Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #106
Dirtnadvil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
Looking for a starter part

I am hoping someone has a part I need. I am looking for the bell housing on a Bosch r75 starter motor. It is the part that houses the starter gear and mounts up to the engine compartment. I am not sure of the name of the part.. Mine is broken to pieces.........
Old 08-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #107
Ben Carufel
Boxer Addict

Oddometer: 633
I have a good condition /5 headlight bucket. No rust. California bike. Some small scratching on one side. Bucket is still round, no major dings/dents/etc.

$125 shipped CONUS.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #108
boxerboy81
Stay Horizontal

Oddometer: 2,344
R100RS fairing parts.

I've got a whole R100RS fairing for sale.

It's in Croydon, Victoria (Melbourne), Oz so I'm doubting most of you lot will be interested.

It's not perfect, in fact most pieces need some care and repair. You can see what's needed via these pix. For someone that knows how to repair this stuff, it shouldn't be too hard to spruce them up.

$25 Right upper panel. See the repair right upper.. the repair extends down 3-4 inches below where you can see and would tidy up with some sanding.

$20 Left upper panel. The two female screw fasteners are there, but the lower one has had a previous repair.

$15 Right lower panel.
The two lower fasteners are in situ, but the surrounds are cracked and could do with an epoxy repair for strength.

Both the left and right lowers have had the thin piece above the engine bar hole removed.

$15. Front centre headlight piece. Very usable.
edit: Hmm the front on shot has disappeared. It's good though.

$10. Left lower panel. Lugs stuffed, small crack above spark plug cutout, lower attachments kaput.

$10. Front lower centre piece. Upper three lugs gone, but would attach fine via the other 6 screw points. Mod made to lateral vented area. Otherwise solid!

$15

Old 08-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #109
seaswood
seaswood

Oddometer: 169
R100 / R 75 big bore as new

2 Bikes both rebuilt new paint, new engines, transmissions, all new hard to find parts.
Buying two bikes one finished /5 75 bored to 850 newly done engine. One R100 new engine nicasil cylinders all new parts to be finished with 1980's ignition as all brakes parts. Both bikes from 70's.
Redone by older BMW mechanic

Interest is there interest in bikes in fresh or new paint new engines new parts, it goes on.

But as I am interested I may not need two more bikes.
Just looking to see what interest there is, before I jumpin.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #110
CurlyMike
Formerly SaddleSoar

Oddometer: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeather View Post
Cleaning the shop up, someone can use these. First up is a /5 SWB seat. It's a stock pan I believe, has the stickers underneath and all. Very clean pan. Looks like the seat was recovered at some point, but not recently. Cover is nice, no tears and still soft, just a little dirty. Only problem is it doesn't roll over the edges of the pan. Whoever redid the seat just cut it off flush around the pan so the edge of the cover looks a little ragged. Fine for a rider, don't hardly notice it when it's on the bike. $100 +shipping from MD 21754. Can eMail pics, shoot me a PM.

Second is a pair of /7 valve covers. Pretty clean, painted or powder coated black with polished fin edges. A few scratches on the underside of one but no real damage. $50 for the pair.

PM sent about seat...
Old 08-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #111
hwy61
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaswood View Post
2 Bikes both rebuilt new paint, new engines, transmissions, all new hard to find parts.
Buying two bikes one finished /5 75 bored to 850 newly done engine. One R100 new engine nicasil cylinders all new parts to be finished with 1980's ignition as all brakes parts. Both bikes from 70's.
Redone by older BMW mechanic

Interest is there interest in bikes in fresh or new paint new engines new parts, it goes on.

But as I am interested I may not need two more bikes.
Just looking to see what interest there is, before I jumpin.
I'm interested in knowing what the interest you're asking?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #112
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy61 View Post
I had the same question. I reported it. It sounded like somebody who had a line on a couple of bikes and was thinking of turning them over for a quick profit. If this is not the case then please explain.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Old 08-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #113
lake_harley
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 679
Looking For/ Right Side, White Krauser Case

The '75 R75/6 I bought recently came with mount framework but only one side case. It's the white Krauser bag with the "seat belt" type attachment latch. The one I have is the left and I'm interested in finding it's mate for the right side. The case I have is quite weathered, the surface is quite rough, and would be glad to have another in similar, rather poor, cosmetic condition. My intent with the bike is to get it running and functioning nicely but cosmetics are not too important to me. It's a sort of "long in the tooth" looking bike now, and I have no intent for a full restoration. I can take and send pictures of my left case to make sure it gets matched, since I'm new to airheads and may not be describing something correctly.

My location is Southeast Missouri, but hope to be traveling West - toward the Denver area, and Southeast - toward Asheville NC in the next 6 weeks.

Lynn
(573) 788-2574
IBA Member #49541
Old 08-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #114
seaswood
seaswood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy61 View Post
Is there interest in a as new R100 engine bike frame.
As I would love to keep them if they come my way.
Really do not have the space to keep 2 more bikes long term.
There are a lot of /5 /7 bikes sold but rarely do I see any as new in new paint.
The seller will not separate bikes parts tools etc.

Just asking to see what interest there is in older new bike.
May use as trade in for new GS.
Does that answer your question?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #115
seaswood
seaswood

Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
I had the same question. I reported it. It sounded like somebody who had a line on a couple of bikes and was thinking of turning them over for a quick profit. If this is not the case then please explain.
See your point may of been better to wait just thought I would ask first.
Not everyone is looking for new paint as yes it costs more. One I would keep the other would use as a trade in if there was no interest. Asked here as this group seems to know the older bmws. that is all
Old 08-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #116
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,955
Well it's kinda hard for anybody to say just what interest there might be from a group as loosely formed as this one. There is interest always. The question really is; Is there money. Will it sell. We go out of our way to look at bikes all the time. Will somebody buy one of these? I don't know. Same thing with the tools. If you have the shop tools and tool kits from the bikes they sell. But not always for a lot.

You need better descriptions, year, model, condition and detailed pictures to generate very much interest. At this point it's rather pointless.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Old 08-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #117
benthic
glutton 4 punishment

Oddometer: 397
Anyone have a front fender for a /7 they would part with? Or a ratty seatpan?
www.blindfishz.com
Old 08-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #118
Toyanvil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,654
FS 1993 BMW GS-PD in California

I am selling my 1993 BMW GS-PD with 92xxx miles and counting. This bike left the factory a GS but left the dealer a GSPD I believe I am the third owner. This bike has been loved its whole life and has been ridden the way BMW meant it to be. I have replaced front and rear brakes, tires, starter and powder coated sub frame, motor guards and both stands Trans clip has been done. Fox shock. It is a great bike to ride, steet or dirt. Last ride I did on it was the Ride for Kids / Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation dual sport ride at Glen Helen Raceway and it did great. Here are some pictures taken that day, the first one was taken by TINK an inmate here

later that day

I am looking for $7000 and you get all the extras in my garage for it, which includes the stock boxes and set of Touratech boxes with custom mount,low front fender, extra high front fender NIB, rear fender,side covers,stock headlight guard, set of almost new Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara tires, dual seat and all the small parts. I will not sell the extras until the bike is sold, I will take $6000 with stock boxes no extras.

custom mount

Touratech boxes

low fender
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Hell, some of the places I’ve been there weren’t even roads!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #119
pthomas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyanvil View Post
I am selling my 1993 BMW GS-PD with 92xxx miles and counting.
Don't I wish I had an extra 7k right about now.

1974 R90/6
Old 08-29-2012, 05:37 AM   #120
tete
clown shoes

Oddometer: 346
looking for R90/7 seat.

Thanks
Closed Thread