Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > 2 smokers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #1
stainlesscycle OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,122
where to get betor/ceriani fork cap springs.

i've tried replacing the springs for betor's top cap valve assembly - the tiny ball bearing/spring deal. i have the proper size bearings, just can't find a spring that works well. i'm sure it's a cheap little spring, just can't find them anywhere. i've got 5 or 6 pairs of these forks, and the spring has disintegrated in most of them.. i'd rather not buy the whole cap assembly, which i've found nos.. anyone here found one that works? i believe it's a 3.5mm compression spring, can't get wire diameter/free length from any that i have, they're all rusty/falling apart. i think 1 1/8" compression spring will work, but i have no idea what the spring rate is. i know it's goofy, but if the rate is too weak, they spit fluid at every hard hit.. and if too hard, they build pressure too fast, and blow seals/make for a hard ride. mcmaster has a few sizes, hate to buy $25 worth of 100's of springs to get the right one..

i guess i could order a random set with the correct diameter and see if the rate is too high/low and through process of elimination figure it out.
07 gasgas xc300-94 duc 900ss-86 morini camel (2)-84 IT200-83 IT175-78 guzzi lm1-77 pursang 250-76 morini 3 1/2 strada-76 frankentaco pursang 200-74 frankentaco pursang 200-74 morini 3 1/2 sport-74 mz ts250/0-74 puch 175 (3)-73 can-am 175tnt-71 guzzi frankeneldo-71 ossa Stiletto-70 frankentaco sherpa s(2)-66 morini corsarino(2)-63 morini corsaro + many more

stainlesscycle screwed with this post 05-04-2012 at 03:52 AM
stainlesscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
PSchrauber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 804
No problem, if you can give me the scales in metric dimensions of the spring and probably the ball if you need him too?,

Btw. there are still fork caps available, and even fork caps for 35mm Betors and Marzocchis where you can adjust the fork spring pressure on the fly, (with an allen key), very good for adjust the sag of the fork.
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:57 AM   #3
PSchrauber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 804
Mmmh, ... here a ressource: http://www.febrotec.de/content.php?l...&hauptrubrik=2
In english too, you can get every spring you want even buy only one tiny little spring at least when living in Germany.
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote