ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #46
ScottG
Razor Sharp
 
ScottG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Draper, Utah
Oddometer: 264
What you looking to buy to replace the White Knight?
__________________
Current Bikes:
2009 BMW F800GS
1978 Yamaha DT 250(project bike)
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #47
rtadlock OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
rtadlock's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,232
KTM 500 xcw...but I might go for a one or two year old 530. I just want to go back to ripping on a little bike...still want it to be plated to link all the trails together, but I'm tired of the weight of the 990.
__________________
KTM 500 XCW
rtadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #48
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post
KTM 500 xcw...but I might go for a one or two year old 530. I just want to go back to ripping on a little bike...still want it to be plated to link all the trails together, but I'm tired of the weight of the 990.
You're doing it wrong!







I think there might be a reason why so many of us have the 9&5 combo.
(those of us that can't have the 9&6&5&4&3&2 combo that is... )




*tic*
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #49
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?
 
bodhizafa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, Co.
Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
You're doing it wrong!







I think there might be a reason why so many of us have the 9&5 combo.
(those of us that can't have the 9&6&5&4&3&2 combo that is... )




*tic*
We already told him that.
__________________
I'll have one if you do.....
bodhizafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #50
derm75
I'm a brother shamus...
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post
That's the one thing I don't like about the WR. Abover 11 feet, it barley has enough power to move.
I put about 6000 miles on one. Try 12-44 gearing and don't be afraid to rev the heck out of it, redline is 11500 RPM. An FMF pipe, the Attitude Industries FI programmer, and the airbox flapper mod make a big difference. I took mine to 13000 ft without problem and cruised at 75mph on the highway.
__________________
It's better to regret something you did, than something you didn't do.
'08 Kawasaki KLR685
'09 Husqvarna TE250
derm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #51
rtadlock OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
rtadlock's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
You're doing it wrong!







I think there might be a reason why so many of us have the 9&5 combo.
(those of us that can't have the 9&6&5&4&3&2 combo that is... )


*tic*
Yeah, yeah, Jay and Sean have been saying the same thing. I barley have enough time to ride one bike...
__________________
KTM 500 XCW
rtadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #52
rtadlock OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
rtadlock's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by derm75 View Post
I put about 6000 miles on one. Try 12-44 gearing and don't be afraid to rev the heck out of it, redline is 11500 RPM. An FMF pipe, the Attitude Industries FI programmer, and the airbox flapper mod make a big difference. I took mine to 13000 ft without problem and cruised at 75mph on the highway.
Yeah, I've taken it over 12k a few times now too. Lower gearing would help for sure. I think that would help with the useless 6th gear when about ~7k feet on I-70 too.
__________________
KTM 500 XCW
rtadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #53
ColoSean
Yard-sale Expert
 
ColoSean's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Western, CO
Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post
Yeah, yeah, Jay and Sean have been saying the same thing. I barley have enough time to ride one bike...
Hey now, let's all be nice to Rob. He's got a huge pile of sand in his vagina and it's kind of itchy. Just because the power and torque of the 990 scare him, and he wets his bed most nights; doesn't mean that he can't go out and buy something smaller.
ColoSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #54
rtadlock OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
rtadlock's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,232
That didn't take long....

My new dirtbike

2013 500 XCW. Plated and ready to rock.
__________________
KTM 500 XCW
rtadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #55
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated
 
Narsisco Lopez's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Golden (Showers), Colorado
Oddometer: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post
That didn't take long....



2013 500 XCW. Plated and ready to rock.
Let the farkling begin... they make a 12 gallon Safari tank for that yet?
__________________
FYYFF!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtpUv4VBDhA
Bikes: 2013 BMW K1600GT
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #56
toddler
Unpronouncible
 
toddler's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Pinewood Springs, CO(between Lyons and Estes Park)
Oddometer: 2,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post
That didn't take long....



2013 500 XCW. Plated and ready to rock.
Stop by OB tomorrow and we can give you the scoop on what to get and what not to get for it.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #57
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,633
What's the difference with the 2012... BNG?

Congrats Rob!
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #58
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu View Post
Hey now, let's all be nice to Rob. He's got a huge pile of sand in his vagina and it's kind of itchy. Just because the power and torque of the 990 scare him, and he wets his bed most nights; doesn't mean that he can't go out and buy something smaller.
sounds like you guys are getting ready to vote him out of the pack! Blood in Blood out?



Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #59
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?
 
bodhizafa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, Co.
Oddometer: 630
I'd vote him out.......but I'm looking for something similar, maybe Sean will vote us both out.

But I'm keeping the GS.
__________________
I'll have one if you do.....
bodhizafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:17 AM   #60
toddler
Unpronouncible
 
toddler's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Pinewood Springs, CO(between Lyons and Estes Park)
Oddometer: 2,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhizafa View Post
I'd vote him out.......but I'm looking for something similar, maybe Sean will vote us both out.

But I'm keeping the GS.
If you are looking for a little wolf, I got a husky for sale in a bit.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014