Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #1066
Behindbars
Let's Ride

Oddometer: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
Are you carrying the tire on your bike? I saw you were in Alpine Tx. looking for a tire too. The local shops are going to be your best bet this weekend.
Yea I was on my Concours then. I'll be on my 950 Super Enduro Saturday and I'll have the new tire with me.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #1067
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 391
Ah! Should be easier to come up with a name, then! What time Saturday will you be coming through?

Wedman Motorsports (405) 440-1900 Sat. open until 1 PM 50 dollars cash. I called, they will work you in, need a few minutes lead time. See Mike

Cycle Gear (405) 842-0111 Sat. 9-6. 30 bucks if you pull the wheel off first.

Maxey's Honda (405) 946-0558 Sat 9-2 for tires. $44front, $55rear, 7 bucks state fees. See Corey in service.

Have to go to a mtg, will try to pull more info later
Old 06-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #1068
OKlr
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 729
can't really go wrong with ajax, performance, house of kawasaki, or maxeys
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #1069
Behindbars
Let's Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chuck View Post
Ah! Should be easier to come up with a name, then! What time Saturday will you be coming through?

Wedman Motorsports (405) 440-1900 Sat. open until 1 PM 50 dollars cash. I called, they will work you in, need a few minutes lead time. See Mike

Cycle Gear (405) 842-0111 Sat. 9-6. 30 bucks if you pull the wheel off first.

Maxey's Honda (405) 946-0558 Sat 9-2 for tires. $44front, $55rear, 7 bucks state fees. See Corey in service.

Have to go to a mtg, will try to pull more info later
Dang Ricky Chuck. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #1070
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Didn't have time to call ajax or performance, lol, I know my friend likes Performance, not sure of their Saturday hours, etc

UPDATE: apparently someone called Performance and got the info. Possibly same thing with Ajax, let us know if you need more info, going to lunch :).

Ricky Chuck screwed with this post 06-12-2013 at 09:16 AM
Ricky Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #1071
Behindbars
Let's Ride

Thumb

Quote:
Didn't have time to call ajax or performance, lol, I know my friend likes Performance, not sure of their Saturday hours, etc

UPDATE: apparently someone called Performance and got the info. Possibly same thing with Ajax, let us know if you need more info, going to lunch :).
I called performance. I'll give them a try. Price was about the same. Thanks guys.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #1072
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

If you know about what time you will be there, let us know, we'll come gawk at your bike :)
Old 06-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #1073
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider

Oddometer: 252
Wink Tires

I just had Ajax motorcycle shop put on a set of Conti Twinduros on my Ktm 950 Sm. price was about average

06 KTM 950 Sm
10 Husaberg FE 390
mrdirtbikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #1074
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Hey that is a good segue into a couple of questions I have. I've always run touring or performance tires on my bikes, for example Pilot Roads, etc. I am thinking about taking a trip up to Nevada for several days, bash around Rachel, look around, try to find some old girlfriends near Area 51, lol, and normally I would not hesitate to go on my Roads, but the other night I had a rear tire slide out from under me on a right turn at a stop sign, I rode it out and straightened back up without sticking out my fool leg, but it was a wakeup call, because the sand from water runoff was almost like glare ice.

Anyway, where I am going I've been told the roads can get dusty, and possibly I will want to go down some dirt roads on my R1150R, so was wondering about some tires with more of an all-season tread on them than these Road 1 tires, which have been great tires for me, but I'm wondering if some more all-season type tread would have alleviated that slide-out.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #1075
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,748
Quote:
Hey that is a good segue into a couple of questions I have. I've always run touring or performance tires on my bikes, for example Pilot Roads, etc. I am thinking about taking a trip up to Nevada for several days, bash around Rachel, look around, try to find some old girlfriends near Area 51, lol, and normally I would not hesitate to go on my Roads, but the other night I had a rear tire slide out from under me on a right turn at a stop sign, I rode it out and straightened back up without sticking out my fool leg, but it was a wakeup call, because the sand from water runoff was almost like glare ice.

Anyway, where I am going I've been told the roads can get dusty, and possibly I will want to go down some dirt roads on my R1150R, so was wondering about some tires with more of an all-season tread on them than these Road 1 tires, which have been great tires for me, but I'm wondering if some more all-season type tread would have alleviated that slide-out.
I kinda think full knobbies would slide out on sand on pavement.
I've ran Pilot Roads on the R1100R I used to ride, rode it on dirt and gravel roads in several western states with no problem. But never Nevada. Just watch out for sand. And mud.

GL1800
FZ-1
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #1076
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Bill, thinking more about that stuff, you are probably right. I was thinking at first the sand may have been pushed up into the tread a little more if it was more open and let the rubber get to the pavement, but not sure if that would have been the outcome, maybe just a fluke. I know these Roads have a lot of solid rubber on the ground, may just peruse for some more open tread rubber if I don't get convinced it will not provide some more bite in wet/loose media. I realize knobbies would be better in loose, but I don't think there is much out there for an R in that kind, lol...although I've never checked
Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #1077
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Bill, thinking more about that stuff, you are probably right. I was thinking at first the sand may have been pushed up into the tread a little more if it was more open and let the rubber get to the pavement, but not sure if that would have been the outcome, maybe just a fluke. I know these Roads have a lot of solid rubber on the ground, may just peruse for some more open tread rubber if I don't get convinced it will not provide some more bite in wet/loose media. I realize knobbies would be better in loose, but I don't think there is much out there for an R in that kind, lol...although I've never checked
Or maybe it's me, I get almost paranoid riding pavement after hard rains because of the sand and gravel washed out onto the pavement.
But I don't think any tire will really handle that stuff.

GL1800
FZ-1
Old 06-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #1078
Shov3BR
Tinkerer

Oddometer: 263
Pissed #*@&*@ K60 Tire

I was unable to get that K60 mounted on the homemade tubeless rim. Got to within 20 of getting it on but couldn't get that last little bit. I tried everything short of unnatural acts to no avail.
I'll see if Ajax can mount it tomorrow but doubt that they can do it on such short notice. I have good rubber on the MEFO SE so it won't keep me from riding. It's just that I wanted to put some miles on that rim to be sure it held air.
-Shov

'11 KTM 990 ADV Dakar, '08 KTM 690 Enduro, '09 H-D Road King, '82 H-D FXRS (Shovelhead)
Shov3BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #1079
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shov3BR View Post
I was unable to get that K60 mounted on the homemade tubeless rim. Got to within 20 of getting it on but couldn't get that last little bit. I tried everything short of unnatural acts to no avail.
I'll see if Ajax can mount it tomorrow but doubt that they can do it on such short notice. I have good rubber on the MEFO SE so it won't keep me from riding. It's just that I wanted to put some miles on that rim to be sure it held air.
-Shov
If i wasn't working tomorrow i'd show up with my spoons...

I have been telling everyone to show up at your house tomorrow, for the OAT ride... plan is to meet up with you before heading to Lake McMurtry...
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #1080
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shov3BR View Post
-Shov
Are you trying to spoon that on the Road King or the Shovelhead?

GL1800
FZ-1