User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #1156
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
About OKC Cycle Gear

I went in there tonight to pick up an oil filter and noticed that there was only one person working, and he was someone I had seen before...

Anyway, you could tell he knew his stuff, and he was hustling being the only one working... i asked him how long he had been working there, and he said he was from a store down in Houston, and was up in the city to help out...

So what is the story with the place and there high turn over?
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #1157
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
Ok... I'll try to explain, If you are heading south on the trail...
There is a section that heads south off of Highway 63, for a short bit then turns to the west... this is all good. At some point you will come to highway 259 and cross over at three sticks monument... this part is ok also...

After crossing over 259 at Three Sticks Monument and going 7.4 miles the route wants to turn south, and after going down the south section 2 or 3 miles you will find the route gated off... so don't go south there....

I think the idea to try and scout out is to keep going west and not turn south... So keep going down Co RD 254/Co Rd D1650, and it will turn into the infamous K Trail.... If it is open ... from the point on the original route when you would have turned south you keep going another 15.8 miles down the K trail and then you should hit Indian Highway and from there you will head south to highway 144 then go east to highway 259 and you will be back on the trail...

I should be free after about 10 am... so text or call if you have any questions and I will help however i can...

What is not known is if the K trail is still open... if not you will need to ride back to 259 and go south to hit the trail...
So you were talking South on 4675
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #1158
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
So you were talking South on 4675
yes 4675 is closed....
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #1159
Hack'dTiger
n00b schn00b

Oddometer: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
....you keep going another 15.8 miles down the K trail and then you should hit Indian Highway and from there you will head south to highway 144 then go east to highway 259 and you will be back on the trail...What is not known is if the K trail is still open... if not you will need to ride back to 259 and go south to hit the trail...
Not to add confusion to the mix, but I can confirm that the K is open from Indian Highway, to the west, back to Clayton...in spots. A bud and I scouted it out a few weeks ago. It's real rough in spots, but passable. I was on a KLR, he on a DR, both (too) heavily loaded. There are also gates, lots of 'em, on the southwestern sections. I have tracks, and waypointed gates, for anyone interested...though I need to clean them up a bit first.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #1160
mars
Starbucks anyone?

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...TPEck1OgqxnKYa
Up and gasped at the crack of 930 it's a great day in Talihina
Old 07-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #1161
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Time for a double shot. Great riding this morning
I can't believe I am posting this from where I am
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #1162
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #1163
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Peter, rough
Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #1164
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Peter, rough
Details. I guess I can wait till you get back, but not long!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #1165
mars
Starbucks anyone?

I left Talihina to pick the trail up where fixator and I left off that's right on Highway one the roads were great I made great time. I continued on The giant switchback south of Highway one and came to the same dead-end at the head of the K trail. I decided to go ahead and ride the K trail from that area it was very rough lots of stair stepping with the steps being anywhere from 9 inches to 14 inches of hard stone with a 90 or less angles on it and sharp edges. The DRZ was definitely the bike for this. before the K trail my moving average was 39 miles an hour after the K trail it was about 30 I passed an old fire look out which was probably the purpose for this road. like the roads in Mexico the road starts out not bad but then deteriorates and towards the middle hardly exists at all. Combination of sand and these rocks made for an interesting ride. The sand was kind of a nice break but was the only place I dabbed my foot the whole route. Dadayama estimated 15.8 miles and he was right on the money about 10 miles of it was rougher than the area we did north of Highway one and not just for a quarter-mile more like 10 miles. I just kept thinking how glad I was to be on the DRZ This would be Very tough on anything over 600 ccs in my opinion. It should stay on the OAT but With a warning because larger bikes could take the highway bypass. I do look forward to writing this area again it was a lot of fun but it would not nearly been as enjoyable On a bigger bike
Old 07-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #1166
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Lookout on k trail

Some of the stair stepping these were the small ones Part of the areas that was gated off. I talk to some locals today they said that warehouser and an insurance company had previously owned most of this land they say someone from Louisiana has purchased a whole lot of it and is putting gates up everywhere. The local opinion seems to be that the state of Oklahoma should've purchased this land for everyone to use. I'm using my voice dictation that's why you see some weird words now and then the room is cool down I think I'm a take a nap for a while. Like Harry Truman once said when it gets to be 5 o'clock the OAT ends here!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #1167
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Air-conditioning Is a wonderful thing
Old 07-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #1168
airdale7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Happy Independance Day

Pretend you can hear this....
BANG......BANG....BANG, BANG, BANG....BANG...BANG, BANG

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:25 AM   #1169
OneMoreTime
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
I left Talihina to pick the trail up where fixator and I left off that's right on Highway one the roads were great I made great time. I continued on The giant switchback south of Highway one and came to the same dead-end at the head of the K trail. I decided to go ahead and ride the K trail from that area it was very rough lots of stair stepping with the steps being anywhere from 9 inches to 14 inches of hard stone with a 90 or less angles on it and sharp edges. The DRZ was definitely the bike for this. before the K trail my moving average was 39 miles an hour after the K trail it was about 30 I passed an old fire look out which was probably the purpose for this road. like the roads in Mexico the road starts out not bad but then deteriorates and towards the middle hardly exists at all. Combination of sand and these rocks made for an interesting ride. The sand was kind of a nice break but was the only place I dabbed my foot the whole route. Dadayama estimated 15.8 miles and he was right on the money about 10 miles of it was rougher than the area we did north of Highway one and not just for a quarter-mile more like 10 miles. I just kept thinking how glad I was to be on the DRZ This would be Very tough on anything over 600 ccs in my opinion. It should stay on the OAT but With a warning because larger bikes could take the highway bypass. I do look forward to writing this area again it was a lot of fun but it would not nearly been as enjoyable On a bigger bike
Did you run in to any water holes in the path we rode this years ago and it was rough and did not go all the way thru. Rode a KLR and it was a load would not want to do it on a bigger bike, and it was a blast.
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #1170
mars
Starbucks anyone?

You know the road I'm talking about there were several waterholes and one really big one I was able to drive around