ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #781
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer
 
ohgood's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: alabama
Oddometer: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Chen View Post
I know, we should not use tennis courts for gymkhana but the place is not in good shape, so might as well.

But for sure no brake marks as the space is relatively small and that we do not get to go that fast.

For helmets I totally agree, we should wear them whenever we ride. But here, we are in our first days and with the helmets we cannot communicate properly. Hope that we will keep things under control and have great fun.
I'm sorry, I was only being sarcastic... I did not think it might be taken literally.

that's actually a great job of using what is available , and making recreation where there was none.
__________________
Donkeys are flying
ohgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #782
Ming Chen
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Mauritius
Oddometer: 10
Do

No need to feel sorry, there's a lot of truth in what you said.
Ming Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #783
Vulfy OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Vulfy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Chen View Post
How many times we should do it from start to finish?

I've a lot of attempts for under 30 seconds.
Welcome!

It is 5 laps. Here is the clip on GP8 and how to count laps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6AfZF72btc

If you guys are under 30 seconds for 5 laps, that is very competitive time for that course. Kudos!
Vulfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #784
Ming Chen
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Mauritius
Oddometer: 10
Thanks

Thanks Vulfy
Ming Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #785
Motogymkhanaman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Stratford on Avon, England
Oddometer: 211
Quote:
I intended posting a link to the NZ gymkhana website but it seems to have shrugged off this mortal coil
Oops, forgot about you folks down in New Zealand. There was a brave attempt to get things up and running there, but it has all gone very quiet. My old friend Allan Kirk of the Megarider organisation down in New Zealand has always said that getting people to ride the bike rather than just riding the (magnificent) scenery was always a difficult task.
__________________
Dedicated to the wonderful sport of Moto Gymkhana
Motogymkhanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #786
Harvey Krumpet
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: The Shaky Isles
Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motogymkhanaman View Post
Oops, forgot about you folks down in New Zealand. There was a brave attempt to get things up and running there, but it has all gone very quiet. My old friend Allan Kirk of the Megarider organisation down in New Zealand has always said that getting people to ride the bike rather than just riding the (magnificent) scenery was always a difficult task.
Yup, that's my take on it. I'm from Northumberland originally & lived in Scotland for 12 years, it may be hard to believe but the riding & roads down here knock those fantastic areas into a cocked hat. I'm still pinching myself after 17 years of it.
Harvey Krumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #787
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer
 
Knightwork's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 901
I was over in Birmingham @ BMW a couple weeks or so ago--Saw ya'll setting up the course and running it -would really be interested in participating and probably would bring a couple more guys from Mississippi with me next time ya'll do a GK

I did not have time to do anything after they got thru working on my bike --had to trailer back to Ms. and see my daughter --she had come home from college and I promised to go out with her and a bunch of friends---

Thought about how much good it would do me and how much I could learn from Ya'll --

Let me know when ya'll gonna do it again

Thanks Knightwork
__________________

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #788
Ming Chen
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Mauritius
Oddometer: 10
Gymkhana on my Suzuki Burgman

Sorry for the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1xkPs9K1Ao
Ming Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #789
Motogymkhanaman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Stratford on Avon, England
Oddometer: 211
A great photo series from the Moto Gymkhana events in Poland.


__________________
Dedicated to the wonderful sport of Moto Gymkhana
Motogymkhanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #790
Redclayrider
Long time gone
 
Redclayrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Hueytown Alabama
Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
I was over in Birmingham @ BMW a couple weeks or so ago--Saw ya'll setting up the course and running it -would really be interested in participating and probably would bring a couple more guys from Mississippi with me next time ya'll do a GK

I did not have time to do anything after they got thru working on my bike --had to trailer back to Ms. and see my daughter --she had come home from college and I promised to go out with her and a bunch of friends---

Thought about how much good it would do me and how much I could learn from Ya'll --

Let me know when ya'll gonna do it again

Thanks Knightwork
Knightwork, you and any one else are welcomed to attend our next event. It will be next spring. The date has not been set yet. I'm sure it will be posted here, on AMGRASS, and Bamarides.
Redclayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #791
Vulfy OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Vulfy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 559
Quick update: To my complete and utter surprise, my DRZ was recovered. Gas tank was banged up, so had to replace it. A few weeks at the local mechanic, finally got her back.
New tires, chain, rear sprocket, brakes.
Took her out for a spin. Hopping between different ergonomics of Triumph and DRZ is a bit of a challenge. New tires didn't provide grip that I could trust yet, as well. Gonna start posting more practice videos on her, weather permitting.

I really want to get to that 30 second mark this season.

Vulfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #792
Motogymkhanaman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Stratford on Avon, England
Oddometer: 211
Well done Vulfy on getting your bike back. There is no better feeling than when what was lost is found again.

Looking forward to seeing your videos, but isn't it getting a bit cold in NYC now? Cold tyres and slippery surfaces give you a real good workout on those throttle control skills and generally improve your confidence.
__________________
Dedicated to the wonderful sport of Moto Gymkhana
Motogymkhanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #793
Motogymkhanaman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Stratford on Avon, England
Oddometer: 211
Check this out!

My bike won't do Moto Gymkhana is a cry we often hear, so it's always nice to see a rider proving beyond doubt that it doesn't matter what bike you ride, it's how you ride it that counts.



__________________
Dedicated to the wonderful sport of Moto Gymkhana
Motogymkhanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #794
TheWall
0 miles and counting
 
TheWall's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere in the cold, frozen north
Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulfy View Post
Quick update: To my complete and utter surprise, my DRZ was recovered. Gas tank was banged up, so had to replace it. A few weeks at the local mechanic, finally got her back.
New tires, chain, rear sprocket, brakes.
Took her out for a spin. Hopping between different ergonomics of Triumph and DRZ is a bit of a challenge. New tires didn't provide grip that I could trust yet, as well. Gonna start posting more practice videos on her, weather permitting.

I really want to get to that 30 second mark this season.

Woohoo! Glad to hear your ride has been recovered!
TheWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #795
Harvey Krumpet
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: The Shaky Isles
Oddometer: 882
Great news Vulfy!

Great vid MGman!
Harvey Krumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014