User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
claude OP
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,693
Vern goodwin

Sad news in the Sidecar world. Was on the phone with Mary Sontag from Motorvation today and she told me that Vern Goodwin, who many here probably know, Passed away recently. Vern was an ICON in the sidecar world here in th e states for many years. He was one who experimented a lot with the power leaner concept which was later adapted by others for a while. He also produced his own sidecar called THE GOOD ONE. Many of these are still out on the road, We had mounted one a few years ago that went on to tour most of the country. Vern eventually drifted away from sidecar s somewhat and got really invoked with Indian restorations and vintage motorcycles. I think his family were actually Indian dealer s back in the day. Last time I SW Vern was at the USCA rally when it was held in Lacrosse Wisconsin. He was on his trusty Kawasaki Concourse solo bike. Quite a Guy indeed who will be missed by many many folks. I feel Vern is in a better place today but he will be missed here. RIP my friend! ..................................OBITUARY :..Vernon W. Goodwin Jr., 84, of Lincoln, died February 12, 2015 in Lincoln. He was born January 10, 1931 in Lincoln, Neb. to Vernon W., Sr. and Luella (Condra) Goodwin. Vernon was a member of the American Motorcycle Association, White Plate Flat Trackers Association, United States Sidecar Association, and to say the least was a Motorcycle expert and historian. He retired as a train man at Burlington Northern after 32 years. Vernon enjoyed working in his shop, family, and friends.

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM   #2
Carl Childers
Ghost in the Machine

Oddometer: 663
Any sport, racing or field of endeavor has it greats that we all owe a debt of gratitude to for making our niche what is is today. By you description Claude it sounds like we have lost one those. Thanks for sharing this and condolences to you for having lost a person that you admire.