Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #1876
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav2 View Post
Sorry I havn't been on here for a few days so just caught up with all the happenings. Im back in NZ now , its been very cold . Took Mr Fukengruvin up to Cromwell to meet 2 x new grandkids ( twins ) and clocked up 73,000 miles on way home . Had coffee at Queenstown Yamaha and had a laugh wi Jenny there, as I went past WOF testing station I seen gruver Stuarts 800 BMW there so caught up wi him . No sign of Mal and Cag at Kingston , mobile humping hut wasnt there so will txt them . Sepang Motogp was good , I was hoping Valentino would have a good day as I seen him win there before and the locals still love him . 4th was his best , the Hondas had to much grunt out of the corners and when they got in front they were away . So whats yr plan when u get to the bottom of South America. Burt Munroe is later this month, Sid has bought a super quick Suzuki , clocked a crazy speed on straight at Teratonga , Kev has just bought a 748 frame and is putting his 1098 motor into it to try and catch Sid . Keep the pics and stories coming , Cheers Toddy
Heya Toddy, great hearing from you mate.

You won't hear much from Mal and Cag as they are out ridin, not sure if they are back in NZ or not.

As usual we actually don't have a plan other than to get down that way for next Christma 2014/2015 then come back up most probably to Santiago then NZ cos money will be skinny or spent by then.

We need an international sponsor who will keep us going or lotto win

Sounds like the lads are still plying in the racing sandpit, awesome and I miss that, never mind, we are lucky enough to be riding South America now so not the short straw.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #1877
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

The Finca To San Agustin

San Augustin

Leaving the Finca was slippery after some heavy rain during the night and the puddles had grown big...none the least we made it out to the main road with only a few wobbles in the stodgy stuff

Encountering the usual roadworks stops and a heap of trucks was the norm when on main tar roads and today was no exception but it was a smooth run through beautiful farms lands.

Arriving with a bloody barb from a barb wire fence stuck into the tyre we carefully examined it before puling it out, I must be the luckiest guy alive as it has chosen a deep knobbly and had gone in sideways .... WOH HOH escaped!!

We clocked in and took in town as we had arrived with plenty of time, no landslides or epic accidents today ...boring .

We had planned to look at the archeological sites which San Agustin is known for, we opted to do a “jeep” tour which meant we didn’t have to faf around with our gear, it also came with a bonus parque pass for Ellen which made it more attractive and we got to see some extra shit on the tour.... our rig a clapped out Isuzu Trooper POS that rattled and clunked badly ... but it worked.

The hotel owner said part of the road was EXTREMELY dangerous and no good on the motos ..... pift turns out to be a great sales tactic, so we showed him what we had been riding ..... it was funny, nonetheless we wanted a hassle free day where I could sit back and enjoy too .

This fella is 7 metres high

All in all a great day was had, I think we have seen every tomb in the district, I was waiting for Lara Croft to pop out but she never did (I had the camera on boobie mode too), I think she was at lunch or something.

There is the highest waterfall in Colombia there, it is also the second highest in South America at 400 meters high, Angel falls in Venezuela in numero uno although not much rain meant our view of the falls was minimal.

Another claim to fame in the Magdalena River which narrows to just 2 meters wide at one point, it is however 10 meters deep, the bigger thing it is Colombia’s largest largest river and travel south to north 1528 km so nearly 1000 miles into the Caribean sea.

So for those who know what sort of rains Colombia gets you can understand to size of the monster.

We also met Dave, an Ozzie on a Wee Strom travelling north so chats about bike, travel etc again WOH HOH, his bike with Maya

Destination Cali next to the famous Hotel Casa Blanca run by Mike.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #1878
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto kiwis
they have had some epic rain there...

Welcome to epic Colombia, too bad you missed out on that fun road. You guys skipping Venezuela now or coming back around from the South
Angel Falls is worth the trip now especially with the black market shape
Old 11-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #1879
Radioman
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post

Destination Cali next to the famous Hotel Casa Blanca run by Mike.
Say hello to Mike Loving the Colombia adventures!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #1880
holckster
dougholck

Oddometer: 771
Still following along and just enjoyed catching up on your RR.
I attended HU in Cambria this year.
Has it really been a year since your HU Cambria / Lodi visit?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...789269&page=22
You guys continue to overcome all challenges and to meet the nicest folks along your route.
Epic RR.
Which actor do you want to play you when your story is made into a movie?

Cheers
Doug and Janet

04 BMW 1150GS Adventure
08 DR650
02 BMW K1200LTe
05 Yamaha TW200
BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

holckster screwed with this post 11-06-2013 at 12:43 AM
holckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #1881
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
Welcome to epic Colombia, too bad you missed out on that fun road. You guys skipping Venezuela now or coming back around from the South
Angel Falls is worth the trip now especially with the black market shape
Colombia rocks

I think we will go Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Brasil BR319 or 230, Vene, Guayanas and down, Paraguay, Uraguay etc.... who knows.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #1882
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Say hello to Mike Loving the Colombia adventures!
Thanks man, he is a great guy.

Needed to do a fuel pump fix and he got us sorted out through a local contact.

Now there is a second SE in the thread ... important that is
Old 11-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #1883
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by holckster View Post
Still following along and just enjoyed catching up on your RR.
I attended HU in Cambria this year.
Has it really been a year since your HU Cambria / Lodi visit?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...789269&page=22
You guys continue to overcome all challenges and to meet the nicest folks along your route.
Epic RR.
Which actor do you want to play you when your story is made into a movie?

Cheers
Doug and Janet
Heya Doug and Janet

Yeah man time is flying, seems like yesterday we left home, it will be over all too quick.

HU meetings are great eh, we many so many people travelling it was cool.

Actor ... Arnie ... gimme a BIG gun and 10 years at the gym first
Old 11-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #1884
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

San Agustin To Cali

Having had my rock and tomb input more than satisfied we set off on the back road up and over the national park, some said their was no road and some said too dangerous so it immediately took our interest

This is the road for those interested

Not only was it a heap shorter but it was so beautiful and was the closest thing to riding the Milford road in New Zealand

The local Police were leaving to do their thing too so they all took off past us like a shower of shit two up on 250s and hangin it out around the corners ... the boyz were havin fun

Their race finished as they lined up to do their daily stuff

Much like a lot of roads here it started on tarnac then to shingle but the surface was reasonable although rough in places, nearing mid point at the top at just uunder 3300 meters there was a 10 km stretch of new concrete which was a treat, midway along this part was the military checking every vehicle (not that there were many), they stopped us just for a chat with much interest in Maya but only curious as to the orange alien

It started getting cold and ominous black clouds were looming and it wasn't too long before they caved in, the road surface was clay as well so we dropped our pace before we dropped the bike.

Managing to keep the team upright the rain chased others and left us a damp road this being a bonus for no dust until we dropped down to about 2500 meters then back to normal

Over the changing heights the moonscape around us changed offering all sorts, again we stopped just to take it in (and have a leak)

Making it through to Popayan without getting killed was good (or I could not do this writeup) and it was hot as, a quick bite and onward to Cali and a tarseal cowboy blast up the pan-am .....something we try and avoid like the plague ormally but the road condition was great so it made for a relaxing hoon up the main drag

Into Cali to Casa Blanca with Mrs.Garmin taking us to the door sucessfully, so nice to have prearranged accomodation rather than having to hunt it down

Mike had very kindly taken delivery of a pair of replacement boots and our new fuel pump at his Motolombia office which was bloody good, thanks mate really appreciated that.

Next mission was to swap over the fuel pump, should 3/4 hours work b u t the replacement was totally different meaning new brackets and hoses etc and some fabrication work needed

Again Mike to the rescue and he pointed us down the street to a laced called Astrurias and the owner Jorge who let me build some brackets, also did a couple of trips to the hardware store to get clamps etc

Sorry for the shit photos but you get the picture

The result

Mission complete we were ready to ride, because I blew 3/4 day in Jorges man cave and talked with some of his mates and customers we stayed another night at the casa.

We meet Alain as well who is a wealth of knowledge and has many contacts in the motocircles throughout south america

We first got our atention caught looking at his bike seeing Gus and Geoffs sticker as well as Dan and Saras so immediately we had a comnnection.....their stickers now joined by TMK

Alain, Ellen and Jorge and the sticker window

Prior to this we had been contacted by another Jorge, a couchsurfer in the moto community in Cali so he and his friend came and visited us at the casa which was cool, he invited us to have lunch with his family the next day and to stay the night

Plan A was one night in Cali, Plan B redo fuel pump so one more night, Plan C stick around a little longer ...... why not .... no plans, no prob
Old 11-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #1885
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Caliantics Round 1

Jorge and Raul came and picked us up from the casa and we followed them back to Jorges parents house where we were given the celebrity welcome, Jorge had talked us up so we had to behave and be nice.

After an epic lunch the boys took us out for a hot chocolate with cheese....yes cheese, we did of course take the long way round and mum nature decided to step up the game a little.

The race was on

The road turned to track turned to mud turned in lafter and good times, bearing in mind they both ride small roadies which was entertaining for us to follow but full cred neither went down despite several near misses

The track was sloppy in places for the small motos

Boys havin fun

Stopping at a small restaurant was choco time, it was getting on to 6pm so nearly dark, being cold they have ponchos for the customers to wear, groovy outfits man we were locals

We ordered hot chocos with cheese and plantano to share ...yeah

Proof of Chocolate and cheese "chocolate con queso"

The plantano

After chowing down we hit the road for home, we waited for the rain to stop but to no avail we just carried on.

Great day out an including a hooligan night ride through town zipping in and outa traffic with the little bikes, easy as with no luggage
Old 11-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #1886
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Caliantics Round 2

The lake day

Started with a sleep in a big breaky to set us up for the day till lunchtime, a quick hoon around town to the local KTM shop, pick up girlie no 2 (Jorge rocks, new girl each day....onya mate)

Raul and his girlfriend joined us for lunch then the assault on the lake was on, Buenadventura being a no goer due to washouts, great thing is it gets fixed quickly but no good to us.

We got wet....again.....and cold this time, Jorge has his impermiable jeans on, he got very wet so I lent him my wet pants (which were dry) as my klim gear was doing fine.

Darien was the coffee stop warm up center, we got warm but the coffee was crap unanamously agreed by all.

As time was getting on (Note 7.00pm)((never ride in the dark))(((exceptt with local hooligans))) a descision was made to grabsome food in a small town, because we had the LEDs we went up front to guide the crew, reaching our almost destination it was established the bridge had been washed out so that was a no goer, plan b stop there and eat

Given we were 90km away from home we had quite the hoon home in the dark sifting our way through 10km of parked trucks, cars and buses partly due to a truck fail then down the main drag to Cali arriving home at 10 pm

On the way back we went to check out some local pussy

So we broke all the rules and had a blast
Old 11-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #1887
shrek lone rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
nice pic of me you got great to see you guys getting around making the rest of us go green oops I'm already that.... will catch up on Skype again then can show you the floor etc... hugs & gropes to Allen
Old 11-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #1888
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,349
Wicked Hi Andi and Allen

I got 1 of those fuel pumps in my tool box here Andi , think i robbed it out of a honda civic to bleed a diesel one day . Its good to b able to read yr ride regular again . All Blacks had a win over France , Poms next weekend , then Irish . My home in Phills, Bantayan Island got king hit by the big typhoon there , every road blocked , if it wasn't made of concrete it was damaged , very sad , but they will rebuild and life will go on as normal . Ride safe and keep stories and pics coming . Cheers Toddy BTW Gruver Mad German rang yesterday , he has a XT400 and a 1000GSPD in the stable now as well as the 1150GS .
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #1889
trespalacios
Oh libertad

Oddometer: 634
Seems like you guys have been given the Colombian treatment.

Colombia: el peligro es quedarse!

Antioquia, tierra de mis amores
Some trail riding stories
trespalacios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #1890
CourtRand
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
We hope to meet you in Quito and show you some great places to ride in Ecuador. Let us know if you need anything - we are here to help and hope to see you in the middle of the world!

+593(0)98-176-2340 http://FreedomBikeRental.com
court@freedombikerental.com
CourtRand is offline   Reply With Quote