User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
bofrick OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Lost Holan Nomada 39L Lid

Lost a lid for my Holan Nomada 39L pannier yesterday on a ride in the Colorado mountains.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?
bofrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Keone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Hey bofrick,
That sucks... I too am looking for a way to get holan parts. If you find a distributor or a way to get parts shipped directly please post about it. I'll do the same

FYI
There is no longer an American distributor and most European distr. don't have anything in stock. I've called and emailed holan Poland about 15 times with no response. Maybe they're not in business anymore.

Keone
Keone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 4,749
Just had an order arrive from Holan Poland in the last 30 days. It was really an odd transaction. Ordered via their website, paid via paypal. Only got the paypal reciept. About 30 days later, the item showed up. Never a tracking number and wouldn't return emails.

So, if they happen to list it on the website, and you are somewhat of a gambling man, it might be your lucky day.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
casperghst42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
Just had an order arrive from Holan Poland in the last 30 days. It was really an odd transaction. Ordered via their website, paid via paypal. Only got the paypal reciept. About 30 days later, the item showed up. Never a tracking number and wouldn't return emails.

So, if they happen to list it on the website, and you are somewhat of a gambling man, it might be your lucky day.
Same experience, I when I dealt with them I had to use some quite hard words to get a tracking tracking number.

I like their products, but they are way to unreliable to deal with.

Casper
casperghst42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
bofrick OP
Adventurer

Holan Poland

Last night I finally bit the bullet and ordered a replacement lid online, paid via PayPal, and received a receipt of sorts from PayPal but nothing from Poland. It's a gamble but I couldn't find any other way to replace my lost lid.

Thanks for your replies. It'll make me sleep a little better.

Life is Good!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
bofrick OP
Adventurer

Well... I ordered a replacement lid through Holan in Poland about 4 weeks ago using PayPal to pay for it. Today, I received a message from PayPal stating that Holan had refunded the payment. I never heard from Holan. Guess I'll have to find a sheet metal shop that can make one. Dang...
Old 09-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
Keone
Adventurer

I rolled the dice also about a week ago and just got confirmation yesterday from holan that my parts had shipped on the 24th. This how i got it done....

About a month ago while searching for information on holan poland I came across a post on UKGsers. The poster talked about not placing orders thru the websites shopping basket or using the automated "contact us" link. Instead saying to email a guy named Aleksnadra directly. This seems to have worked for me. While I haven't received my parts yet, I have a scanned copy of the shipping waybill, complete with what looks like customs inspection stamps. On first contact with Aleksnadra he said that they were having problems with the website concerning email and receiving PayPal. After several emails that he responded to fairly quickly he said that if I wanted to place the order I would have to send payment via wire transfer. Once he sent the receiving bank info and I was confident that he knew what I wanted, I rolled the dice.

Will update when/if I get my parts.

This is the email address I used
holan@holan.pl

Keone
Old 09-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
bofrick OP
Adventurer

Replacement Holan Nomada Pro Lid

Just read Keone's reply. Thanks, Keone.

A couple days ago I also sent an email to info@holan.pl and received a fast answer from Aleksnadra.

He said that he had sent me a couple emails to me in an attempt to have me add the shipping cost for a USA destination since shipping cost for a USA destination was not on the website. Finally, Aleksnadra refunded my PayPal funds.

After, getting a notification that my PayPal payment had been refunded, I emailed Aleksnadra at info@holan.pl and through email I was able to finalize the order for the Nomada Pro replacement lid.

Like Keone, I'll add to this post once I get the Lid.

Life is Good!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #9
Keone
Adventurer

The wife called today to tell me that a box from Poland showed up yesterday !!! Now only a month before I'm back home and can check if its the right parts and if they fit. But it looks like Aleksnadra @ holan Poland came thru

Keone
Old 10-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
squawk77
Dreamer

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keone View Post
The wife called today to tell me that a box from Poland showed up yesterday !!! Now only a month before I'm back home and can check if its the right parts and if they fit. But it looks like Aleksnadra @ holan Poland came thru
Good to hear! Timely as well I was just thinking about your thread recently.. Last day of a 3 week trip in the Alps and I must have forgot to clip the cover back on at a gas station... now I need one as well
Old 11-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by squawk77 View Post
Good to hear! Timely as well I was just thinking about your thread recently.. Last day of a 3 week trip in the Alps and I must have forgot to clip the cover back on at a gas station... now I need one as well
hi mate
do you still need one?
Nomada panniers, Holan crashbars, Remus silencers etc. Worldwide shipping. Better deals for ADVriders
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 4,749
New US distributor...and group buy

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836365
Old 11-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #13
Grafspee
one bike is never enough

Oddometer: 200
Awesome - Just Flat Awesome!

I need me some Holan stuff - will be contacting them. They make good stuff!
Grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote