Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #451
Ben Carufel OP
Boxer Addict

Oddometer: 605
FS: BMW Zeuna pipes from 1975 R75/6. Some small holes as pictured (all on the inside side of the pipes, not visible when they're mounted, and on the ends), and a few dings on the outside from luggage. Chrome is in very good shape overall. Pipes work and sound fine, were replaced because I found a great deal on some Whispertones.

$50 plus actual shipping.

Pics:

Ben Carufel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #452
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by naginalf View Post
I have a set of the "peanut" valve covers from touratech that have the oil fill hole on the left side (actually the left side is the only touratech piece, the right side is an original BMW peanut cover with the pressed-in bolts). Since I plan on removing the crash bars and installing hard heads or similar, I'd like to get rid of the delicate peanut covers for the more robust, original squarish, black ones. If you were thinking of doing this upgrade but don't like sacrificing your wallet at the touratech altar, I'd be willing to trade straight up if you pay all the shipping.

And actually, now that I think about it, if anyone is interested in the above, perhaps you'd like to trade the stock dipstick as well for one of these Wunderlich oil temp models, plus... let's say, oh, $40.

So, for $50 (40 for dipstick + 10 shipping) plus your stock, square valve covers and dipstick, and I'll send you a set of touratech oil fill peanut covers and a Wunderlich oil temp dipstick (I hate this thing). I'd rather they go together for simplicity sake, but I'll sell separately if the person wanting the covers doesn't want the dipstick.
Hey Naginalf,

I'll trade valve covers with you if you can wait a couple weeks for the Bucky. Not sure I'm interested in the dipstick, though.

Lojack
LoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #453
Wirespokes
Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer: 7,880
Second dibs on the valve covers if LoJack doesn't get them.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #454
GapRunr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
I'm in need of a left side header in good condition , left side switch gear in good condition, solo seat in any condition even just the pan, and crash bars in any condition for a 1981 R80g/s.

I know someone must have some of this stuff kicking around their shed/barn/garage and has been meaning to get rid of it. Now's your chance!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #455
awaffa2003
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
/6 timing cover

Hey all, I've made a very expensive mistake and ruined my timing cover. Tried to shove the larger alternator in there... Anybody have a /6 cover laying around? PM me.
awaffa2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #456
bmweuro
Mad Scientist

Oddometer: 3,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by awaffa2003 View Post
Hey all, I've made a very expensive mistake and ruined my timing cover. Tried to shove the larger alternator in there... Anybody have a /6 cover laying around? PM me.
Is your bike a 74-75 or 76?
VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694 & Airhead BMW Club #600
bmweuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #457
awaffa2003
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
I want to say it's a '74. at least that's what i'm told and that's what was stamped inside the airbox. not the original motor.
awaffa2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #458
skipn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Touring kit for older Airhead

Finally got photobucket working:

Touring package is off my 1977 BMW R75/7. Black Luftmeiser fairing is complete with mounting brackets and wiring (no headlight & ring). The windscreen has some scuffs but probably could be buffed out again with a kit. Paint and gold stripe is faded on front, but there are no cracks or dings. Solid and very good condition for its age.

The black Krauser bags have working locks and one key and are in excellent shape. The chrome side case mount has very little surface rust in a couple of places, and is straight and square. The back rest is in good shape, but there is rust on some of the chrome.

At this time I will sell this as a package deal only, and prefer cash and carry. I will not ship or part out. I am located about 100 miles north of St. Louis on the Mississippi across the river from Quincy, IL., and might be able to help in delivery of a reasonable distance. I can email more photos of the individual pieces upon request.

$400

Thanks
skipn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #459
skipn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
1977 BMW R75/7 in NE Missouri with touring kit

1977 BMW R75/7 with 28,xxx miles. Done in last 90 days: new tires, tubes, battery, front brake pads, plugs & plug wires, all fluids and filters replaced, petcock screens cleaned. Tack and speedo recently serviced-- odometer was working at time of service. All research indicates this is an actual 28,000 mile bike. I am the third owner.

Under seat storage tray, tool kit, and 2 shop manuals included. Currently has single exhaust system, but I have the dual exhaust headers to include in sale.

Touring package is off this R75/7. Black Luftmeiser fairing is complete with mounting brackets and wiring . The windscreen has some scuffs but probably could be buffed out again with a kit. Paint and gold stripe is faded on front, but there are no cracks or dings. Solid and very good condition for its age.

The black Krauser bags have working locks and one key, and are in excellent shape. The chrome side case mount has very little surface rust in a couple of places, and is straight and square. The back rest is in good shape, but there is rust on some of the chrome.

Missouri title in hand and I prefer cash and carry. I am located about 100 miles north of St. Louis on the Mississippi across the river from Quincy, IL., and might be able to help in delivery of a reasonable distance. I can email more photos upon request.

$3000

skipn screwed with this post 11-26-2012 at 11:35 AM Reason: dropped price
skipn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #460
JLeather
Bike Butcherer

Oddometer: 291
FS - /2 Sidestand and Repop(?) /5 Shocks

Cleaning up my garage to make room for some new toys. Ran across these. First up is a /2 sidestand. I think it's a Flanders but there aren't any markings that I can find. Has the little anti-rotation tab broken off which will need to be welded back on (not uncommon). It's in pretty good shape otherwise. Comes with the mounting bolts as shown, sorry no spring. $60 +shipping from MD 21754

Up next is a set of shocks that appear to be some sort of reproduction of early /5 shocks? There's some lettering under the springs, I think it says "S&W". Not leaking, the aluminum needs buffing and the yellow paint needs retouching (or repainted black if you prefer). I've got no use for them. $50 +shipping from MD 21754

JLeather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #461
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 552
WTB: RS Fairing

Thinking of converting my R80RT to an R80RS, anyone have an RS fairing with brackets? I'll take the beat up and well used but mint and unused also accepted!

Also, any leads on breakers/salvage yards that might have one are much appreciated.

Depending on cost I may just look for a R100RS and bid farewell to the R80RT.
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #462
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,403
Limey,

Have you ridden an RS bike? After the RT an RS will not get you the longer distances or so the theory goes. An RS leaned over rider puts pressure on the arms. Arms get tired, elbows ache.

Hope you find what you want.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
disston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #463
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
Limey,

Have you ridden an RS bike? After the RT an RS will not get you the longer distances or so the theory goes. An RS leaned over rider puts pressure on the arms. Arms get tired, elbows ache.

Hope you find what you want.
I'm OK on an RS but I agree the RT is the more comfortable of the two. It has more to do with me liking the visual of an RS over the RT.
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #464
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
I'm OK on an RS but I agree the RT is the more comfortable of the two. It has more to do with me liking the visual of an RS over the RT.
Everybody does. The RS is one of the sexiest motorcycles ever made. If you are under 40 years old it may last for a couple of years.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
disston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #465
Wirespokes
Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer: 7,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
Everybody does. The RS is one of the sexiest motorcycles ever made. If you are under 40 years old it may last for a couple of years.
Agreed (on the sexy part) but I'm a couple decades over that age limit and still enjoy mine for longer distances.

However I do know of many guys who aren't comfortable on the RS - especially long distance.