ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #2341
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane Francks View Post
The colours of the landscape way up in elevation there look a lot like Mars. Just colour the sky a brownish coral and away you go. Damn.
Heya Trane

Mate it is a cool place, a stunning starkness that can't be explained until you stand there.

It has a stunning simplicity that is like a train crash just making you look time and again, I feel truly grateful to be able to get to this moonscape and be able to share it with you guys .. life is good!!
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #2342
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokin View Post
Hi Andi and Ellen .
You sure are booting it down to Argentina ,like you took a dislike of the Bolivian people,I don'd blame you the closer we get to Bolivia the people are getting more unfriendly, thank you for the extensive report on the Titikaka lake on the Bolivian side,I visited only two Islands in Puno and had enough of this touristic ripoff Trap ,I don'd think I would come for an extra trip to visit Titikaka Lake.
I will get into Bolivia tomorrow towards la Paz and the Salar then towards Salta in Argentina, not interested in the Atacama Desert ,and Chilean Prices ,maybe some Day.keep up the good reports and pictures .
Safe riding.
Greetings from Norbert and Greti
Heya Norbert and Greti

You guys have been stomping a path too.

The Salar was very wet so we headed south, gonna go down to Santiago, across to Mendoza then back up to Bolivia May in the dry (hopefully) up to Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argie and south for Christmas, we better get our shit together for another gathering
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #2343
ztaj
jatz
 
ztaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Nelson-ish New Zealand
Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post

We met some nice guys starting a tour that day, all of F800’s and GS1200LC, one guy said to his mates wow the real deal pointing at us and our bike (all covered in shit, dust, oil and mud) and on exiting the aduana/customs they saluted as we rode past, that was humbling for us but the reality is they were at the same border on bikes doing it, respect to them too. .... we too started clean and green nearly ]two years ago
Really ?? seems like only yesterday

Stunning pics too BTW
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #2344
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj View Post
Really ?? seems like only yesterday

Stunning pics too BTW
Heya James ..... glad your not here too

Yeah mate time is flying past unreal quick, as age comes on so the the faster clock
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:31 PM   #2345
TeeVee
His mudda was a mudda!
 
TeeVee's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Miami/Managua
Oddometer: 728
Crikey Delis! some awesome stuff.

Got that battery sorted?
__________________
______________
'08 DR650
'07 DL1000
TeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:01 PM   #2346
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
Crikey Delis! some awesome stuff.

Got that battery sorted?
Thanks bro, gotta keep you guys entertained eh

Yeap batteried yesterday, =$268 USD for factory Yuasa YTZ14S ... still better than pushing the bitch!!!

Got new heated grips too cos my leftie has exposed wires!!
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #2347
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,406
Horizons Pics

Good afternoon, ADVers, Hubbers and fello stalkers

Well, we have two photos that have made the final cut down to 25 from 600 excellent photos submitted on the HU Calendar comp so if you think they are worthy please swing us a vote, our are numbers 11 & 12

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...-winners-75142

The $100 cheque is in the mail

Many thanks ....TMK
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #2348
TeeVee
His mudda was a mudda!
 
TeeVee's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Miami/Managua
Oddometer: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Got new heated grips too cos my leftie has exposed wires!!
what? lost your sense of adventure, have ya? what's a little jolt in the palm every now and then? keeps you awake at least...
__________________
______________
'08 DR650
'07 DL1000
TeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #2349
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
what? lost your sense of adventure, have ya? what's a little jolt in the palm every now and then? keeps you awake at least...
LMAO ... whats a little electrocution between friends ... well nothing cos when you are dead you have no friends ...least it hasn't rained yet.

Yeah call me soft ... but the wires poking out ... yeah, bonus is the LHS is MUCH warmer
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #2350
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver
 
hondav2's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: New Zealand , Fiordland
Oddometer: 1,349
Wicked Hi Andi and Ellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Thanks bro, gotta keep you guys entertained eh

Yeap batteried yesterday, =$268 USD for factory Yuasa YTZ14S ... still better than pushing the bitch!!!

Got new heated grips too cos my leftie has exposed wires!!
Voting done , looks like they will be in the calender . $268 for a battery is a bit rich . Called in and seen Cag and Malc yesterday , there good . DR650 clocked up 75,000 miles going thru Kawarau Gorge on sunday . I post mostly in the Asia Philippines section now . I had suggested an ADV Rider Meeting and said i would scout out a suitable location at an island off Southern Luzon . One of the inmates Herc who is regular poster was real keen for it and would get all his mates to go. Sadly when riding home one night he hit another bike and fell off and was ran over by a truck . We lost Herc which left a lot of us felling pretty gutted . Every time I posted pics of the Phills or NZ he would always have a nice comment and say he wished he could do some of the rides with me . 4 weeks and im on the big bird again .
Ride safe u guys and keep the pics and stories coming . Cheers Toddy
__________________
North American Ride Sponsers
www.alaskaleather.com
Big Johnson Motors Tok Alaska
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:43 AM   #2351
Trane Francks
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Trane Francks's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Oddometer: 496
Sorry for your loss, Toddy. I'm hoisting one for the both of you.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #2352
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav2 View Post
Voting done , looks like they will be in the calender . $268 for a battery is a bit rich . Called in and seen Cag and Malc yesterday , there good . DR650 clocked up 75,000 miles going thru Kawarau Gorge on sunday . I post mostly in the Asia Philippines section now . I had suggested an ADV Rider Meeting and said i would scout out a suitable location at an island off Southern Luzon . One of the inmates Herc who is regular poster was real keen for it and would get all his mates to go. Sadly when riding home one night he hit another bike and fell off and was ran over by a truck . We lost Herc which left a lot of us felling pretty gutted . Every time I posted pics of the Phills or NZ he would always have a nice comment and say he wished he could do some of the rides with me . 4 weeks and im on the big bird again .
Ride safe u guys and keep the pics and stories coming . Cheers Toddy
Heya Toddy

Great to here form you mate, sound like you have been gettin out and about.

Caught up with Mal and Cag a while ago on Skype, was real cool and neat to see their faces again.

Very sorry to learn of Herc man that is not good, life can throw in some curve balls for sure.

Have fun over yonda land and keep us posted on events, about this time next year we can sit and have a wine or 10 and a chat about life for a while.

Best to you Toddy (firm man hug included)
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:07 PM   #2353
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane Francks View Post
Sorry for your loss, Toddy. I'm hoisting one for the both of you.
Likewise, got a Chliean red helping me do some writing, salude .

Fixed Lorraines septic tank today, had tree roots, goats and mammoths jammed down the hole, got it sorted now

...I win, got a clean flush rather than a full house
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #2354
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver
 
hondav2's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: New Zealand , Fiordland
Oddometer: 1,349
Wicked Hi Andi and Ellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Heya Toddy

Great to here form you mate, sound like you have been gettin out and about.

Caught up with Mal and Cag a while ago on Skype, was real cool and neat to see their faces again.

Very sorry to learn of Herc man that is not good, life can throw in some curve balls for sure.

Have fun over yonda land and keep us posted on events, about this time next year we can sit and have a wine or 10 and a chat about life for a while.

Best to you Toddy (firm man hug included)
OK when you have dates set for coming home I will try and get a weekend booking for the Mavora Lodge and invite the gruvers and wannabees . I would normally be away now but have a reunion for the Manapouri Tunnel Hard Rockers on april 11th 12th so staying here for it 1st. Ride safe , keep the pics coming . Cheers Toddy
__________________
North American Ride Sponsers
www.alaskaleather.com
Big Johnson Motors Tok Alaska
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #2355
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav2 View Post
OK when you have dates set for coming home I will try and get a weekend booking for the Mavora Lodge and invite the gruvers and wannabees . I would normally be away now but have a reunion for the Manapouri Tunnel Hard Rockers on april 11th 12th so staying here for it 1st. Ride safe , keep the pics coming . Cheers Toddy

A Kiwi Grüvers Gathering .. now that would be cool.

We should be home by half past, if we are running late it will be quarter to!!
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014