Oddometer: 15,269
Oh crap - that is just awful.

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #167
boxerboy81
Stay Horizontal

Oddometer: 2,210
I saw that picture and felt the pain! Bugger!
boxerboy81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #168
Other Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeckm View Post
*** Needed asap... summer is going by, day by day......
Try here. I'm not related, just passing on the info. Good luck:

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/3099964136.html

Bob
Other Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #169
bpeckm
Grin!

Oddometer: 5,683
Thanks... unfortunately, the 80ST has it's own tank mount system, shared only with the 80g/s and the gs airheads. And, the r100R Mystic tank fits as well, but that's it....

A big THANK YOU to HARDWAREGRRL for offering an unloved tank from her spares, at a lovely price... which will get me rolling again soon...

Old 07-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #170
coastranger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Quote:
I have a new-to-me 80ST which came with a leaky tank... I had drained the tank and set it just outside the garage door in the sun, to bake/dry out and try to patch it, and.... yep, you guessed it..... forgot about it and backed over it with the car.....

Yeah, I know.... dumb and dumber.....

Needless to say, it was marginally worth it to fix it before, but definitely NOT now... so....

Does anybody have an inexpensive, castoff-but-useable tank for the 80ST... the tank for an R65 would fit, and, I am told, the tank from an R80R. I don't care about color or minor dings, preferably not rusted-through, though!

Needed asap... summer is going by, day by day......

ouch, big time ouch
coastranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #171
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,945
Dang, Bob! And I thought I felt bad just for letting my ST tank fall off the trailer it was sitting on and get a tiny little ding above the tank badge.

I wouldn't know whether to curse or cry first on that one.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #172
scarygary
Drawing blanks

Oddometer: 363
First you curse, then you cry.

sorry about your tank.. I am still on the fence about selling my full set of ST body parts. One day if I find a rough ST I would like to make a nice minty one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1305 View Post
Dang, Bob! And I thought I felt bad just for letting my ST tank fall off the trailer it was sitting on and get a tiny little ding above the tank badge.

I wouldn't know whether to curse or cry first on that one.
scarygary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #173
tlux
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
New Krauser Lid

Hey

I have the new version of the Krauser hard cases made by HepcoBecker. I bought these from Bobs BMW a while ago. 2 years ago I was in an accident and cracked the left case lid pretty good. Does anyone out there have a left side case for sale? Or a broken case but good lid I can replace mine with? Here is what I have, from Bobs website.
tlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #174
bmweuro
Mad Scientist

Oddometer: 3,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlux View Post
Hey

I have the new version of the Krauser hard cases made by HepcoBecker. I bought these from Bobs BMW a while ago. 2 years ago I was in an accident and cracked the left case lid pretty good. Does anyone out there have a left side case for sale? Or a broken case but good lid I can replace mine with? Here is what I have, from Bobs website.
I was the US importer for Hepco Becker for 12 years and also had the opportunity to see how these bags are made and the only way to replace the lid id to send HB the bag. This never made much sense to me as Siebenrock who has the exclusive rights to these bags offers the hinges on their website. Contact vertrieb@hepco-becker.de or krystian@siebenrock.com.
VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694 & Airhead BMW Club #600
bmweuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #175
bmwblake
upside down parker

Oddometer: 3,277
part found

r75/5 left header needed.
does anyone have a set or at least a left header around. PM me what you have.

bmwblake screwed with this post 07-18-2012 at 05:34 AM
bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #176
marcooz
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Used Avon Roadrider (rear) 120/90 - 18 65V

I've recently changed my rear tire to a more standard spec size (110) and now have this almost new tire spare. It has probably less than 500miles on it since it came with the bike that i bought about three months ago. The reason for replacing the tire was that partly due to size it made contact with the fender and rubber was coming off of one side of the tire wall (see pics). I said partly because my shocks need to be replaced, but that will have to wait for another pay check in the hopefully very near future. So there you have it, one rear Avon Roadrider 120/90 18. The little rubber that got rubbed off doesn't affect tire safety or life of it in any way. $50 would do it and get you an almost new tire. This can either be picked up (LA) or i am happy to post if postage is covered too (probably around $10-15?)

marcooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #177
Highside>Lowside
Hairier Than Thou

Oddometer: 1,064
Eh?

Anyone want the Luftmeister off of my /6? $45 or trade for a set of sportier handlebars. Winshield is nice, but the fairing was repaired at some point. Headlight will go back in my bucket on the bike, but the turn signals go with.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #178
princess jamaica
OLD DOG-NEW TRICKS

Oddometer: 2,193
Quote:
I have a new-to-me 80ST which came with a leaky tank... I had drained the tank and set it just outside the garage door in the sun, to bake/dry out and try to patch it, and.... yep, you guessed it..... forgot about it and backed over it with the car.....

Yeah, I know.... dumb and dumber.....

Needless to say, it was marginally worth it to fix it before, but definitely NOT now... so....

Does anybody have an inexpensive, castoff-but-useable tank for the 80ST... the tank for an R65 would fit, and, I am told, the tank from an R80R. I don't care about color or minor dings, preferably not rusted-through, though!

Needed asap... summer is going by, day by day......

WHEW!!At least you didn't spill that beer................ Bummer.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #179
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 6,986
bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Hey all...trying to save some cash to pay my Rally West Virginia entry fee. This is the original seat off my R80ST...it's in very nice shape not sure if that is the original cover. Will fit R65 and R80 G/S, not sure what else? 150$ shipped CONUS. Thx

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #180
JonnyCash
turd polisher

Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCash View Post
I just took out a perfectly good 5 speed from my franken/5 and replaced it with a four speed, in a display of my own peculiarity. I want to sell the five speed to fund some other moto needs. It shifts fine, doesn't leak, and does everything it is supposed to do. I got it about ten years ago from an acquaintance who had had it rebuilt about 5K before I bought it from him. I put about 20K on it in that time. It isn't dead quiet, nor was it ever in the time I had it, but it's pretty good. When I change out the gear oil in it, there has never been any chunks or metallic glitter in the oil. I would take $300 plus shipping which would be in the neighborhood of $35.

I also have a /5 front end, and some/5 engine electrics I'd like to get rid of.

Hope to hear from you.

Really? No one wants this thing? Maybe I just posted it at the wrong time, but I figured it would get snatched up in no time, but apparently not. A Guzzi project awaits, and I'd really like to get some money together. If no one here wants it, I guess I'll put it on Ebay, but I'd really rather not. It's a good box to buy and put directly into your bike and use.