User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2014, 01:13 AM   #1
tiny-wheel-200 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Trans-Valley plus Knik Glacier trip

Did this neat trip saturday riding trails, section lines, powerlines, ditches and so on from my house near hatcher pass across the valley to the knik river bridge (on trails nearly the whole way), then up the riverside trail to jim creek, then across metal creek to glacier, back across, up metal creek trail, and then back home via a different route than I came for the most part. Ive been to Knik a jillion times like lots of people, but this trip meant more to me due to the fact that it was trails all the way from house to house, like 95 or 100 trail-miles in about 7.5 hours. You really get a sense of how big the valley is, and how fortunate you are to live in a place where this is possible. A long day in 30 degree weather with loads of water crossings and puddle splash, and just the right amount of mud. Was wearing goretex waders so I stayed warm the whole day. The video should be viewable 2 hours after this is posted. Hope you all enjoy it. Just an inch of ice showing on the glacier toe lake. Would have loved to skate there, but its not quite ready. Jim and metal creek crossings were shallow and uncomplicated on a cycle. Trail was relatively fast and dry, but still some puddles and whatnot. The riverside trail was passable, but there are 2 cottonwood logs that would prevent a rig from getting by, they could be sawed real easy. Helped some stuck-a$$ed folks who just about tipped their SXS into metal creek whee it pushes up against the moraine, but otherwise an awesome and uneventful trip on a fine october day.

http://youtu.be/gqhj4eIGm7o

tiny-wheel-200 screwed with this post 10-19-2014 at 05:38 AM
tiny-wheel-200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
Herkjerk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Man I really wish we woulda been able to ride with you!
Herkjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:37 AM   #3
tiny-wheel-200 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herkjerk View Post
Man I really wish we woulda been able to ride with you!
No worries. You should have got in touch when you had your wreck. At the time I had a parts bike that would have solved all your problems. Just sold it 2 weeks ago.
tiny-wheel-200 is online now   Reply With Quote