User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #2776
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,653
Hey all

We are now in Brasil and heading to Paraguay, we won't be able to post anything other than text as our lappy has stopped charging so we have to get it fixed, we can use our Tab 3 which I am using to post this.

Catch up in a few days
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #2777
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 624
Congrats on getting out alive!
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:32 PM   #2778
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Heya Paul

Classic, love to hear stories like that, payback without trying is cool.

Got a new pisstin so gonna write "urine only" on it to deter any more thieving bastids

Cheers Andi
Hi Andi!
How many languages will you write that in?
jj
ErikMotoMan: "People struggle with many things in their lives. But the answer to struggle isn’t MORE struggle. It’s peace. If you want more joy, peace, love, happiness… you have to GIVE those things first. You have to THINK those things. You have to have faith that they’ll come to you, despite what you may see. The truth isn’t in what you see with your eyes. It’s what you feel in your heart."
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #2779
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,384
Wicked Hi Andi and Ellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Hey all

We are now in Brasil and heading to Paraguay, we won't be able to post anything other than text as our lappy has stopped charging so we have to get it fixed, we can use our Tab 3 which I am using to post this.

Catch up in a few days
Good 1 , Re lappy charging , if the charger has died you can buy universal chargers with interchangeable plugs to suit different makes , I bought one in Phils last year . The guy that sold it to me wanted my old charger so he could cut it in half and repair it . We have been travelling Palawan for the last 3 weeks 1,800 islands here and some amazing scenery. Had big typhoon went very close to Julz home and took roof with it. Family is ok.
Had some fun with a guy trying to rip us off. We wanted to go into Port Barton and were warned tricycles and motorbike riders were a rip off so waited for a Jeepney , a private charter van came along and driver wanted 150p going rate and his offsider 250p each. The tout at corner that done nothing wanted 50p commission so we paid him 50p in advance When we arrived there I gave offsider 500p and he said no change and took us to place to stay and still no change . Girl said he is ok , he will come back. That night he had drunk my change and he says I only have 1000p note , I say I can change that so took it and gave him 500p and said " I will pay u when I get change , well he suddenly changed from a smart C##t to a nasty 1 and abused Julz so i lifted 1 finger and said enough mate and told his mates to get him out of there , I couldnt believe it when they dragged him out of bar . I then told manager i want refund in morning as we are going to stay some where else . Always pays to find out fares in advance here and have correct money . Im over 60 now and managed to get seniors discount for the 1st time here on a boat ride . We are at Coron now waiting for another typhoon to piss off . Plan to go out to another island today . Great diving and snorkle here , a lot of Jap ships were sunk here in WW2. Ride safe and keep the pics coming . Toddy and Julz
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:21 AM   #2780
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane Francks View Post
Congrats on getting out alive!

Thanks Trane

I am quietly very happy to be out of there, I have been writing my Bolivia sum up and to be honest I am struggling, I dont like to dis on places but....
Old 07-22-2014, 06:25 AM   #2781
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by just jeff View Post
Hi Andi!
How many languages will you write that in?
jj

Heya Jeff

Prolly one

"Fuck Off"....they will understand it

Dont know pota, portcha, portag ......that other language
Old 07-22-2014, 06:29 AM   #2782
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav2 View Post
Good 1 , Re lappy charging , if the charger has died you can buy universal chargers with interchangeable plugs to suit different makes , I bought one in Phils last year . The guy that sold it to me wanted my old charger so he could cut it in half and repair it . We have been travelling Palawan for the last 3 weeks 1,800 islands here and some amazing scenery. Had big typhoon went very close to Julz home and took roof with it. Family is ok.
Had some fun with a guy trying to rip us off. We wanted to go into Port Barton and were warned tricycles and motorbike riders were a rip off so waited for a Jeepney , a private charter van came along and driver wanted 150p going rate and his offsider 250p each. The tout at corner that done nothing wanted 50p commission so we paid him 50p in advance When we arrived there I gave offsider 500p and he said no change and took us to place to stay and still no change . Girl said he is ok , he will come back. That night he had drunk my change and he says I only have 1000p note , I say I can change that so took it and gave him 500p and said " I will pay u when I get change , well he suddenly changed from a smart C##t to a nasty 1 and abused Julz so i lifted 1 finger and said enough mate and told his mates to get him out of there , I couldnt believe it when they dragged him out of bar . I then told manager i want refund in morning as we are going to stay some where else . Always pays to find out fares in advance here and have correct money . Im over 60 now and managed to get seniors discount for the 1st time here on a boat ride . We are at Coron now waiting for another typhoon to piss off . Plan to go out to another island today . Great diving and snorkle here , a lot of Jap ships were sunk here in WW2. Ride safe and keep the pics coming . Toddy and Julz
Heya Toddy

Gezz you gettin fighty in your old age mate

Next thing you will be getting thrown outa hotels like those kiwis in Uyuni

Our comp is a mac so not much aftermarket stuff around eh, will get in sorted I am sure.

No more pics tho till that breaths again

Cheers Andi
Old 07-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #2783
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 431
Hi there Andi and Ellen.

I took my eye off you guys for some time so just caught up today. Geez don't know what to say! You've both kicked that high-alt Bolivian shit well and truly in the guts. Nice job. Baiting your piss-bottle like that was perfect! Leave them to it.

True to form it's good to see the Santiago Boyz looking after you, and don't forget there's a donor SE tucked away there if you need something to keep you rolling.

Have fun! Hugs.

Cheers, Geoff
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #2784
CHECOSO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
Hi there Andi and Ellen.

I took my eye off you guys for some time so just caught up today. Geez don't know what to say! You've both kicked that high-alt Bolivian shit well and truly in the guts. Nice job. Baiting your piss-bottle like that was perfect! Leave them to it.

True to form it's good to see the Santiago Boyz looking after you, and don't forget there's a donor SE tucked away there if you need something to keep you rolling.

Have fun! Hugs.

Cheers, Geoff
We also can take the Jaimoto 990 as a donor... as i said he is a beemer lover right now!!! jajajajajajaja!!!

It´s good to know both are out of Bolivia... SAFE!!!, i love BRASIL, hoping you enjoy this country as i enjoyed it a few years ago!!!
CHECOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #2785
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
Hi there Andi and Ellen.

Have fun! Hugs.

Cheers, Geoff
Heya Geoff

Great to here from you mate, yes every trip has its highs and lows and Bolivia takes the cake for all time low, onwards and upwards mate

Donor bike ...yeeha ...just send it to New Zealand thanks

On another note, we have a spsre voltage reg and mostly stator when not under load so if that is required we have them onboard

Cheers Andi
Old 07-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #2786
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Heya CHECOSO

Not sure why but we cant quote your txt from our Tab 3 thingy

Anyway, yeah Im worried the old pumpkin will get thrown in the corner once he finds out how comfy the german brothers bikes are

Next thing he wont be our friend anymore

So yeap out of Bolivia and safe, in Bonito now (spendie but a nice change from crap ) and there are gas stations everwhere who WANT to serve you

Cheers Andi
Old 07-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #2787
flaldrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
On the Air

Glad to see that you are still on the air for our enjoyment. Continue to ride safe and keep up posted.
flaldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #2788
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaldrider View Post
Glad to see that you are still on the air for our enjoyment. Continue to ride safe and keep up posted.
Heya fllaldrider

Yeah still have the Tab but cant upload any pics tho.

We are in Bonito at the mo, we had planned to do snorkling and all sorts the weather has caved in with huge thunderstorms and heavy rain.

Top it off we both scored an ugly headcold, again for me I seem to be the headcold dude this year

Tomorrow we hit Paraguay and the big unknown
Old 07-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #2789
CHECOSO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
your are going to Iguazú falls?

It´s great there... i stay at Puerto Iguazu (Argentina), ciudad del Este (Paraguay) i don´t like it, very ugly city

Regards!!!
CHECOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #2790
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Heya CHECOSO

Well we cant go to Paraguay, we rocked up to Bela Vista to find no immigration, we were sent down to Ponta Pora where we are now, we had read we didnt need a VISA but we found out today we do, can only get in Asuncion which means a l o n g ride so we are having the stator sent to this side.

We will go to the falls but unsure if on the way up or down now that plans have changed....again

Bonito was a dead loss with heavy rain and monster thunderstorms rocking the place, today was 10 degs at its warmest and pissed down all day as well as thick fog lowering visibilty to 20 meters, full wet gear on and still cold