User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2014, 04:42 AM   #316
jdbalt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Thinking about you.

I agree. Despite all of the hardware, the color looks good. Keep getting better man. Healing thoughts are headed your way.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #317
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,236
Judas Preist, man......you're a bad ass!!!! I know you count everyday as a blessing.....you're helping to remind me too as well. Chin up, brother.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #318
DougFromKentucky
Just a good 'ole boy

Oddometer: 412
Diesel, I know that I for one am glad to see your post. I know I was starting to worry. I am sorry that you are so laid up right now but as you know, this too shall pass. Take those pain pills when you need them, it is harder to get pain under control than it is to keep it under control. You can get off of them later when you are a little better. Hang in there, we are all cheering you on.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

USMC 1970-1978: HMH-463 Evacuation of Saigon - April 1975, Evacuation of Phnom Phen during the Killing Fields Spring of 1975
DougFromKentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #319
scoutbag
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Diesel, have followed your thread. I can't help but admire your attitude and toughness. You are a practical man. Keep pushing, you have many hundreds or thousands of friends watching and rooting for you. Regardless you have my respect. thank you for sharing your story. Life happens, how are you going to deal with it; people like you show us the way. thank you
Scoutbag
scoutbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #320
westerlywinds
Two Wheels-Ride it

Oddometer: 167
I just found your report. I will send good wishes to you. I have seen my thigh bone and knee cap.It is nice when it is just a good story.
westerlywinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:38 AM   #321
gooseofdeuce
aLandBro

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post
So he wasn't in hot pursuit ... but ... he was accelerating away from a full stop to catch someone who was speeding.

Sounds like the same thing to me.

How else will you catch up to someone who's speeding and you were stationary without accelerating strenuously??

I'm sure he wasn't planning on making this a week long adventure.

Hot pursuit is actively chasing someone who is attempting to evade or get away. The correct term for catching up to a speeder is "overtaking" and in my state, SC, where i worked with a Sheriff's Office for 8 years is the legal word used in the code of law... i know every state is different.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #322
willsTDM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
So glad to see you are improving. Yep, take the pain meds when you need 'em. I've been on pain meds for seven years and counting, couldn't function normally without em some days. I feel for you during your recovery. Heal fast and best wishes from Downunder.
'87 VT250F.....gone
'07 TDM900....gone etc,etc.
willsTDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #323
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,652
Best wishes to you diesel! Give us an update when you can.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #324
diesel1959 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Well, the time keeps flying and I keep adjusting the rods on the Ilisarov. I'd have to say that up until last Monday, I was in a constant struggle to stay ahead of the pain. I was having to take five of the Norco each day just as a bare minimum to keep the pain at bay. We saw the surgeon last Monday and, for whatever reason, the pain seems to be holding down a lot. The adjustment schedule has been changed and I'm still getting stronger. This has resulted in me only taking one Norco every eight hours, which is significantly less than before. I'll take this as a bit of a victory over pain or, at least, the worst of it.

Two weeks ago, I took delivery of my new wheelchair--custom fitted for me an I've gotta say that this chair makes things a lot easier. It seems as though all I need do is think about rolling in a particular direction and we're off. On top of all this, we've completed a six-week renovation of our home in order that it is more accessible for me in the wheelchair. Workers comp hired an adviser and a contractor and laid out the plan of what was needed and took care of everything. My wife and I moved into an apartment for the six weeks and are now quite glad to be back home--in our own bed and in our own surroundings. And much improved surroundings they are--I can easily roll throughout all the areas of the first floor. The kitchen and master bathroom have been completely redone to give full access. I've got to admit that it is a huge relief to no longer have to use a bedside commode with a bucket anymore. I can use my very own toilet. After two and a half years, this is a bit of heaven that can't be overstated.

Anyway, keep on trucking and thanks for the kind thoughts. I'll fill things in when I have more medical info, but the doctor likes what he's seeing for now. Happy Cinco de Mayo!

diesel1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #325
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel1959 View Post
Well, the time keeps flying and I keep adjusting the rods on the Ilisarov. I'd have to say that up until last Monday, I was in a constant struggle to stay ahead of the pain. I was having to take five of the Norco each day just as a bare minimum to keep the pain at bay. We saw the surgeon last Monday and, for whatever reason, the pain seems to be holding down a lot. The adjustment schedule has been changed and I'm still getting stronger. This has resulted in me only taking one Norco every eight hours, which is significantly less than before. I'll take this as a bit of a victory over pain or, at least, the worst of it.

Two weeks ago, I took delivery of my new wheelchair--custom fitted for me an I've gotta say that this chair makes things a lot easier. It seems as though all I need do is think about rolling in a particular direction and we're off. On top of all this, we've completed a six-week renovation of our home in order that it is more accessible for me in the wheelchair. Workers comp hired an adviser and a contractor and laid out the plan of what was needed and took care of everything. My wife and I moved into an apartment for the six weeks and are now quite glad to be back home--in our own bed and in our own surroundings. And much improved surroundings they are--I can easily roll throughout all the areas of the first floor. The kitchen and master bathroom have been completely redone to give full access. I've got to admit that it is a huge relief to no longer have to use a bedside commode with a bucket anymore. I can use my very own toilet. After two and a half years, this is a bit of heaven that can't be overstated.

Anyway, keep on trucking and thanks for the kind thoughts. I'll fill things in when I have more medical info, but the doctor likes what he's seeing for now. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
That all sounds like fantastic news!
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #326
DougFromKentucky
Just a good 'ole boy

Oddometer: 412
Diesel, I always look forward to your posting. I see improvement, sometimes very slow improvement but improvement nevertheless. I am envious of your house remodel by the way. I have a really bad heart and bad arthritis so I see something like a wheelchair in my future (I am still able to get around with a cane atm). Friends find it interesting that although I have difficulty walking and standing I can still ride. Not as far as before but I did 120 some miles yesterday with my wife.

Success is measured in small steps. Remember that.

You have many people here in ADVRider cheering for you.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

USMC 1970-1978: HMH-463 Evacuation of Saigon - April 1975, Evacuation of Phnom Phen during the Killing Fields Spring of 1975
DougFromKentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:25 AM   #327
wegface22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
In this cctv, computer database world, (bike) cops have no need to risk further danger by chasing speeding motorists. Arrest them at home.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:11 AM   #328
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,236
Good news, brother!!! The toilet thing is the best!!! I can't imagine a bed pan for years..... Glad you and your wife are back in comfortable surroundings. I say pop some popcorn and watch a movie tonight.

Keep us in the loop. I think about you everytime I see a motor officer.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #329
Motor7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Thanks for the update Bro....glad you are improving. Hang in there man, we are all pulling for ya!
Motor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #330
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Glad to hear your doing better.
Just wondering, if you could, would you get back on a bike?