ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 04:27 AM   #1366
McFoil
Filthy Pig
 
McFoil's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: OKUSA
Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFoil View Post
For sale used 2010 BMW F800GS OEM wheels/hub/sprocket. 17 rear, 21 front. Set of Pirelli Scorpion Trails. 150/70 R 17 and 90/90-21. Tires have a good 75% tread left on them. Throw in a Continental TKC 80 150/70 B 17, maybe 25%.
$100 for all.
Will text or email pics. pm for contact info.
Sold
McFoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #1367
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer
 
Dadayama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Oddometer: 507
Upcoming events

Hey All...

There are a couple of events some of us metro folks might want to think about.

There is the get together in Clayton Oklahoma. Here is the info:

Clayton - Adventure Rider Magazine Dual Sport Ride
When
Oct 3 – 6, 2013
Where
Clayton (map)
Description
Adventure Rider Magazine 11th annual dual sport ride through the mountains of SE Oklahoma. Camp at Clayton Lake State Park and ride off-road through the beautiful Kiamichi mountains of SE Oklahoma. Rides available for all bike sizes and skill levels - big bikes, skinny bikes, and everything in between. Over 600,000 acres available for riding, including paved roads, dirt and gravel roads, jeep trails and single track trails.

For more info go to www.advridermag.com
jpratt@advridermag.com


Another rally type event is in Texas not to far, and later in October called

ROLL THE BONES RALLY OCT. 25th - 27th
We don't care what you ride, or what kind of road surface you like to ride on, this is the Adventure Rally for you. It ain't Dakar, Katmandhu, Patagonia, or even Alaska but our backyard offers twisty roads, big views, little traffic, great scenery, and some of the best dirt roads in all of Texas.


I think it would be fun to get some of us and head down there...

I have to get my bike fixed and talk with the boss, if you know what i mean. But hopefully some seeds are planted. Because if all you all were going i'd have to tell my wife, "but everyone else is going".... see how it works.
__________________
Ich Fahre Nicht Zu Schnell, Ich Fliege Nur Niedrig
Oklahoma Adventure Trail
YouTube
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #1368
OKDQ
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OKDQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Central Oklahoma
Oddometer: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
Hey All...

There are a couple of events some of us metro folks might want to think about.

There is the get together in Clayton Oklahoma. Here is the info:

Clayton - Adventure Rider Magazine Dual Sport Ride
When
Oct 3 6, 2013
Where
Clayton (map)
Description
Adventure Rider Magazine 11th annual dual sport ride through the mountains of SE Oklahoma. Camp at Clayton Lake State Park and ride off-road through the beautiful Kiamichi mountains of SE Oklahoma. Rides available for all bike sizes and skill levels - big bikes, skinny bikes, and everything in between. Over 600,000 acres available for riding, including paved roads, dirt and gravel roads, jeep trails and single track trails.

For more info go to www.advridermag.com
jpratt@advridermag.com


Another rally type event is in Texas not to far, and later in October called

ROLL THE BONES RALLY OCT. 25th - 27th
We don't care what you ride, or what kind of road surface you like to ride on, this is the Adventure Rally for you. It ain't Dakar, Katmandhu, Patagonia, or even Alaska but our backyard offers twisty roads, big views, little traffic, great scenery, and some of the best dirt roads in all of Texas.


I think it would be fun to get some of us and head down there...

I have to get my bike fixed and talk with the boss, if you know what i mean. But hopefully some seeds are planted. Because if all you all were going i'd have to tell my wife, "but everyone else is going".... see how it works.
I'm in for one or both. Would be great if we could get a group from OKC area to attend as a group..
__________________
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W
2009 BMW F800GS
OKDQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #1369
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer
 
Dadayama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Oddometer: 507




I was in Advanced Auto Parts, on N May Ave, yesterday and noticed they carry some cycle oil filters and oil. Made me wonder were folks get there stuff from... Cycle Gear? Dealership ? Walmart?
__________________
Ich Fahre Nicht Zu Schnell, Ich Fliege Nur Niedrig
Oklahoma Adventure Trail
YouTube
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #1370
fonebone77
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Oddometer: 18
I usually buy most of my stuff online. Amazon is always a good place to start for me. I occasionally go into a dealership and pick something up at their crazy prices cause Id prefer they stay in business.
fonebone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #1371
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shawnee Bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 1,751
Buy my oil at Atwoods, filters at O'Reilly's.

Tires at Shawnee Honda if they can get what I want, otherwise online.


.
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #1372
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer
 
Dadayama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Buy my oil at Atwoods, filters at O'Reilly's.

Tires at Shawnee Honda if they can get what I want, otherwise online.


.
For real!

O'Reilly's has our oil filter? if so, that's cool... wonder if it is any cheaper then cycle gear?
__________________
Ich Fahre Nicht Zu Schnell, Ich Fliege Nur Niedrig
Oklahoma Adventure Trail
YouTube
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #1373
Mental3dge
Based
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 53
I bought my filters in bulk from procycle, oil comes from autozone. Has anybody done business with school house cycles in Norman? I've had a bad experience with them but they are so close that I don't want to write them off. I'm definitely going to Clayton.
Mental3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #1374
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shawnee Bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 1,751
Bought oil filter at O'Reilly's not long ago but don't remember the price. Same as any other filter there which is a lot cheaper than OEM I suppose.

But if I remember right it was a Fram, some folks don't like them.
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #1375
OKlr
Youtube whore
 
OKlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Ponca City Oklahoma
Oddometer: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
For real!

O'Reilly's has our oil filter? if so, that's cool... wonder if it is any cheaper then cycle gear?
I've found that cycle gear isn't too high on filters, but oil there is high.

But what do i know, i run shell oil in my klr.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #1376
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider
 
mrdirtbikerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Okc. Ok
Oddometer: 252
Wicked Parts and supplies

I buy almost all of my Ktm oil, filters and parts online at Munn Racing.
Always the cheapest for us Ktm users

I would love to go to the Clayton ride. I'm out of vacation, so I could only do Sat and Sun. Clayton might be more fun on the Husaberg.
__________________
06 KTM 950 Sm
10 Husaberg FE 390
mrdirtbikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #1377
woodzrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Choctaw, Okla., anywhere I happen to be
Oddometer: 491
So Mrdirtbikerider-How you liking that 'berg?
__________________
Woodzrider AKA vetracer1
"If it can't kill ya-it's not a sport"......It ALMOST killed me tho.....
Check out my crash report:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500314
Baja report http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641219
woodzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #1378
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider
 
mrdirtbikerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Okc. Ok
Oddometer: 252
Berg

I really like the bike. Very easy to ride and let's you get away with alot. I find my self thinking, can't believe I pulled that off, all the time. Almost like cheating, with this motor. I can't believe they quit making this motor, it's so smooth.
I've always loved Ktm but now I'm changing from orange to blue
__________________
06 KTM 950 Sm
10 Husaberg FE 390
mrdirtbikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #1379
Barike
Spindly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Jones, OK
Oddometer: 593
Really short notice, but the weather is nice, anyone want to do the Talimena byway today? If nobody else goes I probably won't, and I know the chances are low given the time, but thought I'd try!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
__________________
2013 Triumph Daytona 675R (Currently for sale, PM for details)
Barike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #1380
accurate iron
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: central OK
Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental3dge View Post
I bought my filters in bulk from procycle, oil comes from autozone. Has anybody done business with school house cycles in Norman? I've had a bad experience with them but they are so close that I don't want to write them off. I'm definitely going to Clayton.
write them off. also, theyre mostly HD oriented, so I would look elsewhere
accurate iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014