Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #91
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 841
Your trip is interesting but it would be nice to know a little more details?? What are you doing for your meal?? Campfire meal or carry-on stove? etc.

So far, good report! Look forward to more details later!
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #92
rangecon1976
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Talking

Megashred,

I am the guy who you talked to at the Loves in Buffalo, just wanted to drop a line it was good visiting with you and I hope you have a safe trip. Keep up the report its awesome.

Dave

"I feel like a mosquito in a nudist camp, I know what I gotta do, I'm just not quite sure where to get started"!!
rangecon1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #93
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,444
How many weeks would be needed to do the full tat. Im getting crazy ideas for next summer.

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #94
Callahan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetuss10 View Post
How many weeks would be needed to do the full tat. Im getting crazy ideas for next summer.
Approx 5 ?
Callahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #95
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by megashred View Post
Definitely upgraded from a DH cruise session to more of a legit low key kick back.

English Mother Fucker ! Do you speak it ?

oops sorry about going all Samuel L. on you. Senior moment , but I'm easily confused by nuvo slang.
Good trip , enjoy!
bk brkr baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #96
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,444

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #97
Abenteuerfahrer
Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer: 2,287
Loving your TAT report and am learning the ropes from it...., any TAT RR is all good..... but I don't care for the toxic language of others used here...let's keep it TAT'some. Way to go Megashred, ride safe, ride far.......

Cheers...

Abenteuerfahrer screwed with this post 06-10-2012 at 04:50 PM
Abenteuerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #98
megashred OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Day 7

What up bros....I apologize if I sound down but I'm feeling ultra bummed at the moment cuz I can't tear up this trail today. I'm hoping the local store has a tube in stock so I can head out tomorrow, but I'm pretty much stuck until I get parts.... But anyway, here's how the past few days went...

I've noticed there's a mixed crowd out there of Bro fans and Bro haters. Trust me, I'm going easy on you....But since I aim to please, I'll cater to both

For the haters:
The transamerica trail thus far has transpired into a mystical yet challenging adventure that one could only enjoy whilst traveling through the American countryside. Not only is the scenery nothing short of spectacular, but the roads continually provide a challenging aspect that caters to all riders. If anybody is even thinking of attempting this trail, I encourage you to prepare accordingly and challenge yourself to limits you never thought attainable.

For the Bros:
The narly TAT rip sesh has been nothing short of epic. The narly roost piles keep it mad chay while the lush pastures of the midwest keep my nature high boosted all day. If any of you groms are pondering on this epic shred, throw down stacks, get a bike, and lay down a knobby trail from coast to coast.

Day 7

Started off the day with the goal of finding a new tire. I packed up early and headed to town.

It was friday and everyone would be closed sunday. I figured I had about three days left on the tire and that would be pushing it. Na saturday would be perfect. So I went to a fast food place for the WI Fi. It was still like 8 so no one was open. I didn't want to wait until 10 when everyone was open, so I jotted down every store within the great state of Oklahoma...and Texas. I went out and rode for a while. The roads were flat and fast.

This bro was chilling harder than me I think...What a chill dog. He didnt even move when I rode by...not giving a shit...

This train was blocking the way...reroute...that was real hard. This state is literally a grid of one mile squares.

I'm still trying to picture this. Is it little bro's like boy scout stuff? or is it a bunch of dudes just hanging out with cowboy hats on? whatever you're into midwest dudes

Next thing I know, it's ten, so I start calling everyone.

Yea '07 650l, rear tire bro. Do you have that in stock? no? can you rush it to tomorrow? additional fee? yea I don't care money's a number bro, I need a tire can you do it? I called everyone and I was lookin at the earliest of tuesday. What the hell am I gonna do in Oklahoma till Tuesday? Then one of the bro's gave me Stillwater's number. Ellen picked up...oh Ellen. "yea sweetie I have one in stock", "yea we can put it on first thing in the morning." Hell yea Ellen, keep up the good work. looks like I had an easy day to Stillwater to party with the OSU Cowboys all night. I cruised the rest of the day cranking out 190 TAT miles.

It really went out there

OSU campus looks like it throws down...wish I knew some bros to party with...I miss partying

I picked out a spot by a lake and set up camp. I started a fire to keep the bugs away, and checked out the maps. I wanted to get out of Oklahoma tomorrow. it was 450 miles.....If Honda of Stillwater took a half hour..I could do it. If not, whatever. But I knew I was gonna rip the plains in the morning.

I put some headphones in and bro'd out to the sunset. some OSU grad students were camping near me, I helped them start a fire. They were chill but kinda lame...so I kept to myself. epic shred day but I was stoked to throw down miles tomorrow....little did I know....

Total mileage: 285.3

megashred screwed with this post 06-10-2012 at 04:13 PM
megashred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #99
andy29847
Dirt Road Rider

Oddometer: 2,189
First Place

Quote:
For the haters:
The transamerica trail thus far has transpired into a mystical yet challenging adventure that one could only enjoy whilst traveling through the American countryside. Not only is the scenery nothing short of spectacular, but the roads continually provide a challenging aspect that caters to all riders. If anybody is even thinking of attempting this trail, I encourage you to prepare accordingly and challenge yourself to limits you never thought attainable.

For the Bros:
The narly TAT rip sesh has been nothing short of epic. The narly roost piles keep it mad chay while the lush pastures of the midwest keep my nature high boosted all day. If any of you groms are pondering on this epic shred, throw down stacks, get a bike, and lay down a knobby trail from coast to coast.
Da boy a winna!!! I would have never understood without the translation.
ABC#8350
IBA#7647,
Trenton, SC
Smugmug coupon code = bQItjZEfrqLkI
MOAB Ride Report
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #100
megashred OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Day 8: What did I do to deserve this....

Day 8:

I know I keep saying this but this trip literally does just get better. This was my favorite day....up until sunset...my favorite part of the day ruined...but more on that later.

I woke up with the sun, I cant sleep when the suns out....suns out guns out bro.

Since I had extra time, I hit the town and went shopping....for snacks. Love snacks bros

After my TAT munchies were over, I stashed them and headed across town to see my girl Ellen of Stillwater.

These guys are all real cool. The owner, John, is a Mechanical Engineer too so obviously we had a real cool convo about electric motors. They had never heard of the TAT before so I showed them the map and told them all about it. They were pretty stoked and had me autograph it. Come on guys, I'm no celebrity, just doing my thing.

They hooked me up and even cleaned the whip for me. solid move bros but i was kinda going for the grimy look.

And so I was off. I was back on the trail by noon, way later than I wanted to but its cool, I got nothing but time.

I realized I wasn't gonna get out of the state, so I set my sights on Liberal Kansas, a short 360 mile cruise. Oklahoma is 100% dirt, 100% straight, and 100% flat.

oil rigs were pretty much my only neighbors out here.

The wind was blowing from the south at a pretty consistent 25 knots. It torqued my neck to the right all day. It was tough fighting that wind all day. By 260 miles, I was pretty tuckered out. I stopped to get gas and met up with RangeCon. solid bro, he had been reading the forum and we chatted a little bit. He told me I could prob make it to liberal, and there was a parts store there if anything went wrong. Thanks a lot bro, that kept me going all night. so I had 94 miles left, a fresh knobbie, and a full tank of gas. It was about 5 and the sun was going down. epic sunset cruise.

I had 45 miles left and was cruising around 50. The bike was wobbly all day in the Oklahoma sand, but it felt real wobbly. I get off and as I predicted....shit I hate flat tires. It was late, I was tired as shit, and i just wanted to pass out. I figured my options were camp here and fix in the morning (sketchy) or fix it in the almost dark and sleep in a warm bed. I thought, what would Mathew Mcconaughey do? He'd take his damn shirt off, squat that bike off the ground, and fix the shit out of it. so thats what I did.....thanks Matt

It always sucks to be 45 miles from a person and to see your best friend laying on the ground like that....but eventually.....I got it going. It was really starting to get dark so I hit the road and cruised slow. I didn't want to take my chances without a backup tube. And then...

You gotta be shitting me. I was so tired. I pulled over, set up camp in the nearest field, and listened to the wind blow like a hurricane all night. The bike looked like it was gonna blow over the whole night so I got one of my tent spikes and a ratchet strap and anchored it to the ground. This was a definite low of the trip.

the next morning, I took off the wheel and the new tube was shredded at the stem, what the hell caused that? the old tube had a tiny pinhole in it. I grabbed some superglue and plugged it. so sketch. I put it back on and limped it at 20 for the remaining 20 miles into town. Of course its sunday so nothings open. Hopefully the local shop has something in stock or I'm gonna be chilling midwest for a while. If anybody has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I wanna shred so bad.

Whatever, I'll do what I do best...chill hard. Thanks for the support guys. It really helps when I feel down like this. Keep it real

Total Mileage: 365.7

megashred screwed with this post 06-10-2012 at 04:14 PM
megashred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #101
andy29847
Dirt Road Rider

Oddometer: 2,189
Suggestions

Quote:
Hopefully the local shop has something in stock or I'm gonna be chilling midwest for a while. If anybody has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I wanna shred so bad.
Patch the first tube. Should be able to find a patch kit in a small town. Be sure to check the tire for nails and such. You never said what caused the first flat.

Suggestion 2 -
Forget looking for OSU Cowboys. There is a better game.

ABC#8350
IBA#7647,
Trenton, SC
Smugmug coupon code = bQItjZEfrqLkI
MOAB Ride Report
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #102
Sourjon
TAT'erd

Oddometer: 2,051
Find an auto parts, tire shop or at worst a walmart and get a patch kit and patch the pin hole. Then find
Liberal Harley Davidson
(620) 624-5588
900 E Pancake Blvd, Liberal, KS 67901

or

Milhon's Honda-Yamaha-Kawasaki
(620) 624-7491
811 S Kansas Ave
Liberal, KS

20 miles north is Ride On Motorcycle Repair
2820 E Schulman Ave, Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 805-6633

Something to get you to Trinidad, CO

John

Sourjon screwed with this post 06-10-2012 at 03:33 PM
Sourjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #103
John Dirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Chin up bro, life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it. You obviously know how to deal, so get some tubes and snacks and make the TAT your bitch.

Your report is sic!
Old 06-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #104
Sourjon
TAT'erd

Oddometer: 2,051
Or just do what Andy is showing

John
Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #105
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,247
Hey bro.....when you get a new tube, buy one spare and another patch kit. Carry just a front tube or 2 if you've got room. Need something now???? Post in the regionals forum. An inmate is sure to help if close by! Keep up the RR, I'm loving it!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote