Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #1351
Beater
Mighty Unclean

Oddometer: 3,111
Three people were pretty quick to inquire about the tools ... and yes ... My two little girls will be the sole recipients of the man's gift. They're both pretty excited. Thanks, Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorg View Post
Looks like I am late on the tools...
Beater you should 'sell' those to yourself and split the money between your girls.

Beater screwed with this post 05-25-2013 at 08:28 PM
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #1352
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer: 4,587
Rear Disc brake Conversion.

From an '83 R100RS.

Everything you need to convert your dorky rear drum brake to a disk. Wheel, rear drive, very nice disk, caliper, Mc, all lines, reservoir, Swing arm housing (maybe the whole thing) torque arm, brackets, etc. But you will need some new pads to match the new(ish) disk.

Bolt on cool.

No price. Thing is, I need drum brake parts. So I'm happy to trade for what you got. How much money depends on what goes which way. I'm cheap----both ways.
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #1353
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater View Post
Three people were pretty quick to inquire about the tools ... and yes ... My two little girls will be the sole recipients of the man's gift. They're both pretty excited. Thanks, Fred
Wow!!! Really cool story, Fred.
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #1354
GCCR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Very cool story. I know the girls will appreciate the money, if only they could do something kind in return. Thanks for sharing the story.
GCCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #1355
bigrocko
Fat Guy

Oddometer: 73
battery cover needed

anyone have a monoshock r.h. battery cover
thanks
bigrocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #1356
lagfish
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
WTB: Ate brake calipers

I'm looking to purchase one 38mm Ate caliper, or two 40mm Ate calipers. I'm looking to convert my 74 R90/6 to dual front brakes because the standard brake sucks.
lagfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #1357
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre170 View Post
Sorry all....I didn't mean to seem rude by not posting prices. All PM's have been replied to. Many takers on a lot of the stuff....no official sales yet. I'll keep sold items updated.

Here ya go:

All prices are OBO and will have shipping fees added to it (I'll only charge what I have to pay for shipping).

Bags150
Mirrors35
Choke Lever15
Handlebars30
Speedo35
Rack30
Headlight Ears15
pump10

Sent you a pm.
zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #1358
Kanticoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre170 View Post
I'm in the process of turning my bike into a cafe. I've got many parts I've stripped off that I don't need. Some in great shape, others are definitely used. PM me if you are interested. I can send better photos and more details. Here is what I've got:

All items came off my '78 R100/7

Side Bags
Chrome Bag Rack
Rear fender (no cracks)
Both side view mirrors
Speedo/tachometer cluster
Speedo/tachometer mounting bracket
Stock blinker relay
Headlight mounting ears
Brake light assembly (broken plastic)
Rear turn signals and mounting bar
Handle bar
Handle bar mounts
Air box
Black plastic tubes connecting air box to carb (and all brackets)
Choke lever and cables
Fuel crossover line and splitters
Tire air pump

I'm very interested in the bag racks. Need 'em for my resto!!! Pm inbound.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Kanticoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #1359
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrocko View Post
anyone have a monoshock r.h. battery cover
thanks
I believe I do.
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #1360
Humboldt Airhead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
R90/6 crank

Hello out there!!

I need a crank for a R90/6. Anyone got one to sell?

Thanks, Jim 707-599-7575 N. CA.
Humboldt Airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #1361
Kt-88
I like everything.

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt Airhead View Post
Hello out there!!

PM sent
Kt-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:32 AM   #1362
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,802
Wanted dead Bing Carburetors

Wanted dead Bing Carburetors ...

got any dead Bing carbs left over from Mikuni carburetor conversions?

please send PM or email with details .. thanks,
_cy_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #1363
jjwithers
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
I'll have one if you can wait a month or two for me to pick the block up from storage, and find the time to take the crank out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt Airhead View Post
Hello out there!!

jjwithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #1364
airheadpilot
Le Poulet du Dťsert

Oddometer: 287
1983 R80ST "G/S Special"

I have real mixed feelings about this, but Iím putting my 1983 BMW R80ST G/S special up for sale. I had a blast building this bike and have really enjoyed riding it. In fact, Iíd really like to keep it. However, Iím really trying to simplify my life and get down to a maximum of three bikes for the next few years while Iím in school. I canít part with my R75/5, and there are rumors that my stepfatherís pristine R60/2 might be coming my way soon. The R80 G/ST overlaps a lot with my daily driver, a Yamaha Super Tenere and, as much as I love it, I think itís better going to a new home. I bought this bike as a junky basket-case R80ST in 2009 and set about building my idea of the ideal backroads camping airhead, sparing no expense along the way when I wanted something. Itís not perfect, and itís been ridden off-road and put away dirty, which is how a G/S should b e ridden, I feel, but it is a pretty special bike. Here are the particulars:
Mileage on the bike was in the mid-90Kís when I bought it (I donít completely remember the number). Both the tach and the speedo needing rebuilding, so I fairly quickly swapped the stock instruments with an Acewell computer. The current mileage reading is 13,325, so there are over 100K on the chassis.
Engine and Drivetrain

Main bearings, thrust washers, and oil pump are untouched.

Complete top-end rebuild, including big end rod bearings, new wrist bushings and balanced con rods

1000cc Nikasil cylinders and new 9.5:1 pistons, wrist pins, and rings. Rings are well seated Ė the bike burns no oil. Cylinders were powdercoated black, because I like that look in an air-cooled motor.

1977 large port, large valve heads, completely rebuilt by Ted Porter in Scotts Valley. Single plugged.

New timing chain and timing cover seals. Stock camshaft.

BMW oil cooler, centrally mounted

Deeper sump and bash plate

40mm Bing CV carbs

Moorespeed rallye-style air cleaner with K&N filter

Keihan stainless steel headers and collector

Zach stainless steel muffler

Relocated remote crankcase breather

I havenít touched the clutch, transmission, or driveshaft. The clutch doesnít slip, the transmission shifts smoothly and has no metal on the plug when I change the gear lube, and the shaft runs smooth and quiet. The tranny has started to weep around a few seals, though. Not enough to drip on the floor, but enough to collect the dust when you ride down those dirt roads.

The final drive has been professionally rebuilt by Ted Porter with NOS 32:10 gears direct from Germany. This allows the running of the 3-lug rear end and spoked wheel, but drops the revs for more relaxed freeway cruising. Donít worry Ė the motor still has plenty of grunt to make slow speed trail riding enjoyable.
Wheels, Brakes, and Suspension
The front end is from a 2002 Yamaha WR426F, and uses the Kayaba 46mm inverted forks.
Triple clamps are from Applied Racing and have minimal offset. I also have the stock Yamaha triple clamps, which go with the bike when itís sold Ė they have more offset than the AR clamps, but not as much as the BMW.
Steering stem was custom machined to allow the Yamaha front end to mate nicely to the BMW headstock with no modification required to the BMW frame.
Forks were rebuilt and modified by Super Plush Suspension in San Francisco. They were shortened to match the length of the R80 G/S stock forks, fitted with custom-wound springs and the supermoto damping stack. Handling is awesome and no more flexy front end!
Front wheel is the stock Yamaha hub laced to a 21Ē x 1.85 Excel rim, which was anodized black. The wheel was built by Woodyís Wheel Works using extra heavy-duty stainless spokes and sealed bearings.
The front rotor is an EBC 320mm full floater gripped by the Yamaha Nissin two-pot caliper. A custom Spiegler braided stainless brake line allows it to be actuated by the BMW master cylinder. Braking is excellent - as good or better than any airhead Iíve ever owned, and you can do a lot better than that caliper.
The rear shock is Wilberís highest end model, with remote reservoir and fully adjustable for preload, rebound, and high- and low-speed compression damping.
The rear wheel is the stock BMW hub laced to the stock BMW rim, which was powdercoated black. The wheel was built by Woodyís Wheel Works using extra heavy-duty stainless spokes.
Continental TKC-80 tires front and rear. Front has plenty of life left; rear is going to need to be replaced soon
Electrical
Enduralast 450-watt charging system provides plenty of juice and means that you never have to carry a spare rotor or diode board.
Motorrad Elektrikís Alpha electronic ignition replaces the stock bean can Hall Effect sensor.
New coil, plug wires, and caps.
Nippon-Denso starter motor
Odyssey battery
Trailtech HID auxillary lights on the crash bars, wired into the left switch housing
Auxillary power port in the fairing that runs all the accessories off a relay and a nice thick wire from the battery.
LED voltmeter
Acewell clock with speed and tach and all of the idiot lights
Halogen projector beam low beam and separate halogen high beam
Touratech locking powered mount for Garmin Zumo 550 GPS (Zumo not included)
LED extra brake light
Heated grips, and a BMW accessory socket for a heated jacket, battery tender, etc.
Wired with an extra relay in the horn circuit to run an air horn, although I donít currently have one mounted.
Chassis
Stock rear fender and Acerbis vented Baja front fender Ė both home-painted.
I have a KTM 950 Adventure low fender that I planned to (someday) fit instead of the high fender
Steel 8.5-gallon Paris-Dakar tank. Bought new by me from Germany and powdercoated to match the fenders. New cap and rubber mounts.
Britannia Composites Lynx fairing.
Pro-Taper Fat Bar handlebar
Renazco Racing suede saddle
Reinforced pannier rack with BMW panniers Ė using the later style locks
Flying T-Pot heavy duty side stand
Custom-made lowered foot pegs
Asking $7,500 firm. I realize thatís kind of a lot of money for a home-built bike, but thatís what itís worth to me. However, for that price I will also include an undented and un-rusted 6-gallon R100GS fuel tank and a spare 5-speed transmission (not rebuilt, but a good back-up for when the tranny in the bike goes). Happy to answer any questions about the bike.
Andrew (650) 269-4736 airheadpilot gmail com

Old 05-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #1365
Charleetho
Mr. Zoom Zoom

Oddometer: 1,746
Beautiful 1980 R100RS

For Sale
1980 BMW R100RS Pearl white. Beautiful bike.

$5200.00

Just over 50,000 miles. It has a new clutch, timing chain and gears just a few thousand miles ago. (that is how it was advertised by the dealer)

Includes Krauser side cases. Paint is excellent. The only cosmetic flaws I see are a few stress cracks around the mirrors and a couple small dents in the right muffler. Tires are in great shape.
Runs great. Does leave a couple small spots of oil on the garage floor when left over night. I think it is the oil pan gasket and have a new gasket for it. Just don't have the time to install it.
The only thing I can think of that is wrong is the trip meter reset knob is gone.
Clean title
I purchased this bike a few months ago from a friend (blakebird) who purchased it from Gateway BMW in St Louis. The RS is iconic and I have always wanted to own one. However, I have the opportunity to buy another “must own someday” bike and selling this will help fund it.
Located in Parker, CO
2012 FJR1300, 05 R1200GS, 99 ATK490, 1993 Ducati 900SS, (must stop looking in Flea Market!)
Charleetho is online now   Reply With Quote