905
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538
New Tire

Look what brown delivered to my door today. Anxious to get them mounted up and give'em a try, if only I had some spare time right now.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #906
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKDQ View Post
Look what brown delivered to my door today. Anxious to get them mounted up and give'em a try, if only I had some spare time right now.

I've been eyeballing those tires... i'll be curious to know what you think, once you have a chance to ride them...
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #907
Dirt2007
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKDQ View Post

Those will look great on the Goldwing. Are they as pricey as the karoo2?
Dirt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #908
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
OK Adventure Trail in JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thum b

A couple of inmates and I are going to ride the Oklahoma Adventure Trail on June 14th, 15th and 16th (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

The goal is to try and ride the eastern half of the trail, until we have to head home to go to work on Monday.

Will be camping along the way, but because i don't know where we will be at the end of the day, I can't say where… but Oklahoma has no shortage of state parks.
We will ride at a steady pace not racing, i don't think the roads will be challenging except maybe in the far eastern section…
Will probably just eat out of stores or restaurants, but you are welcome to do what ever… a person could probably even stay in a hotel and meet up in the morning…

The plan is to meet at Lake McMurtry at the campgrounds on the west side of the lake Thursday evening after work or Friday morning if you live near by. Then we will hit the section starting at Perry and work our way east.

EVERY ONE is welcome to come along…

We will ride at a steady pace not racing, i don't think the roads will be challenging except maybe in the far eastern section…

Oklahoma Adventure Trail Link

Who all is coming?

If you have any questions PM me…

Also, if you can't start on Friday, you can always meet up with us on which ever day you can.
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #909
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt2007 View Post
Those will look great on the Goldwing. Are they as pricey as the karoo2?
Pretty pricey, $200 for the size I ordered 150/70-17, but I think they'll be well worth it when I get that Goldwing going down the highway 90 mph they'll be smooth as silk
Old 05-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #910
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

I'll go, assuming I can get off work by then,but I'm not going to hold my breath. Right now just a tad busy in a little town called Moore - you may have heard of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post

A couple of inmates and I are going to ride the Oklahoma Adventure Trail on June 14th, 15th and 16th (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

The goal is to try and ride the eastern half of the trail, until we have to head home to go to work on Monday.

Will be camping along the way, but because i don't know where we will be at the end of the day, I can't say where… but Oklahoma has no shortage of state parks.
Will probably just eat out of stores or restaurants, but you are welcome to do what ever… a person could probably even stay in a hotel and meet up in the morning…

The plan is to meet at Lake McMurtry at the campgrounds on the west side of the lake Thursday evening after work or Friday morning if you live near by. Then we will hit the section starting at Perry and work our way east.

Who all is coming?

Also, if you can't start on Friday, you can always meet up with us on which ever day you can.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #911
woodzrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
Quote:

Who all is coming?

I would love to go along but, I'm heading to Silverton the end of June and I have a fifth wheel to get watertight before then. As far as camping gear, all I have anymore is a sleeping bag. I gave away all my gear when I got the toyhauler. I'm looking into a good tent to tie on my bike.

Robert
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500314
Baja report http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641219
woodzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #912
OneMoreTime
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Out of town

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
I am getting out of town for the weekend. Hopefully I wont have to deal with any tornado.

Moore tornado survivor horse from john marshall on Vimeo.
Have fun and hopefully no more tornadoes, that horse went thru hell.
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #913
OneMoreTime
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
ride

Quote:

Who all is coming?

Would love to go but June is always my busiest month of the year.
So have fun and have a cold one for me.
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #914
RedPhoenix
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Thumb

Hey all. If you're looking for a place to ride (or ride to) next weekend, Oklahoma Cross Country Racing Association (OCCRA) is having a cross country race at Fry Lake. This track is between Seminole and Wewoka on Highway 9. We'd love to see some ADVers out as riders or spectators. Heck, come out for the whole weekend! Camping is free and we love new people in our family-friendly atmosphere. Fry Lake is a very cool property to race or just explore with lots of spectator access. We also have a "Trail Rider" class that would be great for folks that would just like to come out and try a new riding area that isn't usually accessible to the public. The Trail Rider class races at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday in the "B Race (with me!)." Here's the flyer and a link to the page that describes the round. You can also contact me if you have any questions...I'm an OCCRA officer (Webmaster).

2013 Round 7 @ Fry Lake Info

And a few others...
RedPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #915
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
Hey all. If you're looking for a place to ride (or ride to) next weekend, Oklahoma Cross Country Racing Association (OCCRA) is having a cross country race at Fry Lake. This track is between Seminole and Wewoka on Highway 9. We'd love to see some ADVers out as riders or spectators. Heck, come out for the whole weekend! Camping is free and we love new people in our family-friendly atmosphere. Fry Lake is a very cool property to race or just explore with lots of spectator access. We also have a "Trail Rider" class that would be great for folks that would just like to come out and try a new riding area that isn't usually accessible to the public. The Trail Rider class races at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday in the "B Race (with me!)." Here's the flyer and a link to the page that describes the round. You can also contact me if you have any questions...I'm an OCCRA officer (Webmaster).

2013 Round 7 @ Fry Lake Info

That sounds like fun.
mars is offline   Reply With Quote