Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #1276
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKlr View Post
mars you need to chill the hell out. I agree with dadayama. I don't come here for drama.
So, the question has to be asked. Why are you creating drama? You might try reading the posts before responding.

By the way when is the next video, I can not wait.

Perhaps you need to get something off your chest and quit your snarky responses. Time for the truth unless you are not up to being honest.

mars screwed with this post 08-20-2013 at 08:16 AM
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #1277
OKlr
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
So, the question has to be asked. Why are you creating drama? You might try reading the posts before responding.

By the way when is the next video, I can not wait.

Perhaps you need to get something off your chest and quit your snarky responses. Time for the truth unless you are not up to being honest.

Perhaps i shouldn't have jumped on the bandwagon, but i'm also sick of it. Especialy after the 10 messages you've sent me. I got nothing to hide, and i'm done talking about it.

Video will be thursday or friday. I usualy only have 1 video a week. Next video is a review of the Wolfman Enduro tank bag.

OKlr screwed with this post 08-20-2013 at 09:20 AM
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #1278
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer: 1,893
ok
I have to say, Oklahoma, you are not OK.

Since moving back to the state of my birth as a 3rd generation son of the state I have to say I am struggling with the state of Oklahoma. Having participated in a number of political issues and major news stories in my career that involved Oklahoma starting with the Karen Silkwood story in 74, I am very disturbed by what I see!
As a failed christian who has spent the last few years working to understand my faith one thing has concerned me the most, the hate and exclusion I see around me. I left the state in 1984 and things were ok then.
I finished my full time career working for an Air Force research lab located in the desert of Idaho. I found myself working with some real American Heroes most of whom were in Afghanistan the first one hundred days following 911. After three years of wonderful struggling with our mission I caught a glimpse of how they see the world.
What I saw most in them was love. Love for God, their country and family. I became infected with the same desire to be a better person. There is one person in this group I put inside that circle of heroes.
I was then thrust into a position of representing a large AF base as a spokesman and that is where I witnessed that things are not right.
Without getting into details I can say that bearing false witness also means being silent in the presence of those who are not honest. I am not afraid of calling out an "unholy alliance" and I realize in doing so, hatred is what I will receive.
Half truths and vague jabs of hatred are all part of what is wrong with our culture. Leaving the imagination to fill in the blanks with the worst. All tools of those who practice this evil.
Wether or not I return to this forum is something for me to decide. I think my job here is done.
Loving those who hate is the only recourse I see, never hate the haters. Realize that when confronting those with evil intentions, they will strike back with a vengeance. Looking at themselves would not be a pretty picture.
Audios

mars screwed with this post 08-20-2013 at 09:26 AM
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #1279
OKlr
Youtube whore

Sorry you feel that way. I have to disagree with the statement about exclusive. The people here on adv, and others i've met in the dual sport community in Oklahoma are great. Where else will you find a person who will stop and sweat with you to help you change out a pinched tube on the side of some dusty county road.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #1280
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Central Okla BMW Roadriders dinner meeting

If you are interested in such things...

This is again, this wednesday... August 21st... This time the email said anytime after 5:30...

(they don't care what kind of bike you ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
If you are interested in such things, they have there monthly meeting this Wednesday the 19th... Details below

Central Okla BMW Roadridiers dinner meeting is tomorrow evening (Wednesday the 19th)

Central Oklahoma BMW Road Riders, #41
founded: 12/1/1974

meetings: 3rd Wednesday, 7:00pm, Oklahoma Station, 50th & Meridian, Oklahoma City
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #1281
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,261
Meanwhile in Tulsa... We're enjoying beers, talk about motorcycles and rides, friendship, etc. ... and we shirk political and religious judgment.

We have our spats, but we try to handle it offline.

Sorry to see your head explosion, Mars. Hopefully, you'll stick around...
Old 08-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #1282
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 391
Anyone using a lithium Ion battery on an oilhead?

Note: said lithium ion on title, meant lithium-iron, sorry.

Hey guys, I've had an Odyssey batt on my R1150R for several years, and it is starting to not keep a charge while sitting for a week or more...i know, why is it sitting for a week, lol...anyway, has anyone been using a Lithium-iron (Li-FE) battery with good results? I have a friend who has one on a Triumph Thruxton, wondered how it turns over an R, thanks. I also don't have major wattage needs, a couple of led driving lights, etc, thanks.

I am a rookie in this thread, but hope no one leaves just as I'm slowly getting to know people :).

Ricky Chuck screwed with this post 08-21-2013 at 07:49 AM
Ricky Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #1283
RogerWilco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Ricky, look up the "motorcycle batteries" thread, started by fellow Okie "Cy." That thread will boggle your mind. Cy can answer just about any question concerning LiFePO4 batteries.
RogerWilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #1284
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 391
Thanks! I was trying to get local opinion, missed the part about an Okie starting it, lol. I hate having to get under that tank when there is a problem, tempted to try and slide it in the abs void.

Getting a server error, Search may be down, will try again, thanks again.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #1285
OKlr
Youtube whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chuck View Post
Thanks! I was trying to get local opinion, missed the part about an Okie starting it, lol. I hate having to get under that tank when there is a problem, tempted to try and slide it in the abs void.

Getting a server error, Search may be down, will try again, thanks again.

easiest if you use google. search this way

site:advrider.com battery crap

but instead of saying battery crap say whatever your search term is. works much better than the advrider built in search.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #1286
Shov3BR
Tinkerer

Oddometer: 267
Bump for Ajax

A bump for Ajax Kawi.
The Aussie and Kiwi riders stopped through on their TAT ride. All of their bikes need some kind of service from tires, to the Beemer that wouldn't start, to Deane's KLR that had an engine rattle.

Other Kawi dealers told Deane that it would two to three weeks before they could look at it. This makes no sense for a traveler.
Deane decided to ride down to Ajax this morning to have them look at it on the spot. Turns out that some cam chain tensioner rattle is common but but just to be sure they took the time to tighten it to specs for no charge.
Meanwhile another one of the guys needed some parts and received the same treatment in the store. The sales folks couldn't do enough for him.
Cheers,
-Shov

'11 KTM 990 ADV Dakar, '08 KTM 690 Enduro, '09 H-D Road King, '82 H-D FXRS (Shovelhead)
Shov3BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #1287
JPSpen
At Large

Oddometer: 1,185
I've always found the Odyssey batteries about as good as you're going to get..

I think the lithium based batteries suffer when cold... Like you need to turn the headlight on for a minute or two to warm up the battery before trying to draw cranking current out of it...

As long as you don't ride in the cold I'm sure they work fine..Till they short out and burn your bike down..

John
I like the wind in my face and Boobies too !!..
JPSpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #1288
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider

Oddometer: 263
Battery

I have a Ballistic, lithium FE battery in my 950 Ktm. It has done well so far. Doesn't loose any voltage, even after setting for two weeks. How it performs in winter is yet to be seen. I have been told, they do have to be balanced from time to time. I'm currently looking for a cheap balance charger. This battery has much higher cranking amps than my old battery.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #1289
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider

Oddometer: 263
Ajax Kawasaki

I have been using Ajax Kawasaki for a long time. They are a good group of people to deal with. Cool to hear about other riders getting good service there.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #1290
durtrider
adventure sow

Oddometer: 652
mechanics

I've ridden orange since...well, since they were white, and I've always traded at Ajax and still do. But I have to put in a couple of kudos for Nate and Steve at Mid America Cycle off of I-35 and Waterloo Road. Nate works on anything with two wheels, while Steve works on 4 wheelers and side by sides. Both excellent mechanics.

I have always done my own work, but lately I've been too busy, and I have rides coming up. Nate did some work for me on three different bikes, and could have ripped my head off... several times. I have found him to be not only GREAT at wrenching, but super honest and a really nice guy. If he finds something unusual, worn or broken in the process of repairs, he always calls first. A couple of times, he fixed something that was pretty minor that I had misdiagnosed and thought was going to be very costly.

Highly recommended if you need a wrench or don't have the time to do it yourself. Especially if you are on the north side, or the Edmond area.
durtrider is offline   Reply With Quote