Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post
that graveyard was sofa king cool!
bokad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:33 AM   #122
bokad OP
Difficult Child

Oddometer: 395
That is sadly true. We will have to ship around Burma from Thailand to Bangladesh or India.
Still hope to go in to Burma though and make a foot/bus tour. It's a pretty exotic and not frequented place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog200 View Post
I know you haven't got to this stage yet. But I saw on your map that you intend to ride through Burma. My understanding is that you can't, but if you know a way, I would love to hear about it.

My understanding is that you must enter and leave Burma from the same border crossing, so preventing riding through Burma.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #123
bokad OP
Difficult Child

Thanks for the this! Compared to your experience I feel pretty damn lucky! It's all relative...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbike View Post
Keep it coming. A great ride report.

I too have a Ural still going strong (ish) after so many replacement units I am not actually sure what year it is anymore. It seems better now that I have replaced the valve cover on the right the final drive twice, the front brake rotor, headlight, left side can and the stuff inside, removed the blockage in the exhaust from the parts that blew out of the jug on the right, changed the clutch as it got wrecked by the oil that leaked out of the seal from the damage done by the bearing that destroyed itself, the rear wheel got nackered when the brakes fell apart, then another wheel broke when the spokes decided to snap crackle and pop after a nasty stretch of road. Now its much better LOL!

Its been an interesting ride, as we are approaching 50,000 km after whats only been two summers of riding. I am not sure if I love it or hate it but I still have it. Ural has been very good at supplying parts and helping with repairs.

The only reason for sharing this is that like RTWDOUG says these things do get sorted out. Now regarding your comment that your more of a rider than a wrench.....if you stick with the Ural your going to be both!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #124
bokad OP
Difficult Child

Month Of May 2012
------------------
Nusa Lembongan island near Bali.

Nusa Lembongan is a small island near to Bali. Some scooters and maybe 5 cars for the entire place. Their primary industry is seaweed farming. It smells fabulous when drying! NL is much quieter than Bali. You come here for surfing, scuba diving and the plentiful Manta Rays. You don't come here for the smell, the nightlife, swimming, or the food. The last restaurant/bar turns off the lights at 10pm. It's an interesting little island where you can rent a rusty scooter for $5/day and roam all over.

Anna, her iPhone, and some Instagram combine to make fine pictures! Curvy road brings you to a stunning hill top lookout.

The main source of income here is seaweed farming so theres lots of this drying in many colors. It smells fabulous! (no, it doesn't). Reminds me of spaghetti.

The sign says it all.

Dream beach is a nice place to sit and think.

Not so great for swimming on account of the waves.

There's not much to do here but it's a beautiful place for to be idle.

Like the rest of Indonesia there's always a towering volcano nearby.

Little peoples.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #125
bokad OP
Difficult Child

Month Of May 2012
------------------
Nusa Lembongan island near Bali.

We had a room on the beach with AC and hot water for only $25. We watched very busy pigeons making tracks in the sand. The power went out for a night and day and we watched the island in complete darkness. Then gravitated towards one of the few places with a generator. Enjoyed the guilty pleasure of having hot food and light while everyone else was out.

I had a birthday. Anna arranged a much needed steak and a few cocktails.

NL is known for it's year round Manta population. There are very few places in the world that give such a good opportunity.

The mantas look fabulous. Flapping their wings and flying/gliding through the water. Graceful and strange like some sort of a submerged alien creature.

There's a fish in this picture and it's one that you don't want to touch! Hati Hati!

There is an entire busy world below the surface. I highly recommend taking a scuba class to anyone with the opportunity. Usually you can do an intro and dive in one afternoon.

Divers
Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #126
Tessitori
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Great RR, subscribed! I look forward to reading more about your journey.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #127
bokad OP
Difficult Child

With the bike all sorted out and leaving Bali, it really feels like a new beginning.
So... this story will continue in another thread where we begin our trip across the many many islands of Indonesia.
Follow us as we speed East on smooth roads to the dragons of Komodo and tribes people of Timor.

Continue here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=801790
Old 06-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #128
ariftrio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
nice RR,
saya sendiri tidak pernah riding sejauh anda
ariftrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #129
bokad OP